Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Marquis 18:49 - Jul 14 with 5802 viewsNorthern_Blue81

Would he be a good addition and the final piece of the jigsaw to start the new season?

Scored a bunch of goals last season, has some albeit limited championship experience.

I think he could do a decent job and at 25 will be approaching his prime playing days so we get a good few seasons out of him if paying a fee for him.

John Marquis on 19:41 - Jul 14 with 5658 viewshowdonblue

We won't be signing him not if the fee is over £1 million

We will be out of the running
John Marquis on 19:43 - Jul 14 with 5648 viewsNorthern_Blue81

John Marquis on 19:41 - Jul 14 by howdonblue

We won't be signing him not if the fee is over £1 million

We will be out of the running

Not sure how much he would cost, but, I am not sure he would be valued over a million, surely?

Transfermarket site says 170k, but that seems a bit low.
John Marquis on 19:44 - Jul 14 with 5643 viewshowdonblue

John Marquis on 19:43 - Jul 14 by Northern_Blue81

Not sure how much he would cost, but, I am not sure he would be valued over a million, surely?

Transfermarket site says 170k, but that seems a bit low.

25 goals last season must be worth £700.000 minimum
John Marquis on 19:46 - Jul 14 with 5628 viewsNorthern_Blue81

John Marquis on 19:44 - Jul 14 by howdonblue

25 goals last season must be worth £700.000 minimum

Good shout, i would have thought in the region of 750k too.
John Marquis on 20:14 - Jul 14 with 5502 viewskeanekipper

There seems to be alot of love for marquis from ipswich fans, have people seen alot of him or what are these opinions based on?

I watched him vs wycombe last year and he wasn't someone who really stood out to me, but worked hard and obviously scored goals last season, but on that day i wouldn't of said he could make the jump but it was just the one game.

i've also watched Russell Martin, currie and roger johnson at wycombe and i never thought they would play at a higher level than that but did. When there have been others i have seen who have stood out and thought they would make it higher Alfie mawson for example.
John Marquis on 20:20 - Jul 14 with 5456 viewstractornat

Don't know much about him but bringing in an in form striker wouldn't be the worse idea of at a reasonable price.

However signings like this make me think of Sam Parkin...

Poll: Who would you prefer, McCarthy or Holloway????

John Marquis on 20:28 - Jul 14 with 5403 viewsNorthern_Blue81

John Marquis on 20:14 - Jul 14 by keanekipper

There seems to be alot of love for marquis from ipswich fans, have people seen alot of him or what are these opinions based on?

I watched him vs wycombe last year and he wasn't someone who really stood out to me, but worked hard and obviously scored goals last season, but on that day i wouldn't of said he could make the jump but it was just the one game.

i've also watched Russell Martin, currie and roger johnson at wycombe and i never thought they would play at a higher level than that but did. When there have been others i have seen who have stood out and thought they would make it higher Alfie mawson for example.

I think for me it is the fact he was potentially in budget and scored a lot of goals last season.

With no real out and out goal scorer in the squad it could pay dividends and if i t did not work out, then it was not a huge financial risk.

Unless we are going to fork out 7, 8 or 9 million or whatever it is for a player like Tom Lawrence, we need to be realistic on the type of striker we can bring in.
John Marquis on 20:30 - Jul 14 with 5386 viewsNorthern_Blue81

John Marquis on 20:20 - Jul 14 by tractornat

Don't know much about him but bringing in an in form striker wouldn't be the worse idea of at a reasonable price.

However signings like this make me think of Sam Parkin...

Is a similar situation to Parkin, scored freely for Swindon then come to Ipswich and struggled...
[Post edited 14 Jul 2017 20:31]
Login to get fewer ads

John Marquis on 20:36 - Jul 14 with 5352 viewsCoastalblue

John Marquis on 20:30 - Jul 14 by Northern_Blue81

Is a similar situation to Parkin, scored freely for Swindon then come to Ipswich and struggled...

Yep and that thread posted from their forum the other day had a lot of them wondering if he'd be up to playing a league higher for them. Suggestions were he was playing in a side creating a lot of chances and on a roll, it may not be the same stepping up a league and his return could ne significantly less. Two leagues up and an average side might see him struggle.

I've never seen him so no idea.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

John Marquis on 20:39 - Jul 14 with 5327 viewsstainless

He's had 1 good season in his career, before that he's been all over on loan and hasn't impressed. I doubt he would be good enough for the championship and at 25 isn't likely to improve.
John Marquis on 20:43 - Jul 14 with 5306 viewskeanekipper

John Marquis on 20:30 - Jul 14 by Northern_Blue81

He could end up ripping it up for us and that is the realistic market we are shopping as you said, just going on watching him once and going on his pretty sub-standard record before last season in maybe the best team in the league.

whereas someone like john akinde has scored 20 plus goals the last two seasons in a poorer team could be a more proven punt, worth me saying i dont think akinde would be up to it either, but in my opinion his goal record looks better than marquis.
John Marquis on 22:38 - Jul 14 with 5071 viewsITFC_Forever

The fact there's absolutely no fact in the rumour doesn't help. Just a made up story some ropey Twitter account put out there.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

John Marquis on 22:47 - Jul 14 with 5052 viewsMullet

John Marquis on 22:38 - Jul 14 by ITFC_Forever

The fact there's absolutely no fact in the rumour doesn't help. Just a made up story some ropey Twitter account put out there.

Quite. I also don't know how we could possibly value him in this day and age given what some players do move for.

We are getting a bit desperate for a striker though. Let's not forget Garner has enough question marks over him at this level and we've yet to see a striker in our side flourish with the lack of chances we made in the last campaign.

I was kind of hoping someone like Chaplin might come the other way to replenish the numbers at least and give us something to get excited about.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

John Marquis on 22:48 - Jul 14 with 5042 viewsLankHenners

John Marquis on 22:38 - Jul 14 by ITFC_Forever

The Doncaster fan that made it up to troll his own must be pissing himself if he knew the effect it's had with some of our lot.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

John Marquis on 11:15 - Jul 15 with 4751 viewsbluebare

maybe the loans will grease the wheels to make the deal happen?
John Marquis on 12:27 - Jul 15 with 4645 viewsRoyKeanesDog

He's hardly a Marquis signing.

Poll: Best Football Song

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024