Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! 15:05 - May 30 with 7357 viewsMJallday

http://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/sport/ipswich-town-are-joint-second-favourites-to-b

oh goody.

Stilton eating Participant - 1977 to Present Day
Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 15:07 - May 30 with 4946 viewsWD19

Surely that is joint 3rd favourites?

Hope that makes you feel better.
joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 15:11 - May 30 with 4921 viewshoppy

joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 15:07 - May 30 by WD19

No, Burton and Barnsley are joint favourites, so we are 2nd favourites, along with Bolton and Millwall.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 15:13 - May 30 with 4906 viewsMJallday

joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 15:07 - May 30 by WD19

well im comforted by the fact that

a) most bookies dont know what the hell they are on about
b) its based on this seasons dire performances
c) weve made no changes yet, no new personnel in, no changes of management etc

if this came out on august 15th - id be worried. for now, its meaningless -but it should be a warning shot across the bows to MM and ME.

Poll: Will you be renewing if you are an existing ST Holder - given todays news?

joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 15:15 - May 30 with 4868 viewsDoobDude

joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 15:13 - May 30 by MJallday

if this came out on august 15th - id be worried. for now, its meaningless -but it should be a warning shot across the bows to MM and ME.

Don't worry, we'll be odds on favourites for relegation once the season starts. It's all downhill from here.

What... is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow? What do you mean? An African or European swallow? Huh? I... I don't know that ... Auuuuuuuugh.
Poll: Whi is getting sold to fund the Webster Signing

joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 15:15 - May 30 with 4862 viewshoppy

joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 15:13 - May 30 by MJallday

Along with them making Norwich, with an unknown quantity of a manager new to this country and league, installed as joint third favourites to win the league. It is all pure guesswork surely, with nothing really to base that on.

joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 15:22 - May 30 with 4800 viewsMach_foreignBlue

joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 15:15 - May 30 by DoobDude

Don't worry, we'll be odds on favourites for relegation once the season starts. It's all downhill from here.

Lovely and so committed Marcus Evans can't spend money because of FFP, can he? FFP is what restricts his commitment isn't it?
joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 15:25 - May 30 with 4771 viewshoppy

joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 15:22 - May 30 by Mach_foreignBlue

Lovely and so committed Marcus Evans can't spend money because of FFP, can he? FFP is what restricts his commitment isn't it?

At the moment, he probably can't spend any money because the transfer window isn't open yet...

joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 15:26 - May 30 with 4773 viewsOldsmoker

If its based on last seasons championship performance then I need to point out that Hull,Sunderland,Boro', Sheff U, Millwall and Bolton won NO games in the championship last season.
The bookies got it right with Newcastle as favs for promotion and Rotherham as favs for relegation.
Leeds and Norwich didn't even make the play-offs.
Burton are still with us.
No surprise that they'll get it wrong again this season too.

Don't believe a word I say. I'm only kidding. Or am I?
Poll: What mode is best?

Login to get fewer ads

joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 15:40 - May 30 with 4668 viewsBluebell

I would guess that this time last year Huddersfield and Reading were favourites to be relegated having finished 17th and 19th!
joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 15:41 - May 30 with 4664 viewsMJallday

joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 15:15 - May 30 by hoppy

Along with them making Norwich, with an unknown quantity of a manager new to this country and league, installed as joint third favourites to win the league. It is all pure guesswork surely, with nothing really to base that on.

those NCFC odds are rediculous

hull sunderland will be strong. borough are likely to go back up (theyve kept most of their squad together) - reading, leeds, sheff weds will all be strong. villa will come back a bit. wolves (if they get their act together) will be tough.

cant see NCFC finishing higher than 10th to be honest.

joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 15:42 - May 30 with 4658 viewshoppy

joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 15:26 - May 30 by Oldsmoker

If its based on last seasons championship performance then I need to point out that Hull,Sunderland,Boro', Sheff U, Millwall and Bolton won NO games in the championship last season.
The bookies got it right with Newcastle as favs for promotion and Rotherham as favs for relegation.

Reading, Huddersfield and Fulham had finished 2015/16 season in 17th, 19th and 20th and all made the playoffs in 2016/17. Had the bookies forecast anything like that this time last year?

joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 15:43 - May 30 with 4640 viewshoppy

joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 15:40 - May 30 by Bluebell

I would guess that this time last year Huddersfield and Reading were favourites to be relegated having finished 17th and 19th!

Well, quite.

joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 15:45 - May 30 with 4636 viewsArcher4721

joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 15:11 - May 30 by hoppy

No, Burton and Barnsley are joint favourites, so we are 2nd favourites, along with Bolton and Millwall.

If there are two teams in front of us then we're next in third best. So third favourites is correct.
joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 15:46 - May 30 with 4616 viewsHARRY10

joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 15:26 - May 30 by Oldsmoker

The bookies don't get it wrong as they simply adjust the odds to reflect the money placed as bets

NOT the probability of something happening.

At the moment they have simply open a book and have placed most clubs roughly where they finished last season, that's all. Even if we are clear favourite to be relegated in August it means nothing because if we start to win and are near the top the bets will reflect that and so will the odds.

That's how it works, and that's why they are called bookmakers and not predictors.
joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 15:46 - May 30 with 4618 viewsMJallday

joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 15:45 - May 30 by Archer4721

If there are two teams in front of us then we're next in third best. So third favourites is correct.

is this seriously what we're worrying about? whether we're 2nd or 3rd favourites?

the very fact we're being mentioned in the same sentence as "relegation" is bad enough.

joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 15:46 - May 30 with 4616 viewsNo9

Isn't it a bit early for that?
There is still time to change the playing squad at PR
Or are the boookies as anti MM as most of the fans?
joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 15:48 - May 30 with 4599 viewsBluebell

joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 15:42 - May 30 by hoppy

Reading, Huddersfield and Fulham had finished 2015/16 season in 17th, 19th and 20th and all made the playoffs in 2016/17. Had the bookies forecast anything like that this time last year?

Beat you to it.
joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 15:49 - May 30 with 4589 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 15:46 - May 30 by MJallday

is this seriously what we're worrying about? whether we're 2nd or 3rd favourites?

the very fact we're being mentioned in the same sentence as "relegation" is bad enough.

Is it?

We were a bit crap last season, finished poorly and at this very early stage little has changed in terms of personnel and setup. Of course we were going to be near the top of that list currently

Probably worth waiting to see what the Summer brings if you ask me. If we get to August and little has happened then I'll be a bit more worried

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 15:49 - May 30 with 4587 viewshoppy

joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 15:45 - May 30 by Archer4721

On that basis, we could be 3rd, 4th or 5th, given they've made us equal with Millwall and Bolton.

joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 15:50 - May 30 with 4583 viewsArcher4721

Some people need a reality check of where we actually are as a club.
joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 15:50 - May 30 with 4582 viewsWD19

Chill. We are only joint third favorites for relegation - with 2 others.

So only a 33.3% chance of going down.

Happy dayz.
joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 15:51 - May 30 with 4562 viewshoppy

joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 15:48 - May 30 by Bluebell

Beat you to it.

Mine was more expansive.

joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 15:52 - May 30 with 4553 viewsArcher4721

joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 15:49 - May 30 by hoppy

On that basis, we could be 3rd, 4th or 5th, given they've made us equal with Millwall and Bolton.

yes joint 3rd favourites. Next teams in betting would be 6th favourites.
joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 15:52 - May 30 with 4553 viewsRealSlimShady

What are they offering for Kieffer Moore to be top scorer in the Championship?
joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 20:57 - May 30 with 4297 viewsDolly2.0

joint 2nd favourites to be relegated?! on 15:49 - May 30 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Is it?

We were a bit crap last season, finished poorly and at this very early stage little has changed in terms of personnel and setup. Of course we were going to be near the top of that list currently

Probably worth waiting to see what the Summer brings if you ask me. If we get to August and little has happened then I'll be a bit more worried

The thing is, the bookies aren't biased. If we're being mentioned as relegation candidates we all should we concerned.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024