Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At what point do you think Corbyn would 20:28 - Jun 14 with 36639 viewsBluefish

Stop political point scoring?

Obviously causing NI tensions wasn't the limit and nor is point scoring over a tragedy where people have lost theirs lives in a fire.

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

At what point do you think Corbyn would on 20:41 - Jun 14 with 14970 viewsGlasgowBlue

The bodies haven't been counted yet and no investigation to determine the cause of the tragedy has taken place, yet this piece of work is already trying to score political points over it.

What a cu^t.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

At what point do you think Corbyn would on 21:02 - Jun 14 with 14960 viewsblueblueburleymcgrew

At what point do you think Corbyn would on 20:41 - Jun 14 by GlasgowBlue

The bodies haven't been counted yet and no investigation to determine the cause of the tragedy has taken place, yet this piece of work is already trying to score political points over it.

What a cu^t.

He and his advisors clearly think he's invincible just now.

Also disliking this sense of entitlement that they should be in power despite losing. Saw that McDonnell is calling for 1m people to take to the streets to force May from power.

All this could end badly for them.
At what point do you think Corbyn would on 21:06 - Jun 14 with 14937 viewsmonytowbray

Seems a few want to deny the influence decisions made by this government have had in relation to this incident.

As someone on FB quite rightly said earlier, it's not too early for political point scoring over this tragedy, but it is in fact sadly too late.

TWTD never forgets…
Poll: How close will a TWTD election poll be next to June results?

At what point do you think Corbyn would on 21:10 - Jun 14 with 14917 viewsGlasgowBlue

At what point do you think Corbyn would on 21:06 - Jun 14 by monytowbray

Seems a few want to deny the influence decisions made by this government have had in relation to this incident.

As someone on FB quite rightly said earlier, it's not too early for political point scoring over this tragedy, but it is in fact sadly too late.

Before we even know if government policy had anything to do with this awful tragedy?

The flames aren't even out yet.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

At what point do you think Corbyn would on 21:24 - Jun 14 with 14879 viewsCoastalblue

I thought he came out of the election campaign with a fair bit of dignity considering what had been slung at him, since the result though he's just throwing all that away. He needs to get rid of McDonnell and get someone with a bit more savvy and a bit less political aggression alongside him now.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

At what point do you think Corbyn would on 21:28 - Jun 14 with 14865 viewsVic

At what point do you think Corbyn would on 21:02 - Jun 14 by blueblueburleymcgrew

He and his advisors clearly think he's invincible just now.

Also disliking this sense of entitlement that they should be in power despite losing. Saw that McDonnell is calling for 1m people to take to the streets to force May from power.

All this could end badly for them.

Hopefully.

Still, I'm looking forward to the next Olympics; we really should clean up there if coming second means you're the winner! I think we'll jut tell all our atheletes to conserve energy until the last lap then run like mad - they probably won't win, but according to Jeremy they'll have made up so much ground that had the race been longer they'd have won- therefore they should get the gold medal.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

At what point do you think Corbyn would on 21:31 - Jun 14 with 14855 viewsVic

At what point do you think Corbyn would on 21:24 - Jun 14 by Coastalblue

I thought he came out of the election campaign with a fair bit of dignity considering what had been slung at him, since the result though he's just throwing all that away. He needs to get rid of McDonnell and get someone with a bit more savvy and a bit less political aggression alongside him now.

Nah, just showing his true colours that he (or his advisors) managed to hide during the election.

I had begun to warm to him - a bit. His reaction since the election has reminded me why he repulsed me so much before.

At what point do you think Corbyn would on 21:56 - Jun 14 with 14797 viewslowhouseblue

At what point do you think Corbyn would on 21:06 - Jun 14 by monytowbray

well if it's on facebook it must be true. who needs an investigation when there's facebook?

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Login to get fewer ads

At what point do you think Corbyn would on 22:40 - Jun 14 with 14706 viewsbournemouthblue

At what point do you think Corbyn would on 21:56 - Jun 14 by lowhouseblue

well if it's on facebook it must be true. who needs an investigation when there's facebook?

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see there are serious health and safety failings here

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

At what point do you think Corbyn would on 22:43 - Jun 14 with 14693 viewslowhouseblue

At what point do you think Corbyn would on 22:40 - Jun 14 by bournemouthblue

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see there are serious health and safety failings here

clearly - fire shouldn't spread like that. but how and why those failings came about is not clear yet? architects? contractors? maintenance regime? doing things on the cheap? i don't see that anyone can know that yet.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

At what point do you think Corbyn would on 22:49 - Jun 14 with 14669 viewsVic

At what point do you think Corbyn would on 22:40 - Jun 14 by bournemouthblue

Yes, it time no place and now shouldn't be the time to start pointing the finger at the government. That just smacks of point scoring and shows a complete lack of class.

At what point do you think Corbyn would on 22:58 - Jun 14 with 14641 viewsmonytowbray

At what point do you think Corbyn would on 22:43 - Jun 14 by lowhouseblue

clearly - fire shouldn't spread like that. but how and why those failings came about is not clear yet? architects? contractors? maintenance regime? doing things on the cheap? i don't see that anyone can know that yet.

Based on the previous blod post by residents dating back to November 2016 and further I'd say it's pretty clear there was a H&S failure here that falls at the government's feet.

In the good old days before the internet you could just do a Hillsborough, blame a resident, edit statements and cover it up. Not anymore.

TWTD never forgets…

At what point do you think Corbyn would on 22:59 - Jun 14 with 14633 viewsmonytowbray

At what point do you think Corbyn would on 21:10 - Jun 14 by GlasgowBlue

Before we even know if government policy had anything to do with this awful tragedy?

See above response.

TWTD never forgets…

At what point do you think Corbyn would on 23:03 - Jun 14 with 14616 viewslowhouseblue

At what point do you think Corbyn would on 22:58 - Jun 14 by monytowbray

Based on the previous blod post by residents dating back to November 2016 and further I'd say it's pretty clear there was a H&S failure here that falls at the government's feet.

In the good old days before the internet you could just do a Hillsborough, blame a resident, edit statements and cover it up. Not anymore.

"H&S failure here that falls at the government's feet".

how do you possibly know that the government is responsible. you're just making a politically motivated assertion prior to any form of investigation. it's too early to throw blame about.

At what point do you think Corbyn would on 23:22 - Jun 14 with 14572 viewsmonytowbray

At what point do you think Corbyn would on 23:03 - Jun 14 by lowhouseblue

"H&S failure here that falls at the government's feet".

how do you possibly know that the government is responsible. you're just making a politically motivated assertion prior to any form of investigation. it's too early to throw blame about.

Bar the blog from November 2016 that said the building is a massive H&S risk and the
Local government won't fix it.

TWTD never forgets…

At what point do you think Corbyn would on 23:55 - Jun 14 with 14524 viewsDarth_Koont

Is it point scoring? I'd have thought as an inner city social democrat you could make any number of points about the safety and welfare of council house tenants. Just by addressing the facts.

Pronouns: He/Him

At what point do you think Corbyn would on 00:07 - Jun 15 with 14500 viewsconnorscontract

What a cu^t.

For what it's worth, I thought it was distasteful and too early for his interjection.

However, not as distasteful as the news that the management group had been warned in writing by the residents about the concerns that fire safety was inadequate, and that there was a disaster waiting to happen.

If there is a cu^t anywhere in all this, I'd start looking there.
At what point do you think Corbyn would on 00:12 - Jun 15 with 14470 viewsvapour_trail

What a cu^t.

It needs saying. People have been failed here.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

At what point do you think Corbyn would on 00:36 - Jun 15 with 14446 viewsBOjK

At what point do you think Corbyn would on 21:10 - Jun 14 by GlasgowBlue

Watch today's news night on iPlayer. At least the last section with David Ames(?) and David Aaranovitch.

I'll reply further tomorrow

Blog: [Blog] Keep Calm and Carry on (Or Why the Club is Not in Crisis from Top to Bottom)

At what point do you think Corbyn would on 01:03 - Jun 15 with 14417 viewsconnorscontract

Are you seriously saying that with the Prime Minister entering into an agreement with the DUP, in which she is dependent on them to keep her in power, in the context of the duty upon the Westminster Government to remain neutral during delicate Power Sharing negotiations, the point at which NI tensions are caused is when Jeremy Corbyn makes a comment about it?

1. He's the Leader of the Opposition, it's his Constitutional role to question the actions of the Prime Minister.
2. If John Major (one of the leading architects of the Peace Process) is expressing serious concerns over the link with the DUP (because of the ramifications for the Power Sharing Executive, and wider Peace Process, in Northern Ireland) then that makes it an undeniably mainstream position.

Having been a North London constituency MP for so many years, and, I would guess, having been involved with thousands of cases in that time of tenants being mistreated or put at risk, I believe he would feel incredibly strongly about this. Anyone who has read the statement from the tenants group can't help but feel angry on their behalf.

That said, the standard "Our thoughts are with those involved and their families, huge admiration for the emergency services, obviously there are questions that will need to be asked but we need to wait until the full facts emerge" would have sat better with myself, and I'm sure many others.
At what point do you think Corbyn would on 03:25 - Jun 15 with 14365 viewsBinner

There is another factor to consider here in that there are many, many other families living in similar highrise blocks across the country.

Of course I cannot possibly say whether the alleged shortcomings referred to in connorscontract’s post existed in reality, nor whether, if they existed, they were in any part a contributing factor in Wednesday morning’s fire. But if there are others in highrise blocks with similar concerns, whether those concerns are justified or not, I imagine those many people would rather the questions are asked immediately rather than spend a day or two hand-wringing just to salve the sensibilities of Truce, Glassers and others.

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

At what point do you think Corbyn would on 04:57 - Jun 15 with 14340 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

At what point do you think Corbyn would on 23:22 - Jun 14 by monytowbray

Bar the blog from November 2016 that said the building is a massive H&S risk and the
Local government won't fix it.

Labour MP there innit? So directly all Jeremy's fault
At what point do you think Corbyn would on 06:22 - Jun 15 with 14310 viewsSwailsey

Not related to the incident directly but still.

https://skwawkbox.org/2017/06/14/video-boris-johnson-telling-fire-safety-panel-g

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

At what point do you think Corbyn would on 06:35 - Jun 15 with 14296 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

At what point do you think Corbyn would on 03:25 - Jun 15 by Binner

There is another factor to consider here in that there are many, many other families living in similar highrise blocks across the country.

Of course I cannot possibly say whether the alleged shortcomings referred to in connorscontract’s post existed in reality, nor whether, if they existed, they were in any part a contributing factor in Wednesday morning’s fire. But if there are others in highrise blocks with similar concerns, whether those concerns are justified or not, I imagine those many people would rather the questions are asked immediately rather than spend a day or two hand-wringing just to salve the sensibilities of Truce, Glassers and others.

If the cladding that seemed to be responsible for the spread of fire is present in other blocks I think they may be renovated or closed quite quickly.

Unfortunately for the residents if it's not possible to renovate it could mean relocate. In other words... we'll sell that prime piece of London real estate for development, and build you a nice council estate in the outskirts of slough
At what point do you think Corbyn would on 06:37 - Jun 15 with 14290 viewsNo9

What a cu^t.

Presumably you are aware of the inactions of tory MP's Messrs Lewis & Bardwell?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024