Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That David Platt goal 07:51 - Jun 3 with 23075 viewstextbackup

In 90’ has got to be one of the best goals I’ve seen, if that was done now, by messi/Ronaldo we’d never hear the end of it

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

That David Platt goal on 08:05 - Jun 3 with 9153 viewsKeno

you mean this one

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

That David Platt goal on 08:06 - Jun 3 with 9142 viewsfergalsharkey

That David Platt goal on 08:05 - Jun 3 by Keno

you mean this one

Don’t think it was that amazing.

Poll: Cook out?

That David Platt goal on 08:16 - Jun 3 with 9108 viewsm14_blue

England have done it!

In the last minute of extra time!
That David Platt goal on 08:30 - Jun 3 with 9067 viewsStokieBlue

Look at that team compared to what we have this time round.

SB

Avatar - IC410 - Tadpoles Nebula

That David Platt goal on 08:34 - Jun 3 with 9060 viewsvapour_trail

First international tournament I watched in the boozer. The place went off when that went in.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

That David Platt goal on 08:36 - Jun 3 with 9055 viewsKTBlue

In the context of the game, and stage of the game yep agree. Unbelievable feeling when that went in.
That David Platt goal on 08:36 - Jun 3 with 9059 viewsITFC_Forever

Best England goals for me were both scored in the same tournament, Euro 96.

Either Gazza’s vs Scotland or Shearer vs Holland (when Sheringham laid it off instead of shooting).

P 1126, W 502, D 288, L 336, F 1711, A 1360
Blog: Confessions of a Statto - Why We Bother

That David Platt goal on 08:38 - Jun 3 with 9046 viewsKTBlue

That David Platt goal on 08:34 - Jun 3 by vapour_trail

First international tournament I watched in the boozer. The place went off when that went in.

Same here. Superb world cup to boot.
Login to get fewer ads

That David Platt goal on 08:46 - Jun 3 with 9046 viewsstrikalite

That David Platt goal on 08:36 - Jun 3 by ITFC_Forever

Best England goals for me were both scored in the same tournament, Euro 96.

Either Gazza’s vs Scotland or Shearer vs Holland (when Sheringham laid it off instead of shooting).

This was up there, to do this with virtually the last kick of the game from 25 yards was incredible, name me one player who could do this for us now? Under that pressure..

That David Platt goal on 09:05 - Jun 3 with 8993 viewswoodbridge_blue

My favourite World Cup too. Took the whole tournament off work, seem to remember it was six weeks instead of four but the alcohol-induced haze may have clouded the memory. Fantastic tournament with such a massive anti-climax.
That David Platt goal on 09:11 - Jun 3 with 8978 viewsBluefish

I was 10 and allowed to stay up late to watch the end. That goal blew my mind, to this day one of my favourite goals. Gazza was Scotland rivals it because if the celebration

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

That David Platt goal on 09:12 - Jun 3 with 8971 viewsBluefish

That David Platt goal on 08:46 - Jun 3 by strikalite

This was up there, to do this with virtually the last kick of the game from 25 yards was incredible, name me one player who could do this for us now? Under that pressure..

Beckham was awful in that game and the reason we were struggling. It became a 1 man show with him trying to playbevery position

That David Platt goal on 09:17 - Jun 3 with 8948 viewsLord_Lucan

Same same.

Watched most matches in Spuds on the docks.

I can't recall TV's in pubs at Mexico 86.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

That David Platt goal on 09:25 - Jun 3 with 8923 viewswoodbridge_blue

That David Platt goal on 09:17 - Jun 3 by Lord_Lucan

Same same.

Watched most matches in Spuds on the docks.

I can't recall TV's in pubs at Mexico 86.

The first match I ever watched in a pub was England v Argentina in 1986, in The Angel in Woodbridge. The landlord, Eric Smith, perched a telly precariously on top of a fruit machine and laid all the available chairs and benches out in cinema style. That was it until 1990 as I recall.
That David Platt goal on 09:29 - Jun 3 with 8905 viewsBluefish

That David Platt goal on 09:25 - Jun 3 by woodbridge_blue

The first match I ever watched in a pub was England v Argentina in 1986, in The Angel in Woodbridge. The landlord, Eric Smith, perched a telly precariously on top of a fruit machine and laid all the available chairs and benches out in cinema style. That was it until 1990 as I recall.

Lol at 50 year olds. Massive losers didn't even watch the world cup in the pubs.

I remember watching some of Mexico 86 on a black and white portable tv upstairs. I was 6. I refuse to even watch tv these days if it isn't in hd

That David Platt goal on 09:32 - Jun 3 with 8890 viewsLord_Lucan

That David Platt goal on 09:25 - Jun 3 by woodbridge_blue

Do you know what, I also now remember that game in a pub, I watched it in The Haven, I also now remember watching the Tottenham EUFA Cup final in there in 1984.

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.

That David Platt goal on 09:36 - Jun 3 with 8869 viewswoodbridge_blue

That David Platt goal on 09:29 - Jun 3 by Bluefish

Lol at 50 year olds. Massive losers didn't even watch the world cup in the pubs.

I remember watching some of Mexico 86 on a black and white portable tv upstairs. I was 6. I refuse to even watch tv these days if it isn't in hd

The late 80s was heaven for drinkers with the advent of all day opening and televised sport just around the corner with Sky football appearing in 1992. However it also saw the beginning of pub closures and conversion of many into pseudo restaurants, so you win some, you lose some I guess.
That David Platt goal on 09:46 - Jun 3 with 8830 viewsvapour_trail

That David Platt goal on 09:12 - Jun 3 by Bluefish

Beckham was awful in that game and the reason we were struggling. It became a 1 man show with him trying to playbevery position

Incorrect.

Everyone froze around beckham that day. Not dissimilar to the Iceland game actually. The difference against Greece was that we had someone determined to take the game by the scruff of the neck.

Trailing vapour since 1999.
Poll: Should Gav and Phil limiti the number of polls?

That David Platt goal on 09:50 - Jun 3 with 8813 viewsbrogansnose

What a wonderfull World Cup that was. Gascoigne, Lineker, that goal by Platt, Pavarotti and Sir Bob.
That David Platt goal on 09:56 - Jun 3 with 8793 viewsJohnny_Boy

If you want to suggest "Had Messi or Ronaldo scored that.." - then Joe Cole's stunner against Sweden in 2006 is certainly up there.

Best England goal, personally, would be John Barnes against Brazil....purely for the opposition.
That David Platt goal on 10:21 - Jun 3 with 8708 viewsITFC_Forever

That David Platt goal on 09:36 - Jun 3 by woodbridge_blue

The late 80s was heaven for drinkers with the advent of all day opening and televised sport just around the corner with Sky football appearing in 1992. However it also saw the beginning of pub closures and conversion of many into pseudo restaurants, so you win some, you lose some I guess.

All day drinking didn’t come in until the mid-90s.

That David Platt goal on 10:23 - Jun 3 with 8702 viewsITFC_Forever

That David Platt goal on 09:12 - Jun 3 by Bluefish

Beckham was the only one up for the challenge that day and tried to take the game by the scruff of the neck - the rest of them froze.

That David Platt goal on 10:23 - Jun 3 with 8701 viewswoodbridge_blue

That David Platt goal on 10:21 - Jun 3 by ITFC_Forever

Pretty sure it was 1988.
That David Platt goal on 10:27 - Jun 3 with 8688 viewsLord_Lucan

That David Platt goal on 10:21 - Jun 3 by ITFC_Forever

Pubs were allowed to open all day on Saturdays in the 80's

That David Platt goal on 10:47 - Jun 3 with 8648 viewsHerbivore

Great goal that. As England fans everyone remembers Italia 90 fondly but objectively it was a pretty crap World Cup with not many goals (lowest scoring ever I believe in terms of goals per game) and very, very few outstanding players playing at the top of their game.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024