Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stroud trying to hobble us 2 games running 21:07 - Jan 2 with 11175 viewsMullet

Spence's probably was a red by the letter, but surely so was Kamara's which he was retaliating to?

Also why did he let Kamara return with paper in his mouth? Blood is a no no surely?

Kebano then goes through the back of CC and he misses that too....
[Post edited 2 Jan 2018 21:09]

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Stroud trying to hobble us 2 games running on 21:11 - Jan 2 with 5664 viewsHerbivore

Stroud was utterly useless against Wednesday, still don't know how the officials missed the assault on Didz. Not seen tonight's incidents so can't comment but it's not a surprise if he's ballsed up.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Stroud trying to hobble us 2 games running on 21:13 - Jan 2 with 5624 viewsMullet

Stroud trying to hobble us 2 games running on 21:11 - Jan 2 by Herbivore

Stroud was utterly useless against Wednesday, still don't know how the officials missed the assault on Didz. Not seen tonight's incidents so can't comment but it's not a surprise if he's ballsed up.

He may also write it up as violent conduct given it was off the ball so potential for 3 matches for Spence I think.

He's so far missed the ball going out, given a corner when no one touched it and now this lot.

Genuinely unbelievable.

Stroud trying to hobble us 2 games running on 21:15 - Jan 2 with 5586 viewsMullet

Stroud trying to hobble us 2 games running on 21:17 - Jan 2 with 5518 viewshomer_123

Stroud trying to hobble us 2 games running on 21:15 - Jan 2 by Mullet

Oh bollox.

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Stroud trying to hobble us 2 games running on 21:18 - Jan 2 with 5503 viewsStokieBlue

You don't think that's a red?

The ball was miles gone and it basically ran in as hard as he could smashed him. We would all want that given the other way around. Looks like he even tried to knee him in the stomach for good measure.

SB
[Post edited 2 Jan 2018 21:19]

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Stroud trying to hobble us 2 games running on 21:22 - Jan 2 with 5418 viewsHerbivore

Hmmm. Very foolish from Spence but is it really violent conduct? One of those that you'd see the ref give a yellow more often than not. Did we get a free kick for the initial challenge?

Stroud trying to hobble us 2 games running on 21:23 - Jan 2 with 5388 viewsStokieBlue

Stroud trying to hobble us 2 games running on 21:22 - Jan 2 by Herbivore

Hmmm. Very foolish from Spence but is it really violent conduct? One of those that you'd see the ref give a yellow more often than not. Did we get a free kick for the initial challenge?

I want Ipswich to keep everyone on the pitch as much as the next person but you honestly don't think it's a red?

It's a totally ridiculous challenge.

SB

Stroud trying to hobble us 2 games running on 21:23 - Jan 2 with 5387 viewspeterleeblue

I just made the same point in the Chatroom but there is loads of bed wetting going so got ignored!!

Stroud completely shafted us in the Wednesday game.
Login to get fewer ads

Stroud trying to hobble us 2 games running on 21:24 - Jan 2 with 5381 viewsLankHenners

Stroud trying to hobble us 2 games running on 21:18 - Jan 2 by StokieBlue

The ball was miles gone and it basically ran in as hard as he could smashed him. We would all want that given the other way around. Looks like he even tried to knee him in the stomach for good measure.

SB

He's charged into him unnecessarily (and late) but wouldn't say he's gone in with the intent to hurt him there. The challenge on Sears beforehand should've been a free kick and yellow in any case. Stroud's reffed the entire game poorly - given bizarre decisions and missed who had the last touch before ball went out on several occasions for both teams.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Stroud trying to hobble us 2 games running on 21:49 - Jan 2 with 5292 viewsHerbivore

Stroud trying to hobble us 2 games running on 21:23 - Jan 2 by StokieBlue

I want Ipswich to keep everyone on the pitch as much as the next person but you honestly don't think it's a red?

It's a totally ridiculous challenge.

SB

It was stupid but you don't get a red card for stupidity. I don't think it's violent conduct, I'd have been surprised to seen an opposition player dismissed for that. Spence shouldn't have given him the opportunity though.

Stroud trying to hobble us 2 games running on 21:50 - Jan 2 with 5273 viewshomer_123

Stroud trying to hobble us 2 games running on 21:22 - Jan 2 by Herbivore

Why would we get a foul? Simply a strong shoulder to shoulder challenge on Sears.

Stroud trying to hobble us 2 games running on 21:52 - Jan 2 with 5249 viewsMullet

Stroud trying to hobble us 2 games running on 21:18 - Jan 2 by StokieBlue

SB

Which bit of "probably a red" and then finding video of it says I don't think it was one?

I'm more annoyed that Kamara's got away with it, scored two goals and Stroud has completely lost control of the match again.

He's missed several key incidents, allowed Connolly to be fouled out of the game, and made some bloody terrible basic decisions again. He's simply not up to it.

I suspect right now Spence is having his eardrums turned inside out - he's let his whole team down, but we got very little our way again tonight out Stroud. Our players should have known you don't give him a decision to make, because he's fcuking hopeless.

Stroud trying to hobble us 2 games running on 21:56 - Jan 2 with 5165 viewssparks

Stroud trying to hobble us 2 games running on 21:50 - Jan 2 by homer_123

Why would we get a foul? Simply a strong shoulder to shoulder challenge on Sears.

Inclined to agree. Possibly a foul, but he really just was agressive and got in ahead of Sears. Certainly not a yellow, even if a foul.

The Spence retaliation was probably a red- and at best a yellow with a "last chance" warning. The fact that it was obviously reckless retaliation and off the ball counts heavily against Spence.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Stroud trying to hobble us 2 games running on 21:57 - Jan 2 with 5154 viewscbower

Have only seen the bits on Sky so can't comment on ref overall. However, Spence was an ar$e and should be fined a week's wages. For at least two of the goals all i could see was Iorfa 20 yards behind the play galloping back as they attacked down his flank. With ten men and 1-0 up and 25 to go, do we really need him to be pushing up the field? He really is pi$$ poor and we will probably have to have him in there for the next three games at least. Bring Emmanuel back and cut Iorfa's loan. He can't defend at all. Gutted about tonight. Spence should apologise to the 2000 fans there. It's indefensible.

bluescouser

Stroud trying to hobble us 2 games running on 21:57 - Jan 2 with 5145 viewsHerbivore

Stroud trying to hobble us 2 games running on 21:50 - Jan 2 by homer_123

You're kidding?

Stroud trying to hobble us 2 games running on 21:58 - Jan 2 with 5114 viewsStokieBlue

Stroud trying to hobble us 2 games running on 21:49 - Jan 2 by Herbivore

It was stupid but you don't get a red card for stupidity. I don't think it's violent conduct, I'd have been surprised to seen an opposition player dismissed for that. Spence shouldn't have given him the opportunity though.

I honestly don't think I am seeing what you are seeing.

He runs in late, barges him then raises his knee to try and get him harder and higher. It's a totally clear red. I would expect an opposition player to have been dismissed every time for that challenge.

Watch the end of the challenge with the knee - what is he doing there? It's a foreign movement in the challenge.

SB

Stroud trying to hobble us 2 games running on 21:59 - Jan 2 with 5103 viewssundaze

Stroud trying to hobble us 2 games running on 21:52 - Jan 2 by Mullet

Which bit of "probably a red" and then finding video of it says I don't think it was one?

I'm more annoyed that Kamara's got away with it, scored two goals and Stroud has completely lost control of the match again.

He's missed several key incidents, allowed Connolly to be fouled out of the game, and made some bloody terrible basic decisions again. He's simply not up to it.

I suspect right now Spence is having his eardrums turned inside out - he's let his whole team down, but we got very little our way again tonight out Stroud. Our players should have known you don't give him a decision to make, because he's fcuking hopeless.

To be fair, any ref would have made the same decision, he had to go. After that you can't blame the ref for any of those daft goals we gave away, just awful defending and lack of leadership at the heart of defence.
Stroud trying to hobble us 2 games running on 21:59 - Jan 2 with 5089 viewsHoppersblue10

Spence was ared all day long, did Kamara not pick up a yellow for that challange then, as that was a yellow at least.!

Poll: Who do you want to win on Sunday?

Stroud trying to hobble us 2 games running on 21:59 - Jan 2 with 5082 viewsStokieBlue

Guess I think it's a certain red rather than probably but fair point.

Also agree on Stroud - he's useless.

SB

Stroud trying to hobble us 2 games running on 22:00 - Jan 2 with 5075 viewshomer_123

Stroud trying to hobble us 2 games running on 21:57 - Jan 2 by Herbivore

You're kidding?

Shoulder to shoulder, what's the problem? Sears is lightweight.

Strong but fair IMO and certain,y didn't warrant Spence doing what he did.

Stroud trying to hobble us 2 games running on 22:01 - Jan 2 with 5031 viewsStokieBlue

Stroud trying to hobble us 2 games running on 21:24 - Jan 2 by LankHenners

He's charged into him unnecessarily (and late) but wouldn't say he's gone in with the intent to hurt him there. The challenge on Sears beforehand should've been a free kick and yellow in any case. Stroud's reffed the entire game poorly - given bizarre decisions and missed who had the last touch before ball went out on several occasions for both teams.

What difference does the challenge before make? I agree that was a foul and yellow but it has no bearing at all on the Spence decision.

SB

Stroud trying to hobble us 2 games running on 22:02 - Jan 2 with 5002 viewsjas0999

Probably a red card?!
Stroud trying to hobble us 2 games running on 22:02 - Jan 2 with 4997 viewsHoppersblue10

Stroud trying to hobble us 2 games running on 22:00 - Jan 2 by homer_123

Shoulder to shoulder, what's the problem? Sears is lightweight.

Strong but fair IMO and certain,y didn't warrant Spence doing what he did.

Sorry but that might have been a decent challange back in the 70s but Kamara went in wrecklessly, it does not have to be a challange with your feet to be awreckless challange.!

Poll: Who do you want to win on Sunday?

Stroud trying to hobble us 2 games running on 22:02 - Jan 2 with 4986 viewsWicklowBlue

Stroud trying to hobble us 2 games running on 21:57 - Jan 2 by Herbivore

You're kidding?

Honestly from the angle above I would have expected 2 yellows and a free kick for town. Think Spencer decided to take the law into his own hands and lost the plot.

It was so late it risked a red but saw worse tackles in the city v spurs game which went unpunished. Can't excuse Spencer tho....

The bigger question is conceding 4 in 7 mins? That's a joke...concede one with 10 men and batten down the hatches.
Stroud trying to hobble us 2 games running on 22:02 - Jan 2 with 4982 viewsHerbivore

Stroud trying to hobble us 2 games running on 21:58 - Jan 2 by StokieBlue

I honestly don't think I am seeing what you are seeing.

He runs in late, barges him then raises his knee to try and get him harder and higher. It's a totally clear red. I would expect an opposition player to have been dismissed every time for that challenge.

Watch the end of the challenge with the knee - what is he doing there? It's a foreign movement in the challenge.

SB

It was stupid for sure. Was it violent conduct? I'm not totally convinced. Certainly less clear than the one he didn't give for the assault on Didz the other week.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024