Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Scum Fan 10:55 - Feb 20 with 9891 viewsipswichben

Not a huge poster but have to share this story that has just happened at work...

I work in Saffron Walden and facilitated access to my brother's house for a local appliance company to install his new oven. They picked up the key no problem and just dropped it off. The engineer who dropped the key off said 'your brother is an Ipswich fan obviously' I confirmed this and that I too am an Ipswich fan. The engineer then said he must leave now as I could guess with that remark that he was a Norwich fan(scummer). As he left my office he couldn't help himself and said 'good game Sunday' to which I said it wasn't a great game to watch but fair result, he then finished off with 'Klose though, Klose for you guys, better luck in 9 years'.

Perhaps I am bitter/gutted but in a professional capacity I think this chap should just keep his mouth shut and get on with his day to day appliance fitting without stepping into my office and spouting his bullsh*t. Roles reversed I certainly wouldn't be making quips at work to someone I'd not met before and a customer.

Thanks for reading. (deep breath)
Scum Fan on 10:57 - Feb 20 with 7342 viewsSteve_M

Sounds like he got a bite then.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Scum Fan on 10:58 - Feb 20 with 7317 viewsCOYBitfc

I think you are being a tad over sensitive IMO...

Poll: Current/prospective ST holders, what scenario will you purchase for next season?

Scum Fan on 10:59 - Feb 20 with 7316 viewsnoggin

Should have shouted 'Feck off!' at him. It's quite acceptable in a professional capacity.

Poll: Which team thread should I participate in?

Scum Fan on 11:04 - Feb 20 with 7253 viewsipswichben

Scum Fan on 10:57 - Feb 20 by Steve_M

Sounds like he got a bite then.

A bite amongst Town fans I guess in this forum but not in front of my colleagues etc in the office.
Scum Fan on 11:09 - Feb 20 with 7207 viewsWestSussexBlue

Bless😂😂
Scum Fan on 11:09 - Feb 20 with 7207 viewsLord_Lucan

Go round your brothers house and write NCFC WERE HERE over his kitchen and act dumb.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Scum Fan on 11:11 - Feb 20 with 7185 viewsartsbossbeard

Scum Fan on 11:09 - Feb 20 by Lord_Lucan

Go round your brothers house and write NCFC WERE HERE over his kitchen and act dumb.

NCFC WHERE HEAR would make it more authentic.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Scum Fan on 11:26 - Feb 20 with 7086 viewshype313

Deary me, a bit of Hoppyesq friendly banter and you're blubbing.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Login to get fewer ads

Scum Fan on 11:38 - Feb 20 with 7014 viewsBluefish

It is a good try but You will have to work a bit harder to come across as more precious than those upset by micks naughty word

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

Scum Fan on 11:42 - Feb 20 with 6984 viewsHeathlander

I think you should report him to his bosses. That is unacceptable behaviour and brings his company into disrepute. Hemay even cause the share price to fall and lose a lot of people their livelihoods.

Do these people not think about the consequences before they act?

I'm outraged for you IpswichBen. I need a lie down.
Scum Fan on 11:43 - Feb 20 with 6961 viewsNorthstaNder

Cool story
Scum Fan on 11:44 - Feb 20 with 6953 viewsKitman

I've got a business contact based in Norwich and of course is of the yellow and green persuasion.. This one happens to be a very attractive young lady and always diplomatically plays down footy banter- not that it bothers me that much if she has the odd dig.. She was however, clearly kind of smug yesterday-not over the 9 years cr@p or anything on the lines of "we're better than you"etc but she and her ilk knew they got out of jail big time at the end. It was a moral victory for the Town (even if it felt like a loss on 95 minutes to us all)

The oven gadgie was a wally. Report him for being rude to clients to his boss..

Blog: [Blog] Interesting Start to the New Season

Scum Fan on 11:47 - Feb 20 with 6918 viewsipswichben

Scum Fan on 11:42 - Feb 20 by Heathlander

I think you should report him to his bosses. That is unacceptable behaviour and brings his company into disrepute. Hemay even cause the share price to fall and lose a lot of people their livelihoods.

Do these people not think about the consequences before they act?

I'm outraged for you IpswichBen. I need a lie down.

Outrage indeed Heathlander, good point made.
Scum Fan on 12:08 - Feb 20 with 6796 viewsglasso

Jesus.

What is it with modern day football fans? I've got a Norwich fan upstairs in our office and if we'd won I'd have given him no end of (friendly) stick. And if they'd won I'd have been expecting it all of yesterday.

It's football! When did people get so fecking sensitive?
Scum Fan on 12:21 - Feb 20 with 6732 viewsTJS

Sounds like someone who is pretty disillusioned with their job and doesn’t give a s*** about the professional image of their company if they think it’s OK to wind up customers over what team they support.
Scum Fan on 12:25 - Feb 20 with 6694 viewslowhouseblue

you need a safe space.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

Scum Fan on 12:28 - Feb 20 with 6676 viewsipswichben

Scum Fan on 12:08 - Feb 20 by glasso

Jesus.

What is it with modern day football fans? I've got a Norwich fan upstairs in our office and if we'd won I'd have given him no end of (friendly) stick. And if they'd won I'd have been expecting it all of yesterday.

It's football! When did people get so fecking sensitive?

Completely agree, if this was from a colleague in my office I'd expect all sorts of stick. Just unexpected when coming from an employee of a company we give business to and who I have never met/seen before. Just thought it was all a bit odd and unnecessary.
Scum Fan on 13:03 - Feb 20 with 6489 viewsAlabaster_Codify

Scum Fan on 12:28 - Feb 20 by ipswichben

Completely agree, if this was from a colleague in my office I'd expect all sorts of stick. Just unexpected when coming from an employee of a company we give business to and who I have never met/seen before. Just thought it was all a bit odd and unnecessary.

Footy fan gives another footy fan some banter. Shocking.

I'm also offended on your behalf

No thanks...I don't do the horse

Scum Fan on 13:05 - Feb 20 with 6469 viewsTJS

More importantly I can't really understand how you can safely install an oven with webbed hands.
How does he hold his left handed screwdriver ?
[Post edited 20 Feb 2018 13:08]
Scum Fan on 13:17 - Feb 20 with 6375 viewsBlue_Order

I can’t believe I read that whole thing.
Scum Fan on 13:33 - Feb 20 with 6284 viewsBLUEBEAT

I wish ipswichben was a huge poster

Poll: W or W

Scum Fan on 13:34 - Feb 20 with 6281 viewsJ2BLUE

Get a grip mate.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Scum Fan on 13:35 - Feb 20 with 6269 viewsBLUEBEAT

Scum Fan on 13:05 - Feb 20 by TJS

More importantly I can't really understand how you can safely install an oven with webbed hands.
How does he hold his left handed screwdriver ?
[Post edited 20 Feb 2018 13:08]

I was expecting the story to end with a massive sh!t being found in the oven.

Poll: W or W

Scum Fan on 13:51 - Feb 20 with 6162 viewsThisIsMyUsername

Cool story, mate. Who do you reckon they'll get to play you in the film?

Poll: Which of these events will happen the soonest?

Scum Fan on 14:21 - Feb 20 with 6040 viewsIllinoisblue

Scum Fan on 13:17 - Feb 20 by Blue_Order

I can’t believe I read that whole thing.

I was putting it off but then had to take a look to see what the fuss was about. I hope to god it's a budgie on a wind-up.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024