Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? 18:24 - Jul 15 with 5714 viewsKieran_Knows

Hopefully this link works.

https://mobile.twitter.com/dmac102/status/1018546559070474241

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 18:43 - Jul 15 with 5524 viewsSamuelowen88

Poll: England v Wales Score

Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 18:46 - Jul 15 with 5506 viewsPhilTWTD

Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 18:43 - Jul 15 by Samuelowen88

Certainly sounds like Edwards is confident it'll all get done at the very least.

Spoke to a friend of mine who scouts for another Championship club and has watched him a few times yesterday and he thinks he's a good signing. Says he's the type of wideman who does a lot of unsung work, perhaps not the type to be a fans' favourite like Ryan Fraser, more an Ando hard-working type.
Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 19:53 - Jul 15 with 5033 viewsKieran_Knows

Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 18:46 - Jul 15 by PhilTWTD

Certainly sounds like Edwards is confident it'll all get done at the very least.

Spoke to a friend of mine who scouts for another Championship club and has watched him a few times yesterday and he thinks he's a good signing. Says he's the type of wideman who does a lot of unsung work, perhaps not the type to be a fans' favourite like Ryan Fraser, more an Ando hard-working type.

Sounds good, whilst I wasn’t Anderson’s biggest fan, we didn’t have our most successful season under Mick with him in the side.

Hopefully get Edwards wrapped up early this week, along with Bart, and then start looking for centre backs.

Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 23:12 - Jul 15 with 4509 viewsbaz1978

Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 18:46 - Jul 15 by PhilTWTD

Do we know if Curtis till is going to sign
Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 08:00 - Jul 16 with 4175 viewsWestcountryblue

Would be a cracking piece of business at 700k. It’s great that PH wants to see us play with natural wide players.
Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 08:37 - Jul 16 with 4079 viewsPhilTWTD

Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 23:12 - Jul 15 by baz1978

Do we know if Curtis till is going to sign

Not yet, think Blackpool are digging their heels in. Might be one of those that takes a bit of time and there are other clubs interested.
Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 08:40 - Jul 16 with 4070 viewsPhilTWTD

Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 19:53 - Jul 15 by Kieran_Knows

Sounds good, whilst I wasn’t Anderson’s biggest fan, we didn’t have our most successful season under Mick with him in the side.

Hopefully get Edwards wrapped up early this week, along with Bart, and then start looking for centre backs.

Sounds very much in line with what we've heard from PH about his approach; hard work, high press etc. Bart likely to be finalised today, I believe, and Edwards doesn't sound like it's going to be too far behind.
Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 08:45 - Jul 16 with 4038 viewsBackToRussia

Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 08:40 - Jul 16 by PhilTWTD

Sounds very much in line with what we've heard from PH about his approach; hard work, high press etc. Bart likely to be finalised today, I believe, and Edwards doesn't sound like it's going to be too far behind.

If you've got time for an answer Phil, was wondering what you thought about the wisdom of selling Webster. Seems to me like Bart would have been the one to sell given we already needed a CB, we've now created twice the work for ourselves on that front. Yes we've created funds but we will have to use some of that to find a replacement anyway. Has Hurst underestimated how tricky we've found it at times to nail all our targets in recent times? Maybe he thinks he'll have more luck in assembling a balanced squad in quick time.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Login to get fewer ads

Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 08:55 - Jul 16 with 3998 viewsKieran_Knows

Good stuff. Presume PH will turn his attention other areas of the squad now we've sorted wingers (that's if he see's Ward as a winger).

Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 09:24 - Jul 16 with 3903 viewsPhilTWTD

Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 08:45 - Jul 16 by BackToRussia

If you've got time for an answer Phil, was wondering what you thought about the wisdom of selling Webster. Seems to me like Bart would have been the one to sell given we already needed a CB, we've now created twice the work for ourselves on that front. Yes we've created funds but we will have to use some of that to find a replacement anyway. Has Hurst underestimated how tricky we've found it at times to nail all our targets in recent times? Maybe he thinks he'll have more luck in assembling a balanced squad in quick time.

Think it was just that the offer came in for Webster and was seen as a good one. As PH said on Saturday, it has given him more freedom to make his mark on the squad. I assume he has every confidence that he will get his targets sorted before the window closes.
Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 09:48 - Jul 16 with 3826 viewshype313

Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 09:24 - Jul 16 by PhilTWTD

Think it was just that the offer came in for Webster and was seen as a good one. As PH said on Saturday, it has given him more freedom to make his mark on the squad. I assume he has every confidence that he will get his targets sorted before the window closes.

Do you think he will try and go back to Shrewsbury for any of their players? Knowing that they had already bought into his ethos, especially regarding his comments after Saturday.

Poll: Simpson - Keep, Sell or Loan

Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 09:51 - Jul 16 with 3808 viewsPhilTWTD

Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 09:48 - Jul 16 by hype313

Do you think he will try and go back to Shrewsbury for any of their players? Knowing that they had already bought into his ethos, especially regarding his comments after Saturday.

Perhaps, although he played the chances of that happening down a couple of weeks ago. Nsiala still seems like one he might go for and Nolan, who my scout friend also rates incidentally, as well if he thinks the midfielders already here aren't up to the job he wants them to perform.
Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 09:56 - Jul 16 with 3785 viewshype313

Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 09:51 - Jul 16 by PhilTWTD

Perhaps, although he played the chances of that happening down a couple of weeks ago. Nsiala still seems like one he might go for and Nolan, who my scout friend also rates incidentally, as well if he thinks the midfielders already here aren't up to the job he wants them to perform.

I thought he might go for Nolan, not because we don't have quality in the position, more to do with age and injuries going into a tough 46 game season.

However, it does CB seems more pressing right now.

Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 10:02 - Jul 16 with 3746 viewsKieran_Knows

As per what you've said, Edwards deal to go through later today...

Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 10:03 - Jul 16 with 3737 viewsArcher4721

Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 09:24 - Jul 16 by PhilTWTD

And don't forget Webster wanted to go. ...Which always goes a long way in a deal such as this.
Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 10:05 - Jul 16 with 3731 viewsPhilTWTD

Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 10:02 - Jul 16 by Kieran_Knows

As per what you've said, Edwards deal to go through later today...

I assume good info as it was him that broke the news of the offer being accepted on Friday.
Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 10:07 - Jul 16 with 3715 viewsPhilTWTD

Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 09:56 - Jul 16 by hype313

I thought he might go for Nolan, not because we don't have quality in the position, more to do with age and injuries going into a tough 46 game season.

However, it does CB seems more pressing right now.

Two centre-backs, another striker probably, perhaps a further winger. Also depends on who might go.
Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 10:11 - Jul 16 with 3672 viewshype313

Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 10:07 - Jul 16 by PhilTWTD

Two centre-backs, another striker probably, perhaps a further winger. Also depends on who might go.

Hmm quite of bit of work to be done, and money to be spent, makes you wonder if a big offer came in for Waghorn would they seriously entertain it?

Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 10:35 - Jul 16 with 3589 viewsPhilTWTD

Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 10:11 - Jul 16 by hype313

Hmm quite of bit of work to be done, and money to be spent, makes you wonder if a big offer came in for Waghorn would they seriously entertain it?

The way PH was talking on Saturday it would have to be very big, £7 million plus was the figure I had previously heard.
Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 10:37 - Jul 16 with 3566 viewshype313

Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 10:35 - Jul 16 by PhilTWTD

The way PH was talking on Saturday it would have to be very big, £7 million plus was the figure I had previously heard.

Can't see anyone spending that sort of sum, not unless someone like Boro offered 3-4m and threw someone like Bamford in.

Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 10:44 - Jul 16 with 3522 viewsitfcjoe

Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 10:37 - Jul 16 by hype313

Can't see anyone spending that sort of sum, not unless someone like Boro offered 3-4m and threw someone like Bamford in.

Boro value Bamford at £16m....!

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 10:45 - Jul 16 with 3507 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 10:44 - Jul 16 by itfcjoe

Blimey, maybe they will offer £10m for Waghorn then!!

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 10:47 - Jul 16 with 3493 viewsPhilTWTD

Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 10:37 - Jul 16 by hype313

Depends how much they want him ultimately. Pulis is, or at least was, very keen and Derby also very interested.
Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 10:48 - Jul 16 with 3489 viewshype313

Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 10:44 - Jul 16 by itfcjoe

Maybe someone not like him then!

Although £16m seems a little excessive for him given his returns.

Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 10:59 - Jul 16 with 3425 viewsitfcjoe

Safe to say Gwion Edwards a done deal....? on 10:48 - Jul 16 by hype313

Maybe someone not like him then!

Although £16m seems a little excessive for him given his returns.

I think it is a bit tit for tat with Nottingham Forest over the Assombalonga deal last summer

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024