Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. 21:02 - Jan 13 with 49202 viewsartsbossbeard

..there's always a decent atmosphere.

What I don't understand is their reliance on coach travel. A simple train journey to London, a couple of beers around the station then back up to the 1970's would be a better option, surely?

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 08:02 - Jan 15 with 5407 viewsnoggin

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 23:06 - Jan 14 by mos

Slagged off your away support for lobbing things at us. Seems fair enough, no?

Storm in a teacup apparently. Leeds fans are allowed to rip out seats and throw them because they are a massive club.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 08:04 - Jan 15 with 5405 viewsThe_Romford_Blue

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 22:51 - Jan 14 by Verloc

Answering comments from the likes of you. Don't talk to me then. Off you go.

You do realise that this is a forum for ipswich fans don’t you?

Edit - If you are going to stick around, let’s at least hear your views on the red card? For me, I thought it was the right decision and hopefully your lad gets a few games ban for that. Also thought that your centre back was superb (Jansson) but let himself down with his intended stamp on Garner. No doubt if you went down to 9 men, even more sh1t would’ve been lobbed from your fans.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2018 8:07]

Poll: Would you take a draw tonight if offered right now?

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 08:08 - Jan 15 with 5392 viewsBanksterDebtSlave

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 08:04 - Jan 15 by The_Romford_Blue

Edit - If you are going to stick around, let’s at least hear your views on the red card? For me, I thought it was the right decision and hopefully your lad gets a few games ban for that. Also thought that your centre back was superb (Jansson) but let himself down with his intended stamp on Garner. No doubt if you went down to 9 men, even more sh1t would’ve been lobbed from your fans.

Are you trying to tempt him back for more Rommers?

"They break our legs and tell us to be grateful when they offer us crutches."
Poll: If he goes will he still be Super?

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 10:35 - Jan 15 with 5349 viewsVerloc

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 23:06 - Jan 14 by mos

Slagged off your away support for lobbing things at us. Seems fair enough, no?

No. Look at the beginning of the thread. A gibe about us being "quiet" if we are losing. That's what I initially responded to.
Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 10:35 - Jan 15 with 5349 viewsBlueNomad

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 22:21 - Jan 13 by Verloc

You generally bring fewer than 1,000. We'd have brought 5,6,7,000 easily if you'd given us the tickets.

I got on the train from Peterborough and it had loads of Leeds fans, the majority of whom did not have Yorkshire accents. I spoke to one following the game after I got off the train at Elmswell - "Suffolk born and bred. You (Ipswich) were lucky. We (Leeds) should have won"

The bottom line is that many people "support" Leeds because they were big in the 70's (horrible team) and the early 90's (spent money like it was going out of fashion) - the same sort of thing as many Man Utd "fans.". Leeds are no longer massive, even if they are still popular. Perhaps it can go on the Leeds honours board - "2018: 3,500 to the defeat at Ipswich."
Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 10:43 - Jan 15 with 5334 viewsVerloc

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 08:04 - Jan 15 by The_Romford_Blue

Solely for Ipswich fans? If so, I shouldn't haven't been allowed to register and continue posting. I haven't hidden who I support. Other posters have said they enjoy opposition posters coming onto this board, so it seems clear I'm not the first. It was a deserved red card. I saw it from a different camera angle yesterday, and it was worse than the initial camera angle had suggested.
Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 10:47 - Jan 15 with 5319 viewsVerloc

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 10:35 - Jan 15 by BlueNomad

I got on the train from Peterborough and it had loads of Leeds fans, the majority of whom did not have Yorkshire accents. I spoke to one following the game after I got off the train at Elmswell - "Suffolk born and bred. You (Ipswich) were lucky. We (Leeds) should have won"

The bottom line is that many people "support" Leeds because they were big in the 70's (horrible team) and the early 90's (spent money like it was going out of fashion) - the same sort of thing as many Man Utd "fans.". Leeds are no longer massive, even if they are still popular. Perhaps it can go on the Leeds honours board - "2018: 3,500 to the defeat at Ipswich."

I know all this. Waste of time you typing it really. But glad you got it all off your chest. Hope you feel better for it.
Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 10:49 - Jan 15 with 5315 viewsunbelievablue

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 22:21 - Jan 13 by Verloc

You generally bring fewer than 1,000. We'd have brought 5,6,7,000 easily if you'd given us the tickets.

Yes, Leeds is a huge club. Everyone knows that. Next?

Le meilleur des mondes possibles
Poll: When booking a reservation at a restaurant/bar, do you give...

Login to get fewer ads

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 10:58 - Jan 15 with 5297 viewsVerloc

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 10:49 - Jan 15 by unbelievablue

Not all of your fellow Ipswich posters apparently. You did notice that that comment was met with a "Lol"?
Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 10:58 - Jan 15 with 5297 viewsnoggin

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 10:49 - Jan 15 by unbelievablue

Not as huge as Man Utd though. Not sure what fan numbers has to do with anything but apparently it matters to Leeds.

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 11:01 - Jan 15 with 5289 viewsVerloc

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 10:58 - Jan 15 by noggin

Not as huge as Man Utd though. Not sure what fan numbers has to do with anything but apparently it matters to Leeds.

I think you need to go back to the beginning of this thread. If folk criticise our away support (as Ipswich fans, of all people, were doing) I will defend it.
Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 11:04 - Jan 15 with 5279 viewsnoggin

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 11:01 - Jan 15 by Verloc

I think you need to go back to the beginning of this thread. If folk criticise our away support (as Ipswich fans, of all people, were doing) I will defend it.

Weren't they criticising the morons who were throwing stuff at pensioners and kids? Something you suggested was a storm in a teacup.

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 11:04 - Jan 15 with 5275 viewsPJH

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 11:01 - Jan 15 by Verloc

You can correctly defend the Leeds support for the numbers that travel but not for how they behave when they arrive.
Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 11:13 - Jan 15 with 5256 viewsVerloc

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 11:04 - Jan 15 by noggin

Weren't they criticising the morons who were throwing stuff at pensioners and kids? Something you suggested was a storm in a teacup.

No. I responded to a poster who said we went quiet if we were losing. I did not suggest it was a storm in a teacup. I said other Ipswich posters on this forum had stated it was a storm in a teacup. You need to learn to read more carefully.
Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 11:15 - Jan 15 with 5252 viewsVerloc

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 11:04 - Jan 15 by PJH

You can correctly defend the Leeds support for the numbers that travel but not for how they behave when they arrive.

I think you'll find that's exactly what I've been doing. I'm glad the penny has finally dropped with someone.
Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 11:41 - Jan 15 with 5225 viewsPJH

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 11:15 - Jan 15 by Verloc

I think you'll find that's exactly what I've been doing. I'm glad the penny has finally dropped with someone.

It did not need to drop with me because Leeds have got fantastic away support,numbers wise-I do not see how anyone can dispute that fact.

I could also wade in in defence of the Don Revie teams if the discussions continue about them.
Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 11:51 - Jan 15 with 5210 viewsVerloc

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 11:41 - Jan 15 by PJH

It did not need to drop with me because Leeds have got fantastic away support,numbers wise-I do not see how anyone can dispute that fact.

I could also wade in in defence of the Don Revie teams if the discussions continue about them.

I lose track of which Ipswich supporter has said this or that (I'm sure you can appreciate that). But I've just gone back and checked and your comments on this thread have been fair and sensible.
Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 11:52 - Jan 15 with 5208 viewsPJH

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 11:51 - Jan 15 by Verloc

I lose track of which Ipswich supporter has said this or that (I'm sure you can appreciate that). But I've just gone back and checked and your comments on this thread have been fair and sensible.

My comments on every thread are fair and sensible.
Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 11:58 - Jan 15 with 5200 viewsVerloc

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 11:52 - Jan 15 by PJH

My comments on every thread are fair and sensible.

I'll take your word it. That's the sort of reasonable, trusting person I am. Until or unless someone gives me reason to think otherwise. Enjoy the rest of your day. And the rest of Ipswich's season.
Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 12:14 - Jan 15 with 5179 viewsnoggin

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 11:13 - Jan 15 by Verloc

No. I responded to a poster who said we went quiet if we were losing. I did not suggest it was a storm in a teacup. I said other Ipswich posters on this forum had stated it was a storm in a teacup. You need to learn to read more carefully.

The majority of fans are quieter when the team is losing by 2, don't take it so personally. But you are bringing numbers into this which is pretty meaningless.

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 12:33 - Jan 15 with 5157 viewsVerloc

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 12:14 - Jan 15 by noggin

The majority of fans are quieter when the team is losing by 2, don't take it so personally. But you are bringing numbers into this which is pretty meaningless.

I know. But Leeds fans are far less guilty of this than most. So why did the poster make the gibe? Greater numbers means greater noise. It's not meaningless. Most of the other posters on this forum have praised Leeds supporters for the atmosphere they bring to Portman Road.
Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 12:46 - Jan 15 with 5129 viewsnoggin

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 12:33 - Jan 15 by Verloc

I know. But Leeds fans are far less guilty of this than most. So why did the poster make the gibe? Greater numbers means greater noise. It's not meaningless. Most of the other posters on this forum have praised Leeds supporters for the atmosphere they bring to Portman Road.

But numbers is nothing to brag about. A very large city, with only one club, is highly likely to have big numbers, hence my comparison between Leeds and Manchester. What does it really matter?

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 12:52 - Jan 15 with 5116 viewsm14_blue

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 12:33 - Jan 15 by Verloc

You've got really unnecessarily spiky over a throw away remark which seemed to me to be more referencing our good recent record vs you at PR.

I don't think anyone would really deny that Leeds travel in great numbers and are very vocal.

They do have a disproportionate (albeit still relatively small) number of idiots that travel with them though.

Good luck for the rest of the season, I suspect you'll finish above us but maybe just outside the top 6.
Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 13:07 - Jan 15 with 5097 viewsVerloc

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 12:46 - Jan 15 by noggin

But numbers is nothing to brag about. A very large city, with only one club, is highly likely to have big numbers, hence my comparison between Leeds and Manchester. What does it really matter?

This thread began as a thread about away support. An Ipswich supporter making a gibe about our away support. The numbers that support us away from home are large as a proportion of our home support. As is the noise they make. Rest assured the numbers would be far larger if home clubs like yours would give us more tickets. I know this because whenever we are given large numbers, we sell them. Ipswich away support is poor. In terms of numbers and noise made. Perhaps if Ipswich supporter(s) didn't make gibes, this whole thread could have been avoided.
Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 13:16 - Jan 15 with 5085 viewsTonyj

Say what you like about the champions of Europe but.. on 13:07 - Jan 15 by Verloc

This thread began as a thread about away support. An Ipswich supporter making a gibe about our away support. The numbers that support us away from home are large as a proportion of our home support. As is the noise they make. Rest assured the numbers would be far larger if home clubs like yours would give us more tickets. I know this because whenever we are given large numbers, we sell them. Ipswich away support is poor. In terms of numbers and noise made. Perhaps if Ipswich supporter(s) didn't make gibes, this whole thread could have been avoided.

I'm sure everyone's learnt your lesson now: no gibes at leeds or you gets days of Verloc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024