Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide 18:30 - Dec 11 with 14010 viewsBlueinBrum

I'm as bored of Brexit as anyone but I'm going to keep sharing this sort of stuff because i think it's vitally important that we keep talking about the dangers and implications of Brexit for the country.

I found a good comment beneath the following article which concisely sums up my fears for the UK economy as a result of Brexit. https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2017/dec/11/brexit-city-of-london-jobs-ey-d

"Seeing banking jobs and manufacturing jobs relocate to rEU is only the start of it. What will kill the UK is the loss of tax revenue and foreign exchange earnings that will occur as a result of the relocation to Ireland and the Continent of financial services, as well as car making, aerospace, pharmaceuticals (all areas in which the UK excels — don’t believe the pundits who say “we don’t make anything anymore”. It is not true). No Government of any party will be politically able to make spending cuts or tax rises of the magnitude necessary to balance the books, so they will borrow and print money. This relies as Mark Carney once said on the kindness of strangers who will only lend for so long as they believe in the viability of the UK economy. Once investors see the economy fail, as exports tumble while imports continue to rise and the ability to earn vital foreign exchange declines, they will either stop lending altogether or demand extortionate interest rates which will only make the situation worse. An old fashioned Sterling crisis will follow.
How will the UK Government respond? Expect another IMF bailout, just like the 1970s. Expect also exchange controls to come back, preventing UK nationals for taking their money abroad, and expect new rules on pensions requiring significant proportions of savings to be “invested” with the UK Government in the form of bonds. Needless to say this will sold to the public as reducing “risk” to them from volatile investments, but the interest rates will be very unfavourable as they always are for any compulsory investments. Ultimately expect these loans to the Government to be turned into life time annuities so hard earned savings never have to be paid back at all. Anyone arguing against all this will be deemed "unpatriotic".
Expect benefits to be cut. The poor will suffer as they always do, but the middle classes used to a lifestyle of foreign holidays and German cars will be hardest hit of all. Read up about Britain in the 1970s, or Argentina 20 years ago, where living standards fell by half, people, were not able to access their bank accounts and US Dollar accounts were compulsory changed to worthless Pesos. The state will always survive, and they will happily destroy their people to protect the state. The current disregard for the interests of the economy by the current crop of politicians just goes to prove my point."
Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 00:26 - Dec 12 with 4339 viewseireblue

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 22:37 - Dec 11 by BanksterDebtSlave

GREECE
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-15643454
ITALY
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monti_Cabinet

.......the 'old boys' network......all in plain view !
[Post edited 11 Dec 2017 22:38]

Taking that Monti as an example didn't he resign?

Typically people that want to take over the world, don't usually resign and, well Italy keeps changing prime minister every couple of years.

It doesn't seem to be a very good old boys network.
Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 00:27 - Dec 12 with 4333 viewseireblue

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 22:55 - Dec 11 by caught-in-limbo

Nothing malign about an exceedingly rich family which has made its vast fortunes from oil and banking "working against the best interests of the United States"?

OK.

So there is an interesting point.

How do you prevent a bigger bully taking over the playground?
Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 06:46 - Dec 12 with 4289 viewsNo9

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 18:40 - Dec 11 by blue_oyster

As nobody actually knows what ‘Brexit’ means, it seems unlikely that these firms will have made plans for something that is not defined.

Some firms have already commenced their preparations fro the UK not being in the EU.
Maybe you just don't understand or maybe it's because you still haven't noticed Lidl is german.
Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 06:53 - Dec 12 with 4286 viewsNo9

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 20:58 - Dec 11 by caught-in-limbo

He won't have to. The Europe of the future will a bunch of federalised states and decisions of a TTIP nature will be made at EU level by unelected former Goldman Sachs employees. The UK, although "outside" the EU will be bound to EU law anyway.

#RuleBritannia

In the EU, TTIP was very much opposed by the people & to all intents it has been defeated.

In the UK Mr Cameron didn't tell the people he had signed up to TTIP & most people still don't know what TTIPis.
However, if you watch what Liam Fox is doing the UK will get TTIP whether it wants it or not. The public will not be told what he is signing up to.

Laim Fox cancelled British equipment to buy American it is just a matter of time before he makes it clear, the UK should become annexed to the USA
Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 10:36 - Dec 12 with 4255 viewslowhouseblue

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 22:55 - Dec 11 by caught-in-limbo

Nothing malign about an exceedingly rich family which has made its vast fortunes from oil and banking "working against the best interests of the United States"?

OK.

"working against the best interests of the United States"

come on, your reading skills are better than that. look again at the quote you posted and see how those words are actually used. you can't just randomly pick words out of quotes and documents and give them your own meaning.

Eisenhower is saying that we must guard against the influence of powerful forces, not that those forces are in control. politicians often warn against things - it isn't proof that those things have happened.

your 'evidence' in this thread hasn't even made it to your usual level of hearsay
[Post edited 12 Dec 2017 10:46]

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 13:35 - Dec 12 with 4200 viewsunbelievablue

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 21:55 - Dec 11 by caught-in-limbo

The Brexit referendum was just a polarising distraction for the people. The result was always going to be the same: a significant step towards a United States of Europe with an EU army, EU police, EU laws and an EU treasury. This entity will do the bidding of the world's bankers. It doesn't matter if we move closer to the US or closer to the EU, the result is the same in the end, the sovereign state's day is numbered and we move towards a world government.

Anybody pointing this out over the last 5 years has been branded "conspiracy theorist" by clever people like you who watch the BBC and read the Guardian.

"World Order" - Henry Kissinger

"Henry Kissinger offers in World Order a deep meditation on the roots of international harmony and global disorder. Drawing on his experience as one of the foremost statesmen of the modern era–advising presidents, traveling the world, observing and shaping the central foreign policy events of recent decades–Kissinger now reveals his analysis of the ultimate challenge for the twenty-first century: how to build a shared international order in a world of divergent historical perspectives, violent conflict, proliferating technology, and ideological extremism."
source: https://www.amazon.com/World-Order-Henry-Kissinger/dp/0143127713/ref=sr_1_1?ie=U

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Trial-Henry-Kissinger-Christopher-Hitchens/dp/145552297

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 14:39 - Dec 12 with 4174 viewscaught-in-limbo

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 10:36 - Dec 12 by lowhouseblue

"working against the best interests of the United States"

come on, your reading skills are better than that. look again at the quote you posted and see how those words are actually used. you can't just randomly pick words out of quotes and documents and give them your own meaning.

Eisenhower is saying that we must guard against the influence of powerful forces, not that those forces are in control. politicians often warn against things - it isn't proof that those things have happened.

your 'evidence' in this thread hasn't even made it to your usual level of hearsay
[Post edited 12 Dec 2017 10:46]

I'm afraid you're going to have to help me with what Rockefeller meant when he said "working against the best interests of the United States".

Secondly, I never said that there was a military industrial complex in Eisenhower's day, it's clear that we was warning of what could be in the future. I posted the video to highlight that what he was warning about was not in the best interests of the United States, which is where we are today. The Rockefellers' oil and banking interests have contributed to that position and that is why David Rockefeller probably used the words "working against the best interests of the United States" in the article I linked.

So pretty much the usual obfuscation, misinterpretation and mis representation from you.

Keep up the good work.

#toxic
Poll: BREXIT - Hard, soft, phantom ...

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 14:43 - Dec 12 with 4169 viewscaught-in-limbo

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 13:35 - Dec 12 by unbelievablue

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Trial-Henry-Kissinger-Christopher-Hitchens/dp/145552297

Sounds lovely doesn't he? I'm sure there's at least one poster to this thread who's a fan of his though.

#toxic

Login to get fewer ads

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 14:52 - Dec 12 with 4155 viewslowhouseblue

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 14:39 - Dec 12 by caught-in-limbo

I'm afraid you're going to have to help me with what Rockefeller meant when he said "working against the best interests of the United States".

Secondly, I never said that there was a military industrial complex in Eisenhower's day, it's clear that we was warning of what could be in the future. I posted the video to highlight that what he was warning about was not in the best interests of the United States, which is where we are today. The Rockefellers' oil and banking interests have contributed to that position and that is why David Rockefeller probably used the words "working against the best interests of the United States" in the article I linked.

So pretty much the usual obfuscation, misinterpretation and mis representation from you.

Keep up the good work.

he is using contrast and parody - his admission that he is "conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure" is his ironic way of dismissing the claim that he is "working against the best interests of the united states". it is a humourous way of dismissing nonsense. you are clearly literate and i can't believe that you're so obtuse as not to see that.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 15:04 - Dec 12 with 4147 viewscaught-in-limbo

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 14:52 - Dec 12 by lowhouseblue

he is using contrast and parody - his admission that he is "conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure" is his ironic way of dismissing the claim that he is "working against the best interests of the united states". it is a humourous way of dismissing nonsense. you are clearly literate and i can't believe that you're so obtuse as not to see that.

You'd be great as a judge. The accused could break down and confess all and you'd acquit him on the basis of his playful parody.

#toxic

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 17:27 - Dec 12 with 4123 viewsflimflam

I guess you like to receive then

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 17:29 - Dec 12 with 4119 viewsFreddies_Ears

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 18:40 - Dec 11 by blue_oyster

As nobody actually knows what ‘Brexit’ means, it seems unlikely that these firms will have made plans for something that is not defined.

All exporting firms have made contingency plans, to be triggered as soon as they know how their businesses will be impacted, or as soon as they see an impact (which could be sooner). For many, they will move production intended for EU markets to within the EU, to avoid tariffs and ports chaos.
Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 17:33 - Dec 12 with 4112 viewslowhouseblue

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 15:04 - Dec 12 by caught-in-limbo

You'd be great as a judge. The accused could break down and confess all and you'd acquit him on the basis of his playful parody.

so, would you consider this to be an admission of guilt?:

"people say i'm a thief, i've stolen the moral high ground, i'll admit to that."

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 18:26 - Dec 12 with 4093 viewsblue_oyster

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 17:29 - Dec 12 by Freddies_Ears

All exporting firms have made contingency plans, to be triggered as soon as they know how their businesses will be impacted, or as soon as they see an impact (which could be sooner). For many, they will move production intended for EU markets to within the EU, to avoid tariffs and ports chaos.

Contingency plans for what? That’s the question.

Conventional wisdom is the enemy of thought.
Poll: Who is the most hated contributor to this site?

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 18:32 - Dec 12 with 4092 viewscaught-in-limbo

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 17:33 - Dec 12 by lowhouseblue

so, would you consider this to be an admission of guilt?:

"people say i'm a thief, i've stolen the moral high ground, i'll admit to that."

He admits doing what he's accused of doing but feels no remorse. But you know all this, because it's blatantly clear.

#toxic

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 18:45 - Dec 12 with 4080 viewslowhouseblue

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 18:32 - Dec 12 by caught-in-limbo

He admits doing what he's accused of doing but feels no remorse. But you know all this, because it's blatantly clear.

oh dear.

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 18:52 - Dec 12 with 4079 viewsairliner

Bored of remained like yourself thinking that the Eu is the best thing since sliced bread.
Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 18:53 - Dec 12 with 4079 viewsairliner

OK.

You are just a trouble maker nothing more by sharing this stuff
Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 19:44 - Dec 12 with 4064 viewsFreddies_Ears

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 18:26 - Dec 12 by blue_oyster

To relocate part or all of their business out of UK in the event that tariff- or non-tariff barriers impact their ability to do some or all of their business, or impact the profitability of doing it.

Includes banks and insurers, including much of the London international insurance market, as well as exporting manufacturers.
Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 02:04 - Dec 13 with 4033 viewseireblue

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 18:26 - Dec 12 by blue_oyster

Fairly easy calculation.

Uncertainty vs certainty+additional cost.

The company I work for has already changed its European growth strategy.

Do you work for a company that has projections of revenue/profit/growth from customers in the EU?
Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 07:24 - Dec 13 with 3997 viewsblue_oyster

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 02:04 - Dec 13 by eireblue

Fairly easy calculation.

Uncertainty vs certainty+additional cost.

The company I work for has already changed its European growth strategy.

Do you work for a company that has projections of revenue/profit/growth from customers in the EU?

Remind me how much ‘uncertainty’ is again?

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 08:31 - Dec 13 with 3990 viewsHerbivore

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 21:55 - Dec 11 by caught-in-limbo

The Brexit referendum was just a polarising distraction for the people. The result was always going to be the same: a significant step towards a United States of Europe with an EU army, EU police, EU laws and an EU treasury. This entity will do the bidding of the world's bankers. It doesn't matter if we move closer to the US or closer to the EU, the result is the same in the end, the sovereign state's day is numbered and we move towards a world government.

Anybody pointing this out over the last 5 years has been branded "conspiracy theorist" by clever people like you who watch the BBC and read the Guardian.

"World Order" - Henry Kissinger

"Henry Kissinger offers in World Order a deep meditation on the roots of international harmony and global disorder. Drawing on his experience as one of the foremost statesmen of the modern era–advising presidents, traveling the world, observing and shaping the central foreign policy events of recent decades–Kissinger now reveals his analysis of the ultimate challenge for the twenty-first century: how to build a shared international order in a world of divergent historical perspectives, violent conflict, proliferating technology, and ideological extremism."
source: https://www.amazon.com/World-Order-Henry-Kissinger/dp/0143127713/ref=sr_1_1?ie=U

Good, when the revolution comes it'll be global in nature and we'll have the necessary international structures in place to make it a success.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 10:21 - Dec 13 with 3975 viewseireblue

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 07:24 - Dec 13 by blue_oyster

Sorry did I miss an answer to my question?

We can get to yours once we have established if you are speaking from experience and practical knowledge that is helpful, or just making statements based ignorance and media coverage that you agree with.
Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 10:28 - Dec 13 with 3960 viewsblue_oyster

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 10:21 - Dec 13 by eireblue

Sorry did I miss an answer to my question?

We can get to yours once we have established if you are speaking from experience and practical knowledge that is helpful, or just making statements based ignorance and media coverage that you agree with.

You mean you just want to have a competition on perceived ‘experience’ instead of argueing a point using plain facts and logic. My original question, if you are interested, remains: how can you plan for something that does not yet exist?

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 10:29 - Dec 13 with 3957 viewsNo9

Just to cheer everyone up - Brexit economic suicide on 07:24 - Dec 13 by blue_oyster

Uncertainty in this case is easy in two parts:-

1/ How much did Mr Cameron agree to give to the EU in the last budgetary agreement?
2/ How much did Mr Cameron beg for his vanity projects that will now have to be re-paid?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024