Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chat with Tommy Miller while at St George’s Park 18:17 - Jun 7 with 4998 viewscarlisleaway

Now with Spennymoor Utd and wished Ipswich the best for next season
Great chat about his penalty taking at Ipswich and how he enjoyed his time in East Anglia.
Chat with Tommy Miller while at St George’s Park on 22:17 - Jun 7 with 4662 viewsTRUE_BLUE123

Top player for us. Loved watching him.

Poll: Will Paul Lambert be Ipswich Town manager on the final day of this season ?

Chat with Tommy Miller while at St George’s Park on 22:27 - Jun 7 with 4623 viewschicoazul

Hope you told him penalties dont count.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Chat with Tommy Miller while at St George’s Park on 22:27 - Jun 7 with 4623 viewsRomeo4

I met Tommy a few times when he was with us. Really nice fella. A very underrated player. His surges from midfield used to make things happen for us. Best penalty taker we’ve had since Warky. He had a great understanding with Pablo too.
Chat with Tommy Miller while at St George’s Park on 09:40 - Jun 8 with 4362 viewsSouperJim

I touched his head once.

Poll: Prawn Crackers
Blog: Broken Ipswich

Chat with Tommy Miller while at St George’s Park on 10:12 - Jun 8 with 4304 viewsSimonCleggsNeck

Are all the ex-players always having a kick about in St George's Park?

Poll: Would you join in with a ‘Marcus Evans is a ****, he hates Ipswich’ chant?

Chat with Tommy Miller while at St George’s Park on 10:15 - Jun 8 with 4294 viewsPhilTWTD

Chat with Tommy Miller while at St George’s Park on 10:12 - Jun 8 by SimonCleggsNeck

Are all the ex-players always having a kick about in St George's Park?

Kieron and Titus are doing coaching badges there, I assume Tommy M is doing similar.
Chat with Tommy Miller while at St George’s Park on 10:27 - Jun 8 with 4257 viewsNo9

Chat with Tommy Miller while at St George’s Park on 22:27 - Jun 7 by Romeo4

I met Tommy a few times when he was with us. Really nice fella. A very underrated player. His surges from midfield used to make things happen for us. Best penalty taker we’ve had since Warky. He had a great understanding with Pablo too.

With soem wasn't he the Jonas K of the day?
Chat with Tommy Miller while at St George’s Park on 10:35 - Jun 8 with 4248 viewsLord_Lucan

Chat with Tommy Miller while at St George’s Park on 22:27 - Jun 7 by chicoazul

Hope you told him penalties dont count.

The year we sold him we also sold Darren Bent, Shefki Kuqi - between them all we lost over 50 goals from the previous season.

I just googled TM to see what year he left and I noticed we brought him back again in 2007 and I just don't remember that.

Further Googling leads me to find that we had Białkowski on loan from Soton in 2009 - I can't remember that either.

Does anyone know where I can purchase some brain food?

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

Login to get fewer ads

Chat with Tommy Miller while at St George’s Park on 10:43 - Jun 8 with 4221 viewsSouperJim

Chat with Tommy Miller while at St George’s Park on 10:35 - Jun 8 by Lord_Lucan

The year we sold him we also sold Darren Bent, Shefki Kuqi - between them all we lost over 50 goals from the previous season.

I just googled TM to see what year he left and I noticed we brought him back again in 2007 and I just don't remember that.

Further Googling leads me to find that we had Białkowski on loan from Soton in 2009 - I can't remember that either.

Does anyone know where I can purchase some brain food?

Tommy wasn't as good second time around, but then neither were we. His late/third man runs were seen less as we didn't have Kuqi causing mayhem in the box and Tommy generally played deeper from what I remember.

Who did we have playing upfront in 2007? Pablo?

Chat with Tommy Miller while at St George’s Park on 10:45 - Jun 8 with 4213 viewshype313

Chat with Tommy Miller while at St George’s Park on 22:27 - Jun 7 by Romeo4

I'd say since Steve Whitton

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Chat with Tommy Miller while at St George’s Park on 11:09 - Jun 8 with 4167 viewsGrahamHarbey

Chat with Tommy Miller while at St George’s Park on 10:43 - Jun 8 by SouperJim

Tommy wasn't as good second time around, but then neither were we. His late/third man runs were seen less as we didn't have Kuqi causing mayhem in the box and Tommy generally played deeper from what I remember.

We had a choice of Walters, Pablo, Alan Lee up top that season oh and Forster when fit
Chat with Tommy Miller while at St George’s Park on 11:21 - Jun 8 with 4135 viewsBluebell

Chat with Tommy Miller while at St George’s Park on 09:40 - Jun 8 by SouperJim

I touched his head once.

I had my photo taken with him.
Chat with Tommy Miller while at St George’s Park on 11:25 - Jun 8 with 4127 viewsSteve_M

Chat with Tommy Miller while at St George’s Park on 10:43 - Jun 8 by SouperJim

He wasn't as good but was still pretty decent. When Jim's side clicked in 2007-08, mainly at home in the first half of the season, Miller was a big part of that although he was seen as part of the weak centre away from home.

Certainly paying £2m+ for Norris wasn't an upgrade and Miller played less as Magilton stockpiled midfielders. We beat Palace 1-0 at Selhurst Park with Miller and Shumilikoski in central midfield, they worked really well together yet I think it was the only time they played together.

Pablo, Lee, Walters up front. All had nine goals by Christmas.

Poll: When are the squad numbers out?
Blog: Cycle of Hurt

Chat with Tommy Miller while at St George’s Park on 11:42 - Jun 8 with 4089 viewsRadlett_blue

Did you ask him why he made that daft tackle at Selhurst Park in 2006?

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Chat with Tommy Miller while at St George’s Park on 11:43 - Jun 8 with 4087 viewsGlebeTractor

Chat with Tommy Miller while at St George’s Park on 09:40 - Jun 8 by SouperJim

I touched his head once.

Bit g*y.

Poll: Was that the worst game you've been to? If not, what was?

Chat with Tommy Miller while at St George’s Park on 11:47 - Jun 8 with 4077 viewsNoCanariesAllowed

Chat with Tommy Miller while at St George’s Park on 11:25 - Jun 8 by Steve_M

He wasn't as good but was still pretty decent. When Jim's side clicked in 2007-08, mainly at home in the first half of the season, Miller was a big part of that although he was seen as part of the weak centre away from home.

Certainly paying £2m+ for Norris wasn't an upgrade and Miller played less as Magilton stockpiled midfielders. We beat Palace 1-0 at Selhurst Park with Miller and Shumilikoski in central midfield, they worked really well together yet I think it was the only time they played together.

...and sadly very little after Christmas, from what I remember. Not dissimilar to how things went with Waghorn, Garner, McGoldrick and Celina this season.
Chat with Tommy Miller while at St George’s Park on 11:52 - Jun 8 with 4069 viewsSouperJim

Chat with Tommy Miller while at St George’s Park on 11:25 - Jun 8 by Steve_M

Yes I remember him still being solid, just not quite as marauding as he had been in BFJ's side.

Norris has to be one of the most disappointing signings in recent memory. Seemed to take forever to get done, we paid very good money and I recall being at Cambridge in preseason, everyone talking excitedly about what he would bring to the side and singing his name like we had signed the next Zidane. Turned out to be more like the next Chris Bart-Williams, unspectacular.

Chat with Tommy Miller while at St George’s Park on 11:52 - Jun 8 with 4060 viewsSouperJim

Chat with Tommy Miller while at St George’s Park on 11:43 - Jun 8 by GlebeTractor

Bit g*y.

You're just jealous.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024