Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This spy business... 08:08 - Mar 16 with 36443 viewsuefacup81

What exactly is the evidence against Russia? Is there anything other than the fact that the nerve agent was made/developed in Russia?

If that's the sole piece of evidence, it seems like a bit of a stab in the dark to blame Russia. Unless Putin is being that spectacularly brazen, surely it's equally logical to suggest someone else has been behind this with an agenda of pinning it on Russia?

I know it's chalk and cheese, but you wouldn't blame Russia for a mass shooting solely because the gunman used an AK-47, no?

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

This spy business... on 08:19 - Mar 16 with 26836 viewsKeno

I think witnesses say they saw a suspicious character russian away afterwards

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

This spy business... on 08:21 - Mar 16 with 26829 viewsHerbivore

A nerve agent was used that was manufactured by Russia. The two options are that the Russians are directly behind it or they've allowed some rogue actor to get their hands on one of their nerve agents. Either way they are culpable, although I'd like to see us getting all this independently verified and getting the international community on board before we plunge ourselves into a new Cold War.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

This spy business... on 08:22 - Mar 16 with 26820 viewsgordon

This spy business... on 08:19 - Mar 16 by Keno

In my opinion it's a bit Volga to be making jokes about such a serious subject.
This spy business... on 08:25 - Mar 16 with 26804 viewsgordon

This spy business... on 08:21 - Mar 16 by Herbivore

A nerve agent was used that was manufactured by Russia. The two options are that the Russians are directly behind it or they've allowed some rogue actor to get their hands on one of their nerve agents. Either way they are culpable, although I'd like to see us getting all this independently verified and getting the international community on board before we plunge ourselves into a new Cold War.

Yeah, I'd take that with a pinch of salt until a sample is independently verified as being what we're saying it is.
This spy business... on 08:25 - Mar 16 with 26794 viewsKeno

This spy business... on 08:22 - Mar 16 by gordon

In my opinion it's a bit Volga to be making jokes about such a serious subject.

Id love to stop and discuss this but I Moscow out in a minute

This spy business... on 08:28 - Mar 16 with 26787 viewsgordon

This spy business... on 08:25 - Mar 16 by Keno

Id love to stop and discuss this but I Moscow out in a minute

Soviet.
This spy business... on 08:28 - Mar 16 with 26789 viewsblueislander

The fact that the victim is considered to be a traitor by the Russian government may have some relevance.
This spy business... on 08:32 - Mar 16 with 26773 viewsBloomBlue

This spy business... on 08:25 - Mar 16 by gordon

Yeah, I'd take that with a pinch of salt until a sample is independently verified as being what we're saying it is.

I agree never trust a British expert. I'm the same when Doctors moan about the NHS is failing because of lack of money I don't trust them we a need international independent proof
Login to get fewer ads

This spy business... on 08:32 - Mar 16 with 26769 viewsPinewoodblue

There are a lot of people fearful for their own lives because of this. There are less conspicuous ways of bumping people of without the finger bring pointed at Russia.

Russia are clearly culpable we should however invite other countries to verify the source of the nerve agent.

2023 year of destiny
Poll: Dickhead "Noun" a stupid, irritating, or ridiculous man.

This spy business... on 08:32 - Mar 16 with 26768 viewsHerbivore

This spy business... on 08:25 - Mar 16 by gordon

Well quite. It's interesting that the government has managed to unequivocally pinpoint blame for an (as yet) non-fatal incident involving someone politically sensitive and yet we're 9 months on from Grenfell, where 71 people lost their lives, and they've only just established that the doors weren't as fire resistant as they should have been. No culpability has been determined whatsoever. I guess some lives are more valuable than others.

This spy business... on 08:37 - Mar 16 with 26743 viewsuncle

This spy business... on 08:28 - Mar 16 by gordon

Soviet.

I've had to Gogol some of these puns
This spy business... on 08:40 - Mar 16 with 26716 viewsgordon

This spy business... on 08:37 - Mar 16 by uncle

I've had to Gogol some of these puns

We are Karpin on a bit.
This spy business... on 08:41 - Mar 16 with 26718 viewsBloomBlue

This spy business... on 08:32 - Mar 16 by Herbivore

Well quite. It's interesting that the government has managed to unequivocally pinpoint blame for an (as yet) non-fatal incident involving someone politically sensitive and yet we're 9 months on from Grenfell, where 71 people lost their lives, and they've only just established that the doors weren't as fire resistant as they should have been. No culpability has been determined whatsoever. I guess some lives are more valuable than others.

But Corbyn and McDonnell were happy to blame lack of spending within a few hours of it without the evdience but won't blame Russia until they have the evidence.
This spy business... on 08:52 - Mar 16 with 26694 viewsfactual_blue

This spy business... on 08:19 - Mar 16 by Keno

They knew he was Russian because of the snow on his boots.

(WW1 newspaper hysteria joke).

Ta neige, Acadie, fait des larmes au soleil
Poll: Do you grind your gears
Blog: [Blog] The Shape We're In

This spy business... on 08:54 - Mar 16 with 26685 viewsKeno

This spy business... on 08:40 - Mar 16 by gordon

We are Karpin on a bit.

I was wondering what you will Putin this thread next

This spy business... on 08:56 - Mar 16 with 26685 viewsHerbivore

This spy business... on 08:41 - Mar 16 by BloomBlue

But Corbyn and McDonnell were happy to blame lack of spending within a few hours of it without the evdience but won't blame Russia until they have the evidence.

Except that it was known very quickly that cheap cladding with poor fire resistance had been used on the tower instead of better quality, more fire resistant cladding. Corbyn has also said that the evidence points towards it being Russia. You might want to fact check your own posts in future, if you want to sound clever it's a good idea to at least be right.

This spy business... on 09:05 - Mar 16 with 26666 viewslowhouseblue

This spy business... on 08:56 - Mar 16 by Herbivore

Except that it was known very quickly that cheap cladding with poor fire resistance had been used on the tower instead of better quality, more fire resistant cladding. Corbyn has also said that the evidence points towards it being Russia. You might want to fact check your own posts in future, if you want to sound clever it's a good idea to at least be right.

"Except that it was known very quickly that cheap cladding with poor fire resistance had been used on the tower instead of better quality, more fire resistant cladding."

i don't think it has been proven that 'cheapness' or cost cutting was really the issue. the materials used were believed to meet the fire standards and the saving in cost was in ant case minimal. the real issue seems to be that the fire testing of materials was utterly inadequate, but we'll see what the inquiry finds.

And so as the loose-bowelled pigeon of time swoops low over the unsuspecting tourist of destiny, and the flatulent skunk of fate wanders into the air-conditioning system of eternity, I notice it's the end of the show

This spy business... on 09:28 - Mar 16 with 26608 viewsuncle

This spy business... on 08:54 - Mar 16 by Keno

Top Marx for that
This spy business... on 09:29 - Mar 16 with 26607 viewsgordon

This spy business... on 08:54 - Mar 16 by Keno

I ought to be working really, I'm just Stalin here.
This spy business... on 09:32 - Mar 16 with 26600 viewsgordon

This spy business... on 09:28 - Mar 16 by uncle

Top Marx for that

Ivan II see some evidence!
This spy business... on 09:36 - Mar 16 with 26595 viewsfactual_blue

This spy business... on 08:41 - Mar 16 by BloomBlue

It's because MI6 hasn't been nationalised. That's why Mr Corbyn takes what they say with a pinch of salt.

This spy business... on 09:39 - Mar 16 with 26579 viewsKeno

This spy business... on 09:29 - Mar 16 by gordon

I ought to be working really, I'm just Stalin here.

Ive been working hard here my wrist is setting to ache and I am worried I'll suffer from andropov

This spy business... on 09:42 - Mar 16 with 26569 viewsBloomBlue

This spy business... on 08:56 - Mar 16 by Herbivore

That's wasn't proved for days it was a theory but Corbyn and McDonnell were claiming it was the cause within
This spy business... on 09:44 - Mar 16 with 26566 viewsHerbivore

This spy business... on 09:42 - Mar 16 by BloomBlue

That's wasn't proved for days it was a theory but Corbyn and McDonnell were claiming it was the cause within

Within what? And can you provide some evidence? From memory their immediate response was to praise the emergency services and stress the need to support victims, in Corbyn's case actually visiting the victims on the ground (unlike May).

This spy business... on 09:55 - Mar 16 with 26554 viewsfactual_blue

This spy business... on 09:44 - Mar 16 by Herbivore

Within what? And can you provide some evidence? From memory their immediate response was to praise the emergency services and stress the need to support victims, in Corbyn's case actually visiting the victims on the ground (unlike May).

I wouldn't pay any attention to the views of somebody who is concerned MI6 might be nationalised.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024