Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Out of interest 11:17 - Feb 8 with 5719 viewsColchesterBlue1985

Everyone has said they want clarity to the McCarthy situation, what would people’s opinions be if it was announced in the next week that he has agreed a 2 year extension??
on 13:41 - Feb 8 with 1395 views_

Out of interest on 13:38 - Feb 8 by Currie10

Quite pleased.

He's done a good job this season - not his fault the injuries.

More luck with injuries / 3 or 4 others in - we'd certainly improve upon this seasons results again.

Out of interest on 17:24 - Feb 8 with 1349 viewsBlueBadger

Out of interest on 13:19 - Feb 8 by itfcjoe

I'd be really disappointed, even though I'm not particularly a Mick-Outer, it is clear to anyone that the club has gone stale and is losing fans and there is a breakdown between McCarthy and the fan base that is irreparable.

The easiest thing to do is to change the manager, for better or worse and if it doesn't happen before next season then you have to seriously question Evans' decision making. Fairly clear Mick doesn't want to be here next year anyway so it doesn't really matter

I said this last season as well, but we really do have the hallmarks of 'end days of Magilton' about us at the moment. something dies need to change to reinvigorate the club, be it a new manager or the own finally deciding he wants to really go for it.
I just hope we don't get 'reinvigorated' the same way as we did last time we were in this position.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Out of interest on 17:49 - Feb 8 with 1331 viewsjas0999

Disappointed. Threaten to cancel season ticket, before naturally renewing!
on 17:58 - Feb 8 with 1319 views_

Out of interest on 17:49 - Feb 8 by jas0999

Disappointed. Threaten to cancel season ticket, before naturally renewing!

Out of interest on 19:10 - Feb 8 with 1289 viewsCurrie10

on 13:41 - Feb 8 by _

I went lots 14/15 / 15/16 and the first part of 16/17 until moving to Aus.

Only been once since 2-1 win at Hillsborough 16/17, the 1-0 loss at Wolves this season.

Don't get me wrong, Mick's not perfect and there are numerous things about him I dislike.

However, this season mirrors 15/16 for me somewhat. 15/16 we had Bish / McGoldrick/Fraser repeatedly out which clearly cost us top 6. We were so close at the end and these three, our most creative players by a mile would have got us over the line if fit.

This season, we've had so many injuries the first half of the season, and now have Bish ( if we can even count him ) Huws / Dozzell out for the rest of it.

I actually think given our injury situation, our start was an absolute minor miracle that pushed up expectation.

Some people seem to think we should be challenging for play offs, playing better stuff. Lets just do a little basic maths -

Low budget to attract good players + a laughable amount of injuries = this?! REALLY!?!?!

Last season he must have thought Murphy was going to stay. Like or hate Mick, there's absolutely no way he'd have let us go into a season with -
* Best striker out
* McGoldrick made of glass

I KNOW - Leon Best on a free is going to work!?

I think he's a very smart manager at this level.

His use of one major loan star per season the last 3 years has been so ridiculously shrewd it's painful. IF certain players COULD stay fit it would help the style of play massively.

Roy Keane once said players wouldn't move to Ipswich.
Mick by contrasts spends peanuts on Garner and Waghorn.

Of course if someone I could see a reason to - say Daryl Clark arrived then I'd be happy and wish Mick well in his new role.

We'll see.

I think when we talk about Mick in 5-10 years after he's gone, the penny may drop with many. I think Evans will end up getting more of the brunt of what Mick has had to put up with for a long time now.
[Post edited 8 Feb 2018 19:11]
Without knowing what the alternative..... on 19:16 - Feb 8 with 1281 viewsBloots

....would have been, it would be difficult to make any real judgement.

Enduringly lovable, intelligent and thunderingly exquisite.

Out of interest on 20:55 - Feb 8 with 1253 viewstomo

I wouldn’t mind at all, I can’t see many doing a much better job given the constraints, I think he has done well all things considered. I’m not fussed with all the ‘Mick hates the fans stuff’, I honestly couldn’t care less if he hates me. A slight improvement in the football and some good youngsters coming through gives me hope.

On the other hand, a lot of our fans seem to really dislike MM so maybe a change would hopefully unite a divided fanbase. Evans may come up trumps and employ a genius who plays amazing football and get us promoted as champions, who knows? Problem is I just can’t see him
getting it right and it scares the proverbial out of me.

What will be, will be. A new manager or the old one will both have my backing.
[Post edited 9 Feb 2018 21:12]
Out of interest on 21:27 - Feb 8 with 1242 viewsbraveblue

Not a problem unless you like football and crowds of over 10k
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024