Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The New Season Expectations and Predictions 12:52 - Aug 2 with 978 viewssammyitfc

So the new season is about to kick off, and apparently Ipswich are in for a tough ride this season.

The predictions for the new season and the anticipation that comes with it has started in full force in the final week of pre season preparations. It is hardly surprising that these predictions come with a gloomy forecast for us. Many view us as serious relegation candidates, and after the 6-1 drubbing at the hands of Charlton not many can argue with it. However, this fills me (call me crazy) with excitement and hope for the season ahead.

Many supporters of both our club and others forget that this kind of underdog status is what McCarthy and the players fed off of during that 14/15 play off finishing season. Yes, we still miss the firepower that Murphy provided us with during that campaign. However, this is the only gap I see that needs plugging for us to have a real chance of causing some major upsets in the coming months.

Early fixtures against 'Arry's Birmingham, Barnsley and Millwall provide us with the chance to get a quick start from the off. If this is to happen I see that a new striker signing (IT WILL HAPPEN, I BELIEVE) will give us the momentum any side craves during the August and September months.

As fans we need to get behind the team for the first push of the season and maybe, just maybe with positive results and a signing or two, we can make a real go of it once again. Let's just remember the Hunt goal against Charlton, the Chaplow goal against Watford. It's moments like that which make this underdog season one to relish rather than fear.
[Post edited 2 Aug 2017 13:03]

Poll: which manager and assistant would you like to see at town the most?

The New Season Expectations and Predictions on 15:58 - Aug 2 with 899 viewsdirtyboy

Even though we got humiliated last weekend, I'm going to ignore that result....last game before season starts, everyone takes foot off pedal, don't want injuries....freak result.

The Colchester game gave me a small insight into how we can play, how dangerous Garner and McGoldrick can be, a glimpse into the class of Celina and Rowe looked every bit capable as we hoped he'd be.

I've had a look a the dealings across the league and yes there are a few big numbers flying about, but when you look at them in a bit more depth, I'm not convinced many teams have strengthened as much as we think.

With that in mind, I see us capable of being marginally better off this year finishing in around 10th on 65 points.
The New Season Expectations and Predictions on 16:14 - Aug 2 with 876 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

I have been thinking about the underdog tag again myself and that everyone has written us off this season before a ball has even been kicked and I think that will suit Mick down to a tee if im honest.

Personally I am pretty happy with the business we have done this summer, yes another couple of signings would be ideal but it was always quality over quantity this summer-that was the mandate and I feel as if we have achieved that so far.

The Charlton game was a shock to the system but with injuries and the dreaded bug going around the place can be explained at least to a certain degree. I am going to go into Saturday as positive as I can and hope that we can upset the apple cart and just try and enjoy as much of the season as I can-otherwise whats the point?

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024