Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry Maguire 23:31 - Jul 4 with 3175 viewsITFC_Aylesbury

In his style of play, he looks to be very much the sort of player I think we all expected Titus Bramble to become. Strong, good in the air but able to play a bit out from the back and bring the ball out into midfield.

*sigh*
Harry Maguire on 00:10 - Jul 5 with 3087 viewscatch74

Only 19 when he did this!

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

on 08:25 - Jul 5 with 2815 views_

Harry Maguire on 08:30 - Jul 5 with 2794 viewsblueislander

on 08:25 - Jul 5 by _

Webster showed glimpses of being able to play that way, which is why I am irked that he was sold.
on 08:39 - Jul 5 with 2768 views_

Harry Maguire on 08:30 - Jul 5 by blueislander

Webster showed glimpses of being able to play that way, which is why I am irked that he was sold.

Harry Maguire on 08:54 - Jul 5 with 2726 viewsblueislander

on 08:39 - Jul 5 by _

I just hope that the plan is not hooooooof
on 08:56 - Jul 5 with 2721 views_

Harry Maguire on 08:54 - Jul 5 by blueislander

I just hope that the plan is not hooooooof

Harry Maguire on 09:06 - Jul 5 with 2703 viewschristiand

I'm sure many of us who watched Maguire play for Sheffield United never thought he'd become an England international. Like you Libero, I believe Webster has some similar traits to his game but just needs the right team to allow them to blossom. That was never going to happen under MM, even Webster was just punting aimless balls forward towards the end.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Harry Maguire on 09:08 - Jul 5 with 2692 viewsitfcjoe

Harry Maguire on 09:06 - Jul 5 by christiand

I'm sure many of us who watched Maguire play for Sheffield United never thought he'd become an England international. Like you Libero, I believe Webster has some similar traits to his game but just needs the right team to allow them to blossom. That was never going to happen under MM, even Webster was just punting aimless balls forward towards the end.

Maguire always looked destined to go a long way - was immense in their youth cup run and got games at a young age which is very rare as a CB.

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Login to get fewer ads

on 09:10 - Jul 5 with 2681 views_

Harry Maguire on 09:06 - Jul 5 by christiand

Harry Maguire on 09:12 - Jul 5 with 2667 viewsHerbivore

Our most technically gifted footballer? If you're excluding most of our midfielders and Waghorn then you're probably on to something. He had decent ability on the ball but only really showed odd glimpses of it.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Harry Maguire on 09:12 - Jul 5 with 2666 viewschristiand

Harry Maguire on 09:08 - Jul 5 by itfcjoe

Maguire always looked destined to go a long way - was immense in their youth cup run and got games at a young age which is very rare as a CB.

When I saw him a few times I was impressed seeing a footballing centre back in the Championship who was prepared to bring the ball out from the back. Just questioned whether he had the pace to cope with the step up to the PL. I think Webster has the capability, just needs the right manager and team to allow that part of his game to flourish.

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

on 09:15 - Jul 5 with 2655 views_

Harry Maguire on 09:12 - Jul 5 by Herbivore

Our most technically gifted footballer? If you're excluding most of our midfielders and Waghorn then you're probably on to something. He had decent ability on the ball but only really showed odd glimpses of it.

Harry Maguire on 09:18 - Jul 5 with 2648 viewsitfcjoe

Harry Maguire on 09:12 - Jul 5 by christiand

When I saw him a few times I was impressed seeing a footballing centre back in the Championship who was prepared to bring the ball out from the back. Just questioned whether he had the pace to cope with the step up to the PL. I think Webster has the capability, just needs the right manager and team to allow that part of his game to flourish.

He was good on the ball, but also strong and won everything in the air - he is a bit sluggish but that tends to be hidden

on 09:19 - Jul 5 with 2637 views_

Harry Maguire on 09:18 - Jul 5 by itfcjoe

He was good on the ball, but also strong and won everything in the air - he is a bit sluggish but that tends to be hidden

Harry Maguire on 11:09 - Jul 5 with 2518 viewsconnorscontract

on 09:15 - Jul 5 by _

His technical ability is "streets ahead" of Dozzell, Bishop, Nydam and Downes?

I'll have to respectfully disagree.
Harry Maguire on 11:18 - Jul 5 with 2495 viewsHerbivore

on 09:15 - Jul 5 by _

Dozzer, Nydam, Downes and Bishop are also technically very sound. As is Skuse to be fair, his ability on the ball is underrated and he is capable of spraying it about quite nicely at times. Good first touch too. I'd rate them all as being better technically than Webster, but as you say it's about opinions. I bloody love Martyn Waghorn, it's been great seeing just how good he really is. He's got bags of ability.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

on 11:22 - Jul 5 with 2488 views_

Harry Maguire on 11:18 - Jul 5 by Herbivore

Dozzer, Nydam, Downes and Bishop are also technically very sound. As is Skuse to be fair, his ability on the ball is underrated and he is capable of spraying it about quite nicely at times. Good first touch too. I'd rate them all as being better technically than Webster, but as you say it's about opinions. I bloody love Martyn Waghorn, it's been great seeing just how good he really is. He's got bags of ability.

Harry Maguire on 11:31 - Jul 5 with 2462 viewsFrowsyArmLarry

on 08:56 - Jul 5 by _

He can’t train the team to press any LESS than McCarthy, but will it meet my expectstions I.e how England totally isolated the ball against Columbia? I’m not so sure
Harry Maguire on 11:44 - Jul 5 with 2442 viewsclive_baker

Harry Maguire on 09:18 - Jul 5 by itfcjoe

Strong and won everything in the air is debatable. I remember 2 consecutive games against Sheffield United and Norwich where leon Clarke and Cameron Jerome gave him a torrid time. I think he gets bullied far too easily for my liking. Tommy Smith has the edge on him in that regard, but then he was a monster in the air and not a lot else.

Don’t get me wrong, all things considered he 100% would start for us if everyone was fit and we had the luxury of keeping him, and actually some of our biggest defeats last season were when he was missing. I just think he was far from the sort of player he was made out to be on here, I’m not going to lose too much sleep that he’s gone but he absolutely has to be replaced.

EDIT: Apols, think you were talking about HM rather than AW.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2018 11:46]

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

Harry Maguire on 11:45 - Jul 5 with 2438 viewsitfcjoe

Harry Maguire on 11:44 - Jul 5 by clive_baker

Strong and won everything in the air is debatable. I remember 2 consecutive games against Sheffield United and Norwich where leon Clarke and Cameron Jerome gave him a torrid time. I think he gets bullied far too easily for my liking. Tommy Smith has the edge on him in that regard, but then he was a monster in the air and not a lot else.

Don’t get me wrong, all things considered he 100% would start for us if everyone was fit and we had the luxury of keeping him, and actually some of our biggest defeats last season were when he was missing. I just think he was far from the sort of player he was made out to be on here, I’m not going to lose too much sleep that he’s gone but he absolutely has to be replaced.

EDIT: Apols, think you were talking about HM rather than AW.
[Post edited 5 Jul 2018 11:46]

Sorry I was talking about Maguire when he was coming through....

Harry Maguire on 11:55 - Jul 5 with 2419 viewsRobTheMonk

I love watching him play. He's also brilliant at getting the fans going as well when he decides to go on one of those marauding runs where he travels about 50 yards up the pitch. Quality in the air, strong, good in the tackle. I do wonder whether one the bigger clubs will start having a look.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024