Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town 18:39 - Dec 21 with 14674 viewscarlisleaway

I will start off by..... Wilnis away to Coventry on Sky. Naylor diving header at Walsall
Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 19:57 - Dec 21 with 3143 viewsBinner

Simon Milton in about 118th minute against Norwich in Mickey Mouse (Simod?) Cup...

edit: It was semi-final (I think...)
[Post edited 21 Dec 2017 20:10]

Poll: Last game of the season. You need to win. Would you rather be...

Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 19:59 - Dec 21 with 3137 viewsPJH

Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 19:43 - Dec 21 by gtsb1966

Mick Mills last minute winner v Liverpool. 76 or 77 in the cup I think. I was there on my milk crate.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2017 19:44]

It was 1975.

I will go with Dougie Moran at home to Wolves at the end of March 1962.

In recent times it has to be Chaplow at Watford.

edit-Spence this season at Millwall was good too.
[Post edited 21 Dec 2017 20:00]
Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 20:07 - Dec 21 with 3116 viewsgtsb1966

Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 19:57 - Dec 21 by Binner

Simon Milton in about 118th minute against Norwich in Mickey Mouse (Simod?) Cup...

edit: It was semi-final (I think...)
[Post edited 21 Dec 2017 20:10]

I remember that. We had a crowd of about 18,000 that night which isn't bad for a shoite cup. I was a Westander in those days.
Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 20:08 - Dec 21 with 3112 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 19:39 - Dec 21 by GeoffSentence

It wasn't a winner, and ended up technically not being last minute, but Magilton's 90th minute equaliser in the play off semis must be worth an honourable mention/

It was!

Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town by C_HealyIsAPleasure 21 Dec 2017 19:02
Bowyer at West Ham

Also not winners, but tip of the hat to both Magilton and Dyer vs Bolton in the playoffs, even if the latter was ultimately meaningless

EDIT: how the hell do you embed posts these days???
[Post edited 21 Dec 2017 20:09]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 20:09 - Dec 21 with 3112 viewsSteve_M

Reuser on debut against Fulham in addition to those already mentioned.

Also Spence at Millwall this season.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 20:09 - Dec 21 with 3107 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 19:43 - Dec 21 by gtsb1966

Mick Mills last minute winner v Liverpool. 76 or 77 in the cup I think. I was there on my milk crate.

Bryan Hamilton v Aston Villa FA Cup 5th round. 1975.
2 0 down against a Villa side who where a division 3 side at the time, packed PR, David Johnson & Hamilton got the score back to 2 2, Hamilton got the winner with a few minutes left. Absolute scenes.
Got us through to the famous 4 match 6th round tie against dirty Leeds. Really thought our name was on the cup that year. Clive Thomas had other ideas though.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 20:38 - Dec 21 with 3079 viewsGuthrum

Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 18:55 - Dec 21 by SitfcB

Chopra:

Bolton
Watford
Coventry

Coventry in the snow!

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 20:39 - Dec 21 with 3082 viewsWickhamsLeftBoot

Darren Bent lobbing John Filan to send us top in the 2004/05 season.

Remember it being unbelievably cold and fog rolled in just before kick off.

Perfect Christmas present.
Login to get fewer ads

Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 20:40 - Dec 21 with 3076 viewsSitfcB

Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 19:09 - Dec 21 by gainsboroughblue

2 down at half time. Down to ten. Town storm back to equalise at 2 each. Then we scramble an injury time winner to what can only be described as scenes.

Dale Roberts had died in the days leading up to it. The most emotional I've been at a game ever.

Ah yes, it was the Counago bit that confused me!

COYB
Poll: What will today’s 10 pager be
Blog: [Blog] One Year On

Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 20:42 - Dec 21 with 3070 viewsSitfcB

Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 20:39 - Dec 21 by WickhamsLeftBoot

Darren Bent lobbing John Filan to send us top in the 2004/05 season.

Remember it being unbelievably cold and fog rolled in just before kick off.

Perfect Christmas present.

Town 2-1 Wigan 21st Dec 2004 23:31
An 89th minute Darren Bent goal gave the Blues a dramatic victory over Wigan and took them ahead of the Latics at the top of the league. After a goalless first half, a stupendous Leighton Baines 40-yarder put the visitors ahead but Richard Naylor and Bent gave the Blues the win they deserved. 0

That was OTD!

What a night and what a Christmas that was, top of the tree.

COYB

Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 20:43 - Dec 21 with 3070 viewsclive_baker

Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 19:39 - Dec 21 by GeoffSentence

It wasn't a winner, and ended up technically not being last minute, but Magilton's 90th minute equaliser in the play off semis must be worth an honourable mention/

That was absolutely ridiculous. Then the celebration, lying down in a starfish position with Holland and some random fan on top of him. Such a buzz.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 20:43 - Dec 21 with 3068 viewsSitfcB

Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 20:38 - Dec 21 by Guthrum

Coventry in the snow!

Yep, fantastic!

COYB

Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 20:46 - Dec 21 with 3063 viewsLord_Lucan

B@gger.

Was just going to post that myself. I think it might have been 75 perhaps as I don’t think I had moved up this way then but went with my Uncle and cousins who had emigrated up here the year before.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 20:52 - Dec 21 with 3053 viewsLuk38644

Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 19:02 - Dec 21 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Bowyer at West Ham

Also not winners, but tip of the hat to both Magilton and Dyer vs Bolton in the playoffs, even if the latter was ultimately meaningless

Absolute cracker that was. First and last game I saw at Upton Park. We played brilliantly under Jewell that evening, amazing how our performances fluctuated so much. Bullard ran the show.

Remember ending us 4 rows away from my mates when Bowyer scored. Only goals at Norwich away games have topped how mental I went.
Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 20:54 - Dec 21 with 3048 viewsgainsboroughblue

Alan Sunderland off his groin at Old Trafford in May '84. This went a long way to securing survival in Division One. We'd grabbed a draw at Anfield a couple of weeks before courtesy of a Gatesy brace.

Poll: Favourite Norwich Relegation?

Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 20:56 - Dec 21 with 3045 viewsPJH

Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 20:46 - Dec 21 by Lord_Lucan

B@gger.

Was just going to post that myself. I think it might have been 75 perhaps as I don’t think I had moved up this way then but went with my Uncle and cousins who had emigrated up here the year before.

It was 1975.

Nearly 35000 in the ground, we got 38000 for Leeds two rounds later.
Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 20:57 - Dec 21 with 3042 viewsSuttonColdfieldBlue

Kuqi away at Palace in 2003. One of my favourite Ipswich games.
Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 21:11 - Dec 21 with 3032 viewsblueislander

Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 20:57 - Dec 21 by SuttonColdfieldBlue

Kuqi away at Palace in 2003. One of my favourite Ipswich games.

There are loads mentioned here which are very worthy. For purely personal reasons because it was the first Town match that I attended withmy elder son, who was about 7 at the time, was Mich D'Avray scoring the winner in the last minute at the Goldstone cerca 1983.
Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 21:17 - Dec 21 with 3019 viewsLord_Lucan

Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 20:56 - Dec 21 by PJH

It was 1975.

Funnily enough I went to that game as well but was in the Leeds section with another uncle - I had lots of uncles at the time.

On a serious not though, said uncle turned into a Man U fan when Leeds went south. I’m gonna text him now to see if he is a City fan yet.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 21:23 - Dec 21 with 3015 viewsblueislander

Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 20:56 - Dec 21 by PJH

It was 1975.

I sat in the Director's Box for the Villa Game. They were in 2nd Division at the time , and brought over 10,000 fans.
Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 21:25 - Dec 21 with 3010 viewsIllinoisblue

Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 20:09 - Dec 21 by Steve_M

Reuser on debut against Fulham in addition to those already mentioned.

Also Spence at Millwall this season.

good call on Reuser's goal; not one of his spectacular efforts but important nonetheless. North Stand end and prodded it past their keeper at the death. Super duper Martjin.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 21:32 - Dec 21 with 3008 viewsLord_Lucan

Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 21:25 - Dec 21 by Illinoisblue

good call on Reuser's goal; not one of his spectacular efforts but important nonetheless. North Stand end and prodded it past their keeper at the death. Super duper Martjin.

I never tire of telling this.

I went down to PR practice pitch where we trained at the time just to see this new Man. I was intrigued because I love our Dutch connection and I am 97.5% Dutch.

Anyhoo, after 30 mins I walked away with few things ringing in my ear - and in no particular order.

This man is a class above
We are going up
The other players feel a bit inadequate and have the hump
I want to suck this mans cock.

Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 21:35 - Dec 21 with 2999 viewsgtsb1966

Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 21:23 - Dec 21 by blueislander

I sat in the Director's Box for the Villa Game. They were in 2nd Division at the time , and brought over 10,000 fans.

After that game we were going back to the car, four adults and me the nine year old, when we were set upon by loads of Villa. One of them spotted me and immediately shouted " leave it lads there's a kid here" and they all disappeared. I remember it well. We were parked up the side of the three jolly sailors.
Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 21:48 - Dec 21 with 2983 viewsLord_Lucan

Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 21:35 - Dec 21 by gtsb1966

After that game we were going back to the car, four adults and me the nine year old, when we were set upon by loads of Villa. One of them spotted me and immediately shouted " leave it lads there's a kid here" and they all disappeared. I remember it well. We were parked up the side of the three jolly sailors.

Brummies are ok.

After the Liverpool game we were pushed around a bit by scousers and my slightly older 12 year old female cousin got her rubette style ipswich hat lifted. My uncle went to get it back and got laid out.

Salt of the earth and so witty.

Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 21:56 - Dec 21 with 2972 viewsIllinoisblue

Cast your mind back time, give us your best memories of late winners for Town on 21:32 - Dec 21 by Lord_Lucan

I never tire of telling this.

I went down to PR practice pitch where we trained at the time just to see this new Man. I was intrigued because I love our Dutch connection and I am 97.5% Dutch.

Anyhoo, after 30 mins I walked away with few things ringing in my ear - and in no particular order.

This man is a class above
We are going up
The other players feel a bit inadequate and have the hump
I want to suck this mans cock.

agree on the love for our Dutch connection - that's something we need to rekindle. Resuer had that swagger and confidence. Celina has a touch of that too.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024