Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Random acts of kindness... 13:33 - Jun 29 with 1401 viewsYaffle

So, yesterday Mrs Yaffle was in Germany with our daughter who was representing England in the Dance World Cup. The journey from the hotel in the Black Forest to the airport was a good couple of hours on trains and a bus. Upon arriving at the airport she discovered that the boarding passes, passports and car keys to the car parked at Stansted were still in the room safe. Long, story short with no other way of getting them to her in time the hotel manager jumped in his car and drove the hour to the airport to get them to her in time to board the flight. He wouldn't even accept any money for fuel although he did get given some champers and chocolates!

If he hadn't done that it would have been a nightmare getting home or even finding additional accommodation not to mention the cost which would have huge due to the competition! He didn't have to do what he did but I'm hugely pleased he did.

It helped restore my faith in human nature so I thought I would share and see if anyone had experienced anything similar either as the superhero or recipient!
Random acts of kindness... on 13:42 - Jun 29 with 1341 viewsLord_Lucan

People can be nice, and being nice is the best feeling in the world.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Random acts of kindness... on 13:46 - Jun 29 with 1329 viewsPrideOfTheEast

Random acts of kindness... on 13:42 - Jun 29 by Lord_Lucan

Isn't it. This will sound daft but I've been trying to do a good deed a week since the start of the year. It doesn't generally cost anything but gives me far more pleasure than many things that do.

Yesterday I sorted work experience for a friend of a friend. The week before I gave some left overs to a man on the street outside Greenwich DLR.

LOOK AT ME!
Random acts of kindness... on 14:01 - Jun 29 with 1272 viewsITFC1983

Random acts of kindness... on 13:42 - Jun 29 by Lord_Lucan

Agree, went to Alton Towers the other day, hired a buggy and was heading back to leave mid afternoon. A man came up and asked where we had hired it from and how much they were, when I told him he went 'oh ok' and went to walk in the other direction. I realised and said he could have ours as we didn't need it anymore as long as he returned it, he looked chuffed and his kids were happy too! Like you say cost me nothing but gave me a nice warm glow inside!

Poll: £16m Mario Balotelli or £11m Ross McCormack or £FREE* David McGoldrick

Random acts of kindness... on 14:09 - Jun 29 with 1233 viewsLord_Lucan

Random acts of kindness... on 13:46 - Jun 29 by PrideOfTheEast

Isn't it. This will sound daft but I've been trying to do a good deed a week since the start of the year. It doesn't generally cost anything but gives me far more pleasure than many things that do.

Yesterday I sorted work experience for a friend of a friend. The week before I gave some left overs to a man on the street outside Greenwich DLR.

LOOK AT ME!

I have a good deed you can do.

You can handle my accounts FOC

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024