Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by 22:10 - Jul 3 with 15696 viewsgainsboroughblue

The Town mascot for the game v Southampton (containing Kevin Keegan) in circa 81-82 was called Kevin Keagan.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 22:15 - Jul 3 with 9852 viewsPJH

If Burnley had beaten already relegated Chelsea on 28th April 1962 instead of drawing with them we might not have ever won the League.

(Burnley still had one game left and if they had beaten Chelsea and won their last game they would have been above us on goal average and 12th_Man would have been right)
Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 22:16 - Jul 3 with 9859 viewsclive_baker

Haha. Simon Milton's testimonial against West Ham, being really impressed with Craig Forest doing a throw out to the full back but behind his back. Nice little party trick.

West Brom at home, Burley era. Was in the ground about an hour after the game as had some academy event, must've been about 11 or something and a couple of their players started kicking the sh1t out of each other in the tunnel after a warm down. Matt Holland ushered us lads away so we didn't have to witness it but we were desperate to watch. They were properly laying into each other, stewards and police breaking them up. Rumour has it one had been sent off and the other blamed him for them losing. Would be all over social media today, probably wasn't even reported then.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 22:18 - Jul 3 with 9833 viewsgtsb1966

Sharing the middle pen with Arsenal fans. The girls selling snacks walking round the pitch.
Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 22:22 - Jul 3 with 9821 viewsPhilTWTD

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 22:16 - Jul 3 by clive_baker

Haha. Simon Milton's testimonial against West Ham, being really impressed with Craig Forest doing a throw out to the full back but behind his back. Nice little party trick.

West Brom at home, Burley era. Was in the ground about an hour after the game as had some academy event, must've been about 11 or something and a couple of their players started kicking the sh1t out of each other in the tunnel after a warm down. Matt Holland ushered us lads away so we didn't have to witness it but we were desperate to watch. They were properly laying into each other, stewards and police breaking them up. Rumour has it one had been sent off and the other blamed him for them losing. Would be all over social media today, probably wasn't even reported then.

They had two players sent off, assuming it's the one I'm thinking of. That sounds familiar so might have made the press at the time.
Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 22:28 - Jul 3 with 9798 viewsclive_baker

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 22:22 - Jul 3 by PhilTWTD

They had two players sent off, assuming it's the one I'm thinking of. That sounds familiar so might have made the press at the time.

You're correct, just found this:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/1999/dec/20/newsstor

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 22:34 - Jul 3 with 9789 viewsEastTownBlue

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 22:28 - Jul 3 by clive_baker

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/1999/dec/20/newsstor

That nice man Lee Hughes was substituted before he was sent off as well. He decided to go for a provocative warm down towards the North Stand which didn't go down rather well.
Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 22:40 - Jul 3 with 9765 viewsgainsboroughblue

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 22:28 - Jul 3 by clive_baker

Neil Midgley. Crikey, that's a name I'd forgotten.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 22:46 - Jul 3 with 9759 viewsHipsterectomy

A Rotherham player I think getting a standing ovation from quite a few Town fans as they were already relegated and he had a good game. Never seen or heard of that happen before or since.

Walter Smith's Barmy Army

Login to get fewer ads

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 22:52 - Jul 3 with 9734 viewsgtsb1966

I used to stand on a milkcrate at the front of the North stand in the mid to late 70's and vividly remember a woman somewhere at the back of the North would scream whenever an opponent got near our goal.
Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 22:54 - Jul 3 with 9720 viewsClapham_Junction

I have a vague memory of Town v Southampton in 1995 - Bruce Grobelaar, who had barely been tested in the first half, coming out after half time and getting a stool to sit down on in the goalmouth as the game restarted.

Unfortunately for him we actually managed to win the game, one of only seven (?) that season.
Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 22:57 - Jul 3 with 9682 viewsblue_oyster

Dribbling.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 22:57 - Jul 3 with 9690 viewsClapham_Junction

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 22:46 - Jul 3 by Hipsterectomy

A Rotherham player I think getting a standing ovation from quite a few Town fans as they were already relegated and he had a good game. Never seen or heard of that happen before or since.

I think that was Jamal Campbell-Ryce during the 2004/05 season.

I seem to remember Crewe getting applauded off the pitch when they beat us at home towards the end of the 1998/99 season. It was the first time I'd ever seen us lose a home match in eight years of going.
Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 22:58 - Jul 3 with 9679 viewsAdmiralFunge

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 22:46 - Jul 3 by Hipsterectomy

Jamal Campbell-Ryce, as I recall.

He was quite good, but not really worthy of a standing ovation.

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 23:00 - Jul 3 with 9667 viewsAdmiralFunge

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 22:54 - Jul 3 by Clapham_Junction

I have a vague memory of Town v Southampton in 1995 - Bruce Grobelaar, who had barely been tested in the first half, coming out after half time and getting a stool to sit down on in the goalmouth as the game restarted.

Unfortunately for him we actually managed to win the game, one of only seven (?) that season.

Was that the same game that Le Tissier kicked the corner flag over, when trying to take said corner?

Honestly never thought I'd see anything like that again, and then we signed Larsen Toure.

Poll: Danny Karbassiyoon, or Kim Karbasheran?

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 23:50 - Jul 3 with 9583 viewsBlueastheycome

Yes

Campbell-Rice I believe his name was.

Edit: just seen others got in before me. I think he sunk through the leagues in the following years
[Post edited 3 Jul 2017 23:52]
Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 06:21 - Jul 4 with 9461 viewsJohnhoz

We beat Pompey at their place in the league cup on a windy evening in the early 90's and Billy scored with a ripsnorter of a free kick. After the game the ref (Roger Milford) performed some sort of lap of honour where he was running round the pitch waving to the crowd. Weird.

Also I seem to remember a game at Ewood park in the 90's when there was an announcement on the PA system "Could Terry Gennoe please report to reception". We thought it was really funny at the time.

I reckon we should sack the manager every time we lose a game
Poll: Right now, why do you go to games

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 07:58 - Jul 4 with 9332 viewsSteve_M

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 22:54 - Jul 3 by Clapham_Junction

I think the fact that we beat three of the top five that season - Man Utd, Leeds, Liverpool - Should go in this list.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 08:35 - Jul 4 with 9293 viewsLord_Lucan

Before every home game against Liverpool.
PA; Lady's and Gentleman, pickpockets are operating throughout the stadium.

Random games - must have been a spate of wind ups.
PA; Mr Bloggs, will you please go home immediately as your house is on fire.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 09:00 - Jul 4 with 9250 viewsPinewoodblue

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 08:35 - Jul 4 by Lord_Lucan

Before every home game against Liverpool.
PA; Lady's and Gentleman, pickpockets are operating throughout the stadium.

Random games - must have been a spate of wind ups.
PA; Mr Bloggs, will you please go home immediately as your house is on fire.

Seem to remember someone being told, over the PA, more than once to get himself to the maternity hospital as his wife was having his baby.

Silly incident with a corner, north stand end, West stand side. Town player taking a corner unintentionally touched the ball which only travelled a few feet. Went to pick it up ref waved his arms as would have been handball. Rush of players to get to the ball first.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 09:23 - Jul 4 with 9190 viewsbluelagos

I think I recall Graham Harbey once crossed a ball that didn't land in row Z, but it might just be false memory syndrome.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 11:11 - Jul 4 with 9112 viewsITFC_Forever

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 22:52 - Jul 3 by gtsb1966

I used to stand on a milkcrate at the front of the North stand in the mid to late 70's and vividly remember a woman somewhere at the back of the North would scream whenever an opponent got near our goal.

She still does that now... I used to sit a few seats along from her until we moved forward a few rows.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 11:33 - Jul 4 with 9083 viewsbritbiker

In the violent old days when everyone bundled into the north stand from the pub just before kick off. Standing just far enough from the dividing fence so as not to get spat on or worse from the visiting fans. And a bunch of tough black ipswich fans that had the nickname the Ipswich nig.... (insert a word no longer acceptable). Who were they? I was told they came from London but that seems unlikely.
Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 11:48 - Jul 4 with 9029 viewsDolly2.0

A song;

"M.I.C.K.E.Y.B.L.U.N.T, Mickey Blunt what a c***"

I've no idea who Mickey Blunt was.

Poll: Be honest, how many times have you played the clip of Noel Hunt's goal?

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 12:14 - Jul 4 with 8971 viewschicoazul

The man who forked the pitch at half time with the blond mullet.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 12:15 - Jul 4 with 8966 viewsPhilTWTD

Really random things you remember from ITFC times gone by on 12:14 - Jul 4 by chicoazul

The man who forked the pitch at half time with the blond mullet.

The Glam Rock Pitch Stomper, as I think he was known!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024