Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bloody hell Kuqi what have you done! 11:26 - Apr 12 with 4715 viewsDanFord

Most people were laughing at Kuqi being in the running and I said that his record perhaps wasn't that bad but having read his interview I have totally fallen for the guy with my man crush fully reinstated. If what he says about the jobs he did is correct then his management record actually looks very impressive and he has pretty much said everything I would want to hear an incoming manager say about the playing style, youth integration, fitness, organisation. Flaming heck, he's gone from about 10th on my list to the top. Perhaps he isn't the most qualified manager in the running but caring about the club so much can cover 20% of so that might be missing from other areas. You also can't underestimate how much being in a dream job can have on you (Chris Wilder is an example even if he'd had success elsewhere). Kuqi wouldn't be using us as a stepping stone but building something we could all get behind that could eventually go places. He comes across as absolutely perfect for this job in every aspect apart from the lack of experience, but then again Hurst, Cowley, Clarke, Adams, Ross, Jones are all inexperienced at this level too. It is only Mowbray and Warburton out of any experienced at this level that I'd even consider touching.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Bloody hell Kuqi what have you done! on 11:28 - Apr 12 with 4670 viewsITFC_Forever

He would say that......the rest of his interview is based on the fact he once played for us and loves the club.

Don't mean to be harsh, but there's more criteria to tick than that.....

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

Bloody hell Kuqi what have you done! on 11:32 - Apr 12 with 4642 viewsDanFord

Bloody hell Kuqi what have you done! on 11:28 - Apr 12 by ITFC_Forever

He would say that......the rest of his interview is based on the fact he once played for us and loves the club.

Look at what Eddie Howe did before the Bournemouth job and what Dyche had done before the Watford job. Two of the best young managers in the game, punching well above their weight in the Premier League. There are more failures than successes (Bryan Gunn) in this respect but look at the success those clubs had taking a risk on an appointment like this. Look at Neil Harris as well! Evans won't go for it, but you never know he could turn out to be a stroke of genius.

Poll: Would you be willing to consider a new club crest?

Bloody hell Kuqi what have you done! on 11:46 - Apr 12 with 4523 viewsBrianTablet

Indeed.

I wonder what the statistics are for the amount of experienced managers that once didn't have any experience?

I imagine it's quite high...

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Bloody hell Kuqi what have you done! on 12:41 - Apr 12 with 4389 viewsJohnny_Boy

Bloody hell Kuqi what have you done! on 11:32 - Apr 12 by DanFord

Look at what Eddie Howe did before the Bournemouth job and what Dyche had done before the Watford job. Two of the best young managers in the game, punching well above their weight in the Premier League. There are more failures than successes (Bryan Gunn) in this respect but look at the success those clubs had taking a risk on an appointment like this. Look at Neil Harris as well! Evans won't go for it, but you never know he could turn out to be a stroke of genius.

But Dyche had a bit of experience under his belt though.
He was Watford U-18 manager for 2yrs, then became Malkay Mackay's assistant for another further 2yrs....before getting the 1st team gig @ Watford.

Playing Devils Advocate here, maybe Kuqi needs a bit longer learning in this division first. Course, I'd love to see him prove me wrong & hit the ground running.
Bloody hell Kuqi what have you done! on 12:55 - Apr 12 with 4345 viewsdirtyboy

What he has shown in abundance.....

Initiative....getting to games, showing his face, interview on largest forum of fans

Enthusiasm...saying the right things, getting fans on board very quickly.

Two important qualities.

ITFC job gets time, so that helps him out with his apparent lack of experience at this level, so as long as we're not miles adrift, rooted to the bottom, but signs are there, then he's got a chance.

His right hand man could be hugely important.

Would the current players buy into it? Maybe he's named Chambers as one of his requested 2? That would be very clever.
Bloody hell Kuqi what have you done! on 13:21 - Apr 12 with 4233 viewsJ2BLUE

I get the feeling ME will be very carefully looking at the fans' reaction to Kuqi.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Bloody hell Kuqi what have you done! on 13:25 - Apr 12 with 4205 viewsLord_Lucan

Bloody hell Kuqi what have you done! on 11:46 - Apr 12 by BrianTablet

Indeed.

I wonder what the statistics are for the amount of experienced managers that once didn't have any experience?

I imagine it's quite high...

Everyone has to start somewhere - even Bobby Robson.

The place is littered with experienced managers out of work - and there are reasons for this. We all have a sell by date.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Bloody hell Kuqi what have you done! on 15:39 - Apr 12 with 4045 viewsBrianTablet

Bloody hell Kuqi what have you done! on 13:25 - Apr 12 by Lord_Lucan

Everyone has to start somewhere - even Bobby Robson.

The place is littered with experienced managers out of work - and there are reasons for this. We all have a sell by date.

littered with *crap* experienced managers out of work

"......Paul Mariner......John Wark...... Brian Tablet...errrrrrr Talbot"
Poll: In a hellish scenario, would you rather...

Login to get fewer ads

Bloody hell Kuqi what have you done! on 16:36 - Apr 12 with 3964 viewsbournemouthblue

Bloody hell Kuqi what have you done! on 11:28 - Apr 12 by ITFC_Forever

The cynic in me thinks Kuqi has done the interview to try and light the fires among the fans which may in turn push him up the shortlist potentially

He himself will know he's not likely to be first choice but you do make your own luck don't you, it certainly won't harm his chances

Alcohol is the answer but I can't remember the question!
Poll: Rate this transfer window

Bloody hell Kuqi what have you done! on 17:02 - Apr 12 with 3916 viewshulltractor

I am in Kuqi camp for the following reasons...

1. Do we want one of the "Merry Go Managers" who doesn't give a flying **** about Ipswich Town. NO

2. All the other managers such as the lads at Lincoln do not have any track record to speak of apart from the lower leagues. They also may want the job but again have no real allegiance to Ipswich. Do we want them as manager.....Maybe, certainly more that we want choice NO.1

3. Do we want an ex-Ipswich player (Mini Legend) who like choice 2 above has no real experience apart from lower league football be it English or otherwise BUT .. Has a great love for the club and from the CV posted earlier on TWTD shows that he would at least go the extra mile when ever required to get the right results. He has had limited success and seems to have got the best from what ever squad he has inherited. For me that ticks all the boxes I require.

We are not going to get anyone such as Benitez @ Newcastle so Kuqi as an outside punt is worth a go for me. Nothing is guaranteed in football but he just might be the ticket to some entertainment @ PR and just maybe turn out to be a gem in the making.

I could be 100% wrong but it would certainly get me excited about my beloved club again.

#kuqiformanager
Bloody hell Kuqi what have you done! on 19:21 - Apr 12 with 3779 viewsEireannach_gorm

Bloody hell Kuqi what have you done! on 17:02 - Apr 12 by hulltractor

I am in Kuqi camp for the following reasons...

1. Do we want one of the "Merry Go Managers" who doesn't give a flying **** about Ipswich Town. NO

2. All the other managers such as the lads at Lincoln do not have any track record to speak of apart from the lower leagues. They also may want the job but again have no real allegiance to Ipswich. Do we want them as manager.....Maybe, certainly more that we want choice NO.1

3. Do we want an ex-Ipswich player (Mini Legend) who like choice 2 above has no real experience apart from lower league football be it English or otherwise BUT .. Has a great love for the club and from the CV posted earlier on TWTD shows that he would at least go the extra mile when ever required to get the right results. He has had limited success and seems to have got the best from what ever squad he has inherited. For me that ticks all the boxes I require.

We are not going to get anyone such as Benitez @ Newcastle so Kuqi as an outside punt is worth a go for me. Nothing is guaranteed in football but he just might be the ticket to some entertainment @ PR and just maybe turn out to be a gem in the making.

I could be 100% wrong but it would certainly get me excited about my beloved club again.

#kuqiformanager

I'm not entirely sure what a love of Ipswich brings to the managerial position. If anything I think it might hinder correct decision making ( head vs heart ). Much like the homegrown players being given more leeway ( He's one of our own) when decisions should be made in a purely footballing way.

Maybe he might do the business for us but the decision must be made logically. I suggest the experience with Jim should temper the Kuqi love in.

Touchline celebrations would be great though!

[Post edited 12 Apr 2018 23:53]
Bloody hell Kuqi what have you done! on 19:31 - Apr 12 with 3762 viewsMeltonBlue

Bloody hell Kuqi what have you done! on 19:21 - Apr 12 by Eireannach_gorm

I'm not entirely sure what a love of Ipswich brings to the managerial position. If anything I think it might hinder correct decision making ( head vs heart ). Much like the homegrown players being given more leeway ( He's one of our own) when decisions should be made in a purely footballing way.

Maybe he might do the business for us but the decision must be made logically. I suggest the experience with Jim should temper the Kuqi love in.

What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.

If a Kuqi, Mowbray or anyone can get us back to feeling like the great man's quote then it would be a success.

COME ON TOWN!
Bloody hell Kuqi what have you done! on 19:38 - Apr 12 with 3747 viewsEireannach_gorm

Bloody hell Kuqi what have you done! on 19:31 - Apr 12 by MeltonBlue

What is a club in any case? Not the buildings or the directors or the people who are paid to represent it. It’s not the television contracts, get-out clauses, marketing departments or executive boxes. It’s the noise, the passion, the feeling of belonging, the pride in your city. It’s a small boy clambering up stadium steps for the very first time, gripping his father’s hand, gawping at that hallowed stretch of turf beneath him and, without being able to do a thing about it, falling in love.

If a Kuqi, Mowbray or anyone can get us back to feeling like the great man's quote then it would be a success.

COME ON TOWN!

Unfortunately football has moved on and just changing the manager won't bring back the old days. We are owned by a businessman who runs the club like a business. It would be much better if it was the owner who had passion for the club.
Bloody hell Kuqi what have you done! on 22:46 - Apr 12 with 3557 viewsArnieM

Bloody hell Kuqi what have you done! on 16:36 - Apr 12 by bournemouthblue

The cynic in me thinks Kuqi has done the interview to try and light the fires among the fans which may in turn push him up the shortlist potentially

He himself will know he's not likely to be first choice but you do make your own luck don't you, it certainly won't harm his chances

I wouldn’t call tha cynical, I’d call that forward , clever thinking and showing an ability to COMMUNICATE with the fans . Precisely what no one,to date, in the last decade, has shown an ounce of !

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Bloody hell Kuqi what have you done! on 06:52 - Apr 13 with 3377 viewsbontcho

Bloody hell Kuqi what have you done! on 19:38 - Apr 12 by Eireannach_gorm

Unfortunately football has moved on and just changing the manager won't bring back the old days. We are owned by a businessman who runs the club like a business. It would be much better if it was the owner who had passion for the club.

I meant to up arrow this, but have fat thumbs.

Bulgarian penalty hero
Poll: Which Harrison should we sign?

Bloody hell Kuqi what have you done! on 07:27 - Apr 13 with 3341 viewstcblue

I'm aware how much we bang on about a Director of Football type role and am also aware it isn't the answer to all woes, however the key thing both Howe and Dyche have had in support of their roles is a football man in a role very similar to this.

We are very old fashioned and we have massive gaping continuity hole. For me, appointing the right person in a role like this to look after the longer term is as important as the head coach / manager controlling all.

Expecting someone like Kuqi to come in and control everything football related like Mick did is fair on nobody. And until we realise that, we are stuck in the status quo of appointing older, British managers.
Bloody hell Kuqi what have you done! on 07:58 - Apr 13 with 3286 viewstractorboy1978

Bloody hell Kuqi what have you done! on 19:21 - Apr 12 by Eireannach_gorm

I don’t understand the negativity towards the job Jim did. He inherited a fairly dire squad (through no fault of BFJ) and did almost all that we are asking for now. Decent football, feel good factor, wheeled and dealed well in the market, played academy players. When the money came in his head went a bit in the transfer market but he did a far better job for the club than the two managers that followed him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024