Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Any Simpsons fanatics on here? 12:53 - Oct 11 with 13752 viewsSwailsey

Just curious, as it's recently come back into my life in a big way.

I've got a new found appreciation for it in my late 20's, helped a lot by these guys:

http://www.fourfingerdiscount.com.au
[Post edited 11 Oct 2017 12:55]

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 17:30 - Oct 11 with 3699 viewsbluewein

"Welcome friend, I'm number 6."

"I'm number 15. What number are you?"

"I am not a number! I am a man! And don't you eve... oh wait, I'm number 5. Haha. In your face, number 6!"

Poll: What should you have your gammon with...?

Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 18:40 - Oct 11 with 3674 viewsRobTheMonk

Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 16:44 - Oct 11 by NoCanariesAllowed

Big Simpsons fan here too, although I must admit that I have rather lost track of it since about Season 13 or 14. Like a lot of others, I think it hit its peak between Seasons 3 and 10. Although part of me thinks it really is time they end it to avoid spoiling its legacy, I find it hard to imagine a world without it given it has been around all my life - the Tracey Ullman shorts began the year before I was born.

Also very fond of Futurama, which of course is another Matt Groening project, and another show I'd recommend for Simpsons fans is The Critic, which revolves around Jay Sherman (the character who judges the Springfield Film Festival in Simpsons series 6). a lot of the team behind The Simpsons got involved in this show back in the early 90s and it has a familiar sense of humour. Sadly it was cancelled after two series and I don't think it ever made it this side of the Atlantic, but it is on Youtube.

Oh man, that reminds me of the episode of Futurama with Fry's dog. For what was a comedy cartoon, that hit me hard.

I used to love the Simpsons. Episodes that spring(field) to mind are when Homer becomes a Beer Baron, Stonecutters, Flanders Left Handed shop (lol) and of course Hank Scorpio. Barely watch it now. Would quite like to revisit some of the old stuff.
Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 22:34 - Oct 11 with 3626 viewsJosebadleg

'I will send you to heaven before, I will send you to hell'
Cape Fear and the Hank Scorpio episodes remain my favourite two animated episodes of all time, haven't seen many episodes past season 14
[Post edited 11 Oct 2017 22:36]

They say I have a short attenti.........
Poll: What are you looking for in the new manager

on 07:50 - Oct 12 with 3593 views_

on 08:14 - Oct 12 with 3586 views_

Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 22:34 - Oct 11 by Josebadleg

'I will send you to heaven before, I will send you to hell'
Cape Fear and the Hank Scorpio episodes remain my favourite two animated episodes of all time, haven't seen many episodes past season 14
[Post edited 11 Oct 2017 22:36]

Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 09:04 - Oct 12 with 3571 viewsitfcinwales

Its definitly lost its appeal now - first 10 seasons are brilliant but i struggle to find a truly laugh out loud episode past then.

I think one of the main troublew with it now that they've made Homer too stupid. Yes he wasn't the smartest guy before now but now its just ridiculoius and too slapstick to be funny for me.
on 09:07 - Oct 12 with 3566 views_

Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 09:04 - Oct 12 by itfcinwales

Its definitly lost its appeal now - first 10 seasons are brilliant but i struggle to find a truly laugh out loud episode past then.

I think one of the main troublew with it now that they've made Homer too stupid. Yes he wasn't the smartest guy before now but now its just ridiculoius and too slapstick to be funny for me.

Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 10:06 - Oct 12 with 3545 viewsbluewein

on 08:14 - Oct 12 by _

Me and my best mate do the same whenever possible. Could tell you pretty much every word from season 3 onward.

God, we're cool...

Login to get fewer ads

on 12:58 - Oct 12 with 3509 views_

Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 10:06 - Oct 12 by bluewein

Me and my best mate do the same whenever possible. Could tell you pretty much every word from season 3 onward.

God, we're cool...

Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 13:01 - Oct 12 with 3503 viewsitfcjoe

on 12:58 - Oct 12 by _

Am I so out of touch? No, it's the children who are wrong

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 13:03 - Oct 12 with 3501 viewsGlasgowBlue

I have all 29 seasons on the cloud so my kids can watch them on their ipads. They never tire of it.

I still dip into the new stuff when I can and Christmas isn't Christmas unless we watch a few Christmas episodes back to back.

Iron Lion Zion
Poll: What will be announced first?
Blog: [Blog] For the Sake of My Football Club, Please Go

Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 13:24 - Oct 12 with 3480 viewsJoey_Joe_Joe_Junior

ARGH you posted this and now last night I realized I have every episode on FX on Demand, you owe my free time an apology
Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 13:24 - Oct 12 with 3480 viewsbluewein

Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 13:01 - Oct 12 by itfcjoe

Am I so out of touch? No, it's the children who are wrong

Hi Principle Skinner. Hi Super Nintendo Chalmers..

Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 13:39 - Oct 12 with 3465 viewsFenboyBlue

I wouldn't say I'm a fanatic, but I've watched all of them once. For me, I think it peaked when the Simpson Movie came out, whatever series that was. I still think the series has 1 or 2 brilliant episodes per season, usually the Treehouse one is great. I don't think there'll ever finish it but maybe they should only do 10 episodes a year rather than 22 ? More episodes based on the supporting characters would prolong it. I saw a great one the other day based around Smithers, Moe & Skinner.
Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 13:40 - Oct 12 with 3459 viewsFrimleyBlue

You sunk my battle ship

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 14:08 - Oct 12 with 3436 viewsSwailsey

Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 13:03 - Oct 12 by GlasgowBlue

I have all 29 seasons on the cloud so my kids can watch them on their ipads. They never tire of it.

I still dip into the new stuff when I can and Christmas isn't Christmas unless we watch a few Christmas episodes back to back.

Lovely stuff!

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Any Simpsons fanatics on here? on 14:50 - Oct 12 with 3410 viewsFrimleyBlue

must admit, back when i went to chantry, i was a simpson fanatic. I remember class mates testing me with all forms of questions and without hesitation had all the answers.

Sad to say though.......... If my son has it on the TV now, I can't stomach it.

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024