Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Batistuta to Town article... 15:33 - Jun 7 with 4817 viewsSW6Tractor

https://www.thesportsman.com/articles/gabriel-batistuta-would-have-been-a-premie

Still an incredible rumour...
Batistuta to Town article... on 15:39 - Jun 7 with 4783 viewsSteve_M

Mel Henderson's finest work wasn't it? Instead we signed Adrian Paz.

Oh and some other guy almost as a makeweight; whatever happened to him?

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Batistuta to Town article... on 16:00 - Jun 7 with 4725 viewsKilburnBlue

Batistuta to Town article... on 15:39 - Jun 7 by Steve_M

Undeservedly beaten into 5th place in the Ipswich Foreign Legion League due to this result.

Batistuta to Town article... on 16:01 - Jun 7 with 4719 viewsSteve_M

Batistuta to Town article... on 16:00 - Jun 7 by KilburnBlue

Undeservedly beaten into 5th place in the Ipswich Foreign Legion League due to this result.

Yes, I really like Pablo but...

Batistuta to Town article... on 16:07 - Jun 7 with 4688 viewsCaptainObvious

The article was written by Trevor Haylett, a big Norwich City fan.

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Batistuta to Town article... on 16:11 - Jun 7 with 4671 viewsartsbossbeard

Batistuta to Town article... on 16:07 - Jun 7 by CaptainObvious

The article was written by Trevor Haylett, a big Norwich City fan.

Sure it was Mel H.

I had an email conversation with him after I disagreed with an article he'd written and he finished by saying that at least he didn't get the same level of abuse for this as he got over the Batistuta story.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Batistuta to Town article... on 16:17 - Jun 7 with 4632 viewsCaptainObvious

Batistuta to Town article... on 16:11 - Jun 7 by artsbossbeard

Sure it was Mel H.

I had an email conversation with him after I disagreed with an article he'd written and he finished by saying that at least he didn't get the same level of abuse for this as he got over the Batistuta story.

I'm sure he did too in the eadt. Maybe he had the same source, but the article in the independent wasn't his.

i.p. verification result : "not blueas"
Poll: Garner or Pitman?

Batistuta to Town article... on 16:21 - Jun 7 with 4603 viewsKilburnBlue

Batistuta to Town article... on 16:01 - Jun 7 by Steve_M

Yes, I really like Pablo but...

They've not been many players since the 80s lot where I've been genuinely gutted when a player left, but he was one of them.

He was hated by everyone bar us

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/it-is-a-rare-player-w

Batistuta to Town article... on 16:21 - Jun 7 with 4603 viewsartsbossbeard

Batistuta to Town article... on 16:17 - Jun 7 by CaptainObvious

I'm sure he did too in the eadt. Maybe he had the same source, but the article in the independent wasn't his.

Gotcha.

I've just dug up the email conversation, he actually fwd'ed me some content from emails he'd received on the subject. Some Town fans didn't hold back.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.

Login to get fewer ads

Batistuta to Town article... on 16:23 - Jun 7 with 4577 viewsIllinoisblue

Batistuta to Town article... on 16:21 - Jun 7 by artsbossbeard

Gotcha.

I've just dug up the email conversation, he actually fwd'ed me some content from emails he'd received on the subject. Some Town fans didn't hold back.

you have to post those emails now

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Batistuta to Town article... on 16:26 - Jun 7 with 4550 viewsIllinoisblue

Batistuta to Town article... on 16:21 - Jun 7 by KilburnBlue

They've not been many players since the 80s lot where I've been genuinely gutted when a player left, but he was one of them.

He was hated by everyone bar us

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/it-is-a-rare-player-w

agreed. he's the sort of player we miss, not just for his ability but for his desire and passion. Instead we have nice bloke Cole who carries all the threat of a cheerful insurance salesman.

62 - 78 - 81

Batistuta to Town article... on 16:29 - Jun 7 with 4543 viewsartsbossbeard

Batistuta to Town article... on 16:23 - Jun 7 by Illinoisblue

you have to post those emails now

Mel, I can't resist emailing you, just to let you know I think you are possibly one of the biggest w*nk faced "journalists" around.
++
If you must be a "journalist", at least try writing something worthwhile, like Ipswich signing Battistuta (sic)..... you c*nt.
++
On the subject of booing Craig Bellamy @ Sir Bob's testimonial.

What a sh1t piece in the paper today about the booing of Bellamy, what did you expect you stupid c*nt?

Batistuta to Town article... on 16:34 - Jun 7 with 4501 viewsIllinoisblue

Batistuta to Town article... on 16:29 - Jun 7 by artsbossbeard

Mel, I can't resist emailing you, just to let you know I think you are possibly one of the biggest w*nk faced "journalists" around.
++
If you must be a "journalist", at least try writing something worthwhile, like Ipswich signing Battistuta (sic)..... you c*nt.
++
On the subject of booing Craig Bellamy @ Sir Bob's testimonial.

What a sh1t piece in the paper today about the booing of Bellamy, what did you expect you stupid c*nt?

keroist, they weren't holding back, were they?!

62 - 78 - 81

Batistuta to Town article... on 16:38 - Jun 7 with 4472 viewsartsbossbeard

Batistuta to Town article... on 16:34 - Jun 7 by Illinoisblue

keroist, they weren't holding back, were they?!

The second one has shades of an early Benters, I reckon.

Batistuta to Town article... on 16:46 - Jun 7 with 4436 viewsfactual_blue

Batistuta to Town article... on 16:38 - Jun 7 by artsbossbeard

The second one has shades of an early Benters, I reckon.

balls.

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

Batistuta to Town article... on 16:49 - Jun 7 with 4424 viewsKilburnBlue

The article written by Trevor Haylett in the Independent that linked Ipswich with Batistuta in 1994.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-ipswich-chase-argentines-1446441.htm

Batistuta to Town article... on 17:10 - Jun 7 with 4362 viewsSteve_M

I thought the EADT article was based on our scouting trip to Argentina which then gave rise to the - totally realistic - Batistuta speculation and then the Indy article came later.

Batistuta to Town article... on 17:25 - Jun 7 with 4333 viewsKilburnBlue

Batistuta to Town article... on 17:10 - Jun 7 by Steve_M

I thought the EADT article was based on our scouting trip to Argentina which then gave rise to the - totally realistic - Batistuta speculation and then the Indy article came later.

Read that somewhere too. Something to do when John Lyall was on a scouting mission in South America in the summer of 1994.

Somehow EADT linked as with Batistuta while people in the know knew this was well wide of the mark.

Batistuta to Town article... on 18:03 - Jun 7 with 4274 viewsgood_at_COD

You clearly have some sort of agenda against MH. He's no mate of mine but I definitely recall an article written by Phil in the TWTD fanzine that explained the Batistuta nonsense. Phil interviewed him and he explained how it all came about and that despite his protests he was forced to write the offending article by an over-zealous editor who was convinced it was true. I'll come clean and admit I know the guy because our wives are friendly but I have detected some sort of personal grudge on your part, which included his editing of the Muhren and Thijssen book recently.
Why don't you come clean and confess to why you dislike him so much?
As for his email exchange with beardy I'd love to know more. The fact that he was even willing to trade views with beardy is quite impressive.

Giggsy

Batistuta to Town article... on 19:38 - Jun 7 with 4161 viewsSteve_M

Batistuta to Town article... on 18:03 - Jun 7 by good_at_COD

You clearly have some sort of agenda against MH. He's no mate of mine but I definitely recall an article written by Phil in the TWTD fanzine that explained the Batistuta nonsense. Phil interviewed him and he explained how it all came about and that despite his protests he was forced to write the offending article by an over-zealous editor who was convinced it was true. I'll come clean and admit I know the guy because our wives are friendly but I have detected some sort of personal grudge on your part, which included his editing of the Muhren and Thijssen book recently.
Why don't you come clean and confess to why you dislike him so much?
As for his email exchange with beardy I'd love to know more. The fact that he was even willing to trade views with beardy is quite impressive.

I only mentioned him here because he wrote the story, I'm aware of that background which I think is highly likely to be true. No more than that here.

Ours was pretty obvious to everyone asset the time that the story was ballacks so it doesn't take a great deal of awareness to realise MH thought that too.

No grudge or agenda on my part, I can't even remember writing anything about him re: the book. I've also liked his willingness to be slightly provocative with Town fans: that Barry Knight had a shocking game in 2000 for example.

Edit: I see it's in the pinned post but that was in counter to someone else's criticism of him. Saying some of his writing is clunky isn't much evidence of a grudge.
[Post edited 7 Jun 2017 19:41]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024