Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
If we end up with Shefki as manager........ 13:27 - Apr 12 with 3249 viewsitfcjoe

......either we've been rejected by our first choices or we've taken the cheap option.

His interview reads well, but it just doesn't do anything for me. There's enough good managers out there to not take such an unnecessary risk.

I want a manager with a body of good football behind them at a competitive level, and real evidence of integrating academy youngsters into a first team.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If we end up with Shefki as manager........ on 13:29 - Apr 12 with 3216 viewsJ2BLUE

If he was first choice he would be the manager now.

I strongly suspect we'll go for Mowbray, spend a few weeks chasing him but trying to negotiate the compensation down before giving up and giving it to Kuqi or Warburton. I know the compensation wouldn't be much but it would be typical Town.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

If we end up with Shefki as manager........ on 13:31 - Apr 12 with 3185 viewsdavblue

whilst i agree with that, there are examples of managers having a chance taken on them, and doing really well, i know the failures are higher but everyone needs a chance at some point in their career.

Im not saying we should appoint him, i think he needs a job here to really see what he's made of.
If we end up with Shefki as manager........ on 13:34 - Apr 12 with 3173 viewsBlueFin

He was a real mess as a manager here in Finland. Absolute disaster surrounded with arguments, touchline bans etc even his staff turned against him! Finnish Premier league is nowhere near championship football, so seems like a unfit choice as a manager
If we end up with Shefki as manager........ on 13:35 - Apr 12 with 3161 viewsitfcjoe

If we end up with Shefki as manager........ on 13:34 - Apr 12 by BlueFin

He was a real mess as a manager here in Finland. Absolute disaster surrounded with arguments, touchline bans etc even his staff turned against him! Finnish Premier league is nowhere near championship football, so seems like a unfit choice as a manager

I remember reading he'd been sent to the stands a few times

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

If we end up with Shefki as manager........ on 13:37 - Apr 12 with 3137 viewshype313

Lovely soundbites, but if people think the Cowleys are inexperienced and shouldn't be considered then we really shouldn't be looking at Shefki.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

If we end up with Shefki as manager........ on 13:38 - Apr 12 with 3128 viewsJohnny_Boy

If we end up with Shefki as manager........ on 13:29 - Apr 12 by J2BLUE

If he was first choice he would be the manager now.

I strongly suspect we'll go for Mowbray, spend a few weeks chasing him but trying to negotiate the compensation down before giving up and giving it to Kuqi or Warburton. I know the compensation wouldn't be much but it would be typical Town.

Did you read his interview? Mentioned in his application form he put down the names of who he wanted for his right hand coaches.

I took that to assume it was a wish list - rather than bringing in any of his previous back room staff.

Which leads me to think they will be ex ITFC trusted team-mates / associates. But the question is who?
If we end up with Shefki as manager........ on 13:41 - Apr 12 with 3107 viewsBlueFin

If we end up with Shefki as manager........ on 13:35 - Apr 12 by itfcjoe

I remember reading he'd been sent to the stands a few times

Yes, there were not many people on his side when he got sacked, pretty much got everyone upset with him. Kuqi is a town here, lets keep it that way. Appointing him as ITFC manager would be madness and would end up disaster for sure.

Too bad
If we end up with Shefki as manager........ on 13:41 - Apr 12 with 3106 viewsJ2BLUE

If we end up with Shefki as manager........ on 13:38 - Apr 12 by Johnny_Boy

Did you read his interview? Mentioned in his application form he put down the names of who he wanted for his right hand coaches.

I took that to assume it was a wish list - rather than bringing in any of his previous back room staff.

Which leads me to think they will be ex ITFC trusted team-mates / associates. But the question is who?

Pablo, obviously. Finally answering who is the best as Kuqi will be the senior man.

That's probably the sole reason he wants the job

Truly impaired.

Login to get fewer ads

If we end up with Shefki as manager........ on 13:48 - Apr 12 with 3067 viewsJohnny_Boy

If we end up with Shefki as manager........ on 13:41 - Apr 12 by J2BLUE

Pablo, obviously. Finally answering who is the best as Kuqi will be the senior man.

That's probably the sole reason he wants the job

Just scouring Soccerbase to see who his other team mates were.....and one name instantly stands out for me as a prime candidate to be a member of his back room staff.

Fab.

You heard that rumour from me first!
[Post edited 12 Apr 2018 13:53]
If we end up with Shefki as manager........ on 13:49 - Apr 12 with 3045 viewsJ2BLUE

If we end up with Shefki as manager........ on 13:48 - Apr 12 by Johnny_Boy

Just scouring Soccerbase to see who his other team mates were.....and one name instantly stands out for me as a prime candidate to be a member of his back room staff.

Fab.

You heard that rumour from me first!
[Post edited 12 Apr 2018 13:53]

I love Fab. Legend.

Truly impaired.

If we end up with Shefki as manager........ on 13:57 - Apr 12 with 2986 viewsSuperfrans

Never in a million years would it happen.

I'm sure Evans recognises the value of having someone with an existing bond with the club and fans, but it isn't a factor which supercedes any other. If he wants someone with that kind of profile, he'll also need to have managed in the English leagues, successfully (with promotions to his name), to play decent football and encourage youth.

That means just one person, who will be top of his list of candidates - especially as we know his favourite won't be appoint-able until after the season has ended (because he's currently in a job).

We all know who it is, right??
[Post edited 12 Apr 2018 13:59]

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

If we end up with Shefki as manager........ on 14:00 - Apr 12 with 2964 viewsJohnny_Boy

If we end up with Shefki as manager........ on 13:49 - Apr 12 by J2BLUE

I love Fab. Legend.

Internet is suggesting Fab was a coach at Colchester. Although the few sources I've seen are a bit vague in his coaching capacity. Must be honest, that has passed me by.

He's got his badges. Was on the same course as McGreal.
[Post edited 12 Apr 2018 15:03]
If we end up with Shefki as manager........ on 14:08 - Apr 12 with 2922 viewsLord_Lucan

I think we all know the current desired choice and also that appointing Shef is unlikely.

Whatever happens though there is bound to be an interview process so even if Mowbray walked out of Blackburn tomorrow there would still be a chance for someone else to impress.

Yes it is risky to appoint an inexperienced manager but all experienced managers were once wet behind the ears.

Experienced managers also at some point reach the end of the road, it's a natural progression.

We could end up with one of the more boring favourites but I would never underestimate ME to surprise you.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

If we end up with Shefki as manager........ on 14:12 - Apr 12 with 2876 viewsSpruceMoose

If we end up with Shefki as manager........ on 14:08 - Apr 12 by Lord_Lucan

I think we all know the current desired choice and also that appointing Shef is unlikely.

Whatever happens though there is bound to be an interview process so even if Mowbray walked out of Blackburn tomorrow there would still be a chance for someone else to impress.

Yes it is risky to appoint an inexperienced manager but all experienced managers were once wet behind the ears.

Experienced managers also at some point reach the end of the road, it's a natural progression.

We could end up with one of the more boring favourites but I would never underestimate ME to surprise you.

I'm in. Let's get him in. Two years of madness is just what we all need.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

If we end up with Shefki as manager........ on 14:18 - Apr 12 with 2830 viewsSuperfrans

If we end up with Shefki as manager........ on 14:08 - Apr 12 by Lord_Lucan

The next week will be interesting re. Mowbray.

If we are waiting for him, you would have to assume that we know he would be interested in a conversation, have a vague idea of his salary expectations and what compensation Blackburn might expect.

But he is unlikely to talk about any more details until Blackburn's season is concluded, I'm sure - certainly not until they are promoted.

They're currently 5 points and massive goal difference ahead of Shrewsbury, who are away at Bradford tonight. If the Shrews lose, Blackburn will be just 3 wins away from promotion - and have 3 games in the next 12 days. Basically, they could be promoted by the 24th (or sooner, if Blackburn continue winning and the Shrews drop points).

All "ifs" and "buts", but it might be possible to talk to Mogga before the end of this month - with appointment following early in May.

Poll: What is your voting intention on December 12?
Blog: Dear Martin Samuel...

If we end up with Shefki as manager........ on 15:17 - Apr 12 with 2693 viewsBlueBadger

If we end up with Shefki as manager........ on 14:12 - Apr 12 by SpruceMoose

I'm in. Let's get him in. Two years of madness is just what we all need.

Before I commit to this...what's his presser game like?

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

If we end up with Shefki as manager........ on 15:18 - Apr 12 with 2687 viewsSpruceMoose

If we end up with Shefki as manager........ on 15:17 - Apr 12 by BlueBadger

Before I commit to this...what's his presser game like?

Loves the club, hates the fans. Didn't mention them not being numbskulls once in that interview. Stand by for fireworks.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

If we end up with Shefki as manager........ on 17:36 - Apr 12 with 2589 viewsbrogansnose

Appointing Shefki Would only end in broken hearts. I don't think I could stand him getting grief if , as likely, it all went horribly wrong.
it would be hilarious and fooking great, but only for about half a season (n/t) on 17:50 - Apr 12 with 2551 viewsDyland

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024