Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? 23:22 - Jul 2 with 6103 viewsSwailsey

I can’t remenber the last time I felt this excited. Perhaps it’s because it’s so much of the unknown.

It could all go to sh*t but dammit it will be different! I have a really good feeling about PH.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 11:29 - Jul 3 with 1369 viewsflimflam

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 11:27 - Jul 3 by GREYBLUE

Not in a lather - more a realist
Yes there can be some good signings from the lower leagues but to be linked with so many is unbelievable if we are to improve we need more premiership/championship quality players
The original post asked about being excited for the new season
To date I can’t see anything to be excited about I will need to see some improvements before I am able to join the Paul Hurst “love in”
Let’s hope we are all happy with the team that we start the season with

Oh Dear :-(

All men and women are created, by the, you know the, you know the thing.

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 11:31 - Jul 3 with 1360 viewsStokieBlue

I think the excellent World Cup and the thought of a new manager, maybe new direction at PR and my son becoming football mad has rekindled my love of football.

I've been coasting the last few years.

SB

Avatar - M51 - The Whirlpool Galaxy - Taken on 29th April 2024

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 12:37 - Jul 3 with 1327 viewsHerbivore

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 11:27 - Jul 3 by GREYBLUE

Not in a lather - more a realist
Yes there can be some good signings from the lower leagues but to be linked with so many is unbelievable if we are to improve we need more premiership/championship quality players
The original post asked about being excited for the new season
To date I can’t see anything to be excited about I will need to see some improvements before I am able to join the Paul Hurst “love in”
Let’s hope we are all happy with the team that we start the season with

This might well blow your mind, but there are players currently playing at a lower level than the Championship that have the ability and potential to play in the Championship and even higher. Crazy, I know. I imagine it's those players that we're after.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2018 14:05]

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 14:04 - Jul 3 with 1285 viewsDarth_Koont

Very excited to see what we missed from Dozzell, Huws, Adeyemi and perhaps even Bishop last season. Whether it's only two or three who get over the injuries and get back, it'll be great to see a centre midfield with them to choose from.

On top of which, great to see what Nydam, Downes and Folami can achieve after their first season. For me, Nydam was the highlight of the end of season — in an understandable contrast to the beginning of the season, he looked physically and mentally up to the task and his energy was hugely important in getting the team playing.

And clearly, it will be interesting to see how Hurst approaches the challenge of the Championship and deals with it. If I am nervous about the new season, it's because I hope we give him enough time and support to build his team pragmatically by getting points even if they're based on hard-fought draws rather than free-flowing wins.

Pronouns: He/Him

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 14:44 - Jul 3 with 1266 viewsNo9

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 09:20 - Jul 3 by Monkey_Blue

I was optimistic at the start of last season, especially as we started off playing a better and more attacking style. I think we need to see games to judge new signings but also a new manager. MM did get us a 6th and a 7th with no money which I think was a massively under-rated achievement and also never had us in any real danger of a relegation fight. I worry that with the same budget but a different approach there is a chance the change will be negative. However I’m also open to the idea we could be a Huddersfield.... I just would prefer to get rid of the fringe players and bring in better quality. That doesn’t always mean spending big, but players who’ve kicked around the lower leagues and non league for a large proportion of their careers generally do so because that’s their level. They are not all Jamie Vardy.

If PH can convince Mr E he isn't going to waste money on a long list of non starters (how many old mates did MM bring in?) then maybe the purse strings will be loosened.

Being an 'Uddersfiled would tto an extent be rekindling the ITFC of old - too much to hope for?
Time will tell
Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 15:11 - Jul 3 with 1244 viewsSwansea_Blue

Not really. And quite bemused as to why everyone else seems to be. Rumours floating around that we're about to lose what's left of our strike force. And no significant movements coming in other than some possible lower league targets who may or may not succeed.

Not quite sure where all the optimism is coming from other than 'at least Mick's gone'. It's a high risk strategy this year with the continuation of austerity and a new manager untried at this level. Hopefully it works out of course.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 15:12 - Jul 3 with 1241 viewsGREYBLUE

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 12:37 - Jul 3 by Herbivore

This might well blow your mind, but there are players currently playing at a lower level than the Championship that have the ability and potential to play in the Championship and even higher. Crazy, I know. I imagine it's those players that we're after.
[Post edited 3 Jul 2018 14:05]

Quite right there are players in the lower leagues that have the ability to play in the championship or above but there is a vast majority that cannot
Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 15:25 - Jul 3 with 1235 viewsHerbivore

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 15:12 - Jul 3 by GREYBLUE

Quite right there are players in the lower leagues that have the ability to play in the championship or above but there is a vast majority that cannot

And which ones do you think our knowledgeable new manager and his team are likely to be targeting?

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 15:35 - Jul 3 with 1228 viewsitfcjoe

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 15:11 - Jul 3 by Swansea_Blue

Not really. And quite bemused as to why everyone else seems to be. Rumours floating around that we're about to lose what's left of our strike force. And no significant movements coming in other than some possible lower league targets who may or may not succeed.

Not quite sure where all the optimism is coming from other than 'at least Mick's gone'. It's a high risk strategy this year with the continuation of austerity and a new manager untried at this level. Hopefully it works out of course.

Yep, it's a concern - if we are bringing in lower quality replacements then it is asking a lot of Hurst to do what he has done at Shrewsbury here at a much higher, more competitive and disparate level

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 15:56 - Jul 3 with 1207 viewsagentp

Is anyone else disproportionately excited for the new season? on 15:35 - Jul 3 by itfcjoe

Yep, it's a concern - if we are bringing in lower quality replacements then it is asking a lot of Hurst to do what he has done at Shrewsbury here at a much higher, more competitive and disparate level

Going by the fact that PH didn't sign Rodman, I would imagine that the shop window is more diverse than L1/2.

We need to find the talented L1/2 players though as their progression and re-sale will fund the purchase of non L1/2 players in the future.

Nothing from PH so far has suggested that all this negativity is justified. I accept he hasn't actually done anything to show ambition either..

Poll: If only these two were available who would you choose for the rest of the season

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024