Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Fulham & Leeds after McGoldrick??? 08:59 - Jan 18 with 3382 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/01/17/leeds-united-and-fulham-in-running-to-sign-

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Fulham & Leeds after McGoldrick??? on 09:36 - Jan 18 with 3275 viewsJimmyJazz

Thing is, what has McGoldrick done this season? He's played a fair few games given his injury record. Has he stood out as our match winner? I don't recall that happening this season

If anything he disrupts our balance when fit as McCarthy tries to get him in the first XI somewhere

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

Fulham & Leeds after McGoldrick??? on 09:38 - Jan 18 with 3265 viewsITFC_Forever

Fulham & Leeds after McGoldrick??? on 09:36 - Jan 18 by JimmyJazz

Thing is, what has McGoldrick done this season? He's played a fair few games given his injury record. Has he stood out as our match winner? I don't recall that happening this season

If anything he disrupts our balance when fit as McCarthy tries to get him in the first XI somewhere

8 goals in 21 games when not playing as an out and out striker not good enough for you?

And he was playing pretty well before Loovens' attempted castration of him.

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Fulham & Leeds after McGoldrick??? on 09:43 - Jan 18 with 3240 viewschicoazul

Scored 8 goals and got 3 assists in 21 appearances after coming back from longterm injury.

I do take your point about shoe horning him in though but for me he should be first name on the team sheet each week.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Fulham & Leeds after McGoldrick??? on 09:50 - Jan 18 with 3213 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Agree, actually think we look a better balanced team with out him these days and his selfishness really annoys me some games, there will often be a better pass on but he will greedily just shoot or try and run it round another player and then end up losing it.

Not saying he isnt technically very gifted but do think that maybe its time to let him go and look to the future. I believe he is now one of the highest earners at the club so the money saved would be fairly substantial too. Doubt we would get much of a transfer fee this window though, £250k maybe if we are lucky???

Poll: Will the new season ticket prices make you renew for the 2017/2018 season?

Fulham & Leeds after McGoldrick??? on 09:58 - Jan 18 with 3178 viewsKing_of_Portman_Rd

Classic case of being the best of a bad bunch with us in the past few seasons. We've been so starved of excitement that just some simple touches from McG and he is heralded as a greater player than he actually is.

That said when he's hot, he's bloody scorching and worth the entry fee alone, but a little too hot and cold and his best days are likely behind him. I'll be sad to see him go, but we would move on and find another way of playing where we don't rely on him so heavily (much like we have started to develop this season)
Fulham & Leeds after McGoldrick??? on 10:15 - Jan 18 with 3112 viewshampstead_blue

He is a player who would thrive at our level in a team which passed rather than hoofed the ball.

I'd love to see what a 'footballing' coach would do with our squad. I think MM's put together a really good squad, he just isn't the man to coach them.

DM will probably go and why not if he can into a team more suitable for his skills.

Assumption is to make an ass out of you and me. Those who assume they know you, when they don't are just guessing. Those who assume and insist they know are daft and in denial. Those who assume, insist, and deny the truth are plain stupid. Those who assume, insist, deny the truth and tell YOU they know you (when they don't) have an IQ in the range of 35-49.
Poll: Best Blackpool goal

Fulham & Leeds after McGoldrick??? on 10:45 - Jan 18 with 3042 viewsNeverTellMeTheOdds

Fulham & Leeds after McGoldrick??? on 10:15 - Jan 18 by hampstead_blue

He is a player who would thrive at our level in a team which passed rather than hoofed the ball.

I'd love to see what a 'footballing' coach would do with our squad. I think MM's put together a really good squad, he just isn't the man to coach them.

DM will probably go and why not if he can into a team more suitable for his skills.

Would have said a few seasons ago that Didz was the man to build the team around as he seemed to be a cut above everyone else but injuries etc have pretty much paid to that and he is looking less and less interested by the game at the min.

I dont blame McGoldrick if he does leave this month though as I am sure he is keen to get his long term future sorted out ASAP and whilst there is uncertainty surrounding Mick and whether a new manager would potentially even want him, maybe he thinks he owes it to himself to pursue a new deal else where.

As you said, a new footballing coach that would put the emphasis on a passing game would breath such fresh life into a well assembled squad and the likes of Dozzell, Nydam, Huws, Webster etc would really reap the benefits. Fingers crossed we get that kind of appointment in the summer.

Fulham & Leeds after McGoldrick??? on 10:50 - Jan 18 with 3015 viewsFtnfwest

'irishman' hoho
Login to get fewer ads

Fulham & Leeds after McGoldrick??? on 10:57 - Jan 18 with 2996 viewsmarcus1642

DM will be looking for his last big contract at his age, and whom would blame him?.

Leeds would suit him better than Fulham, and a bit nearer to his family whom moved back to the Midlands sometime ago I think.
Fulham & Leeds after McGoldrick??? on 11:03 - Jan 18 with 2965 viewsbraveblue

Honestly. You would think we were overflowing with taken. If he goes together with Bru and Smith just how many first team players will we have. Excluding the 5th tier French lad. Couple of panic loans of 32 year olds on 31 Jan I suspect.
Fulham & Leeds after McGoldrick??? on 11:09 - Jan 18 with 2949 viewsmarcus1642

Fulham & Leeds after McGoldrick??? on 11:03 - Jan 18 by braveblue

Honestly. You would think we were overflowing with taken. If he goes together with Bru and Smith just how many first team players will we have. Excluding the 5th tier French lad. Couple of panic loans of 32 year olds on 31 Jan I suspect.

Fair point. Unfit freebies for us then.
Fulham & Leeds after McGoldrick??? on 11:10 - Jan 18 with 2948 viewsJimmyJazz

Fulham & Leeds after McGoldrick??? on 11:03 - Jan 18 by braveblue

Clear the decks of players who have been here for quite a while, in time for a new manager. Smith and Bru are good squad players but probably not first XI when everyone is fit. McGoldrick is our top earner

I can think of games where Garner, Waghorn and Celina have made a sizeable contribution, if not won the game for us. But, although 8 goals is a good return, which games has McGoldrick (our best player) had such an influence this season?

Poll: If we could perm sign just one, which would it be?
Blog: Top Championship Teams?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024