Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who else thinks 12:21 - Sep 17 with 3887 viewschicoazul

the club didnt do its' due diligence on Donacien's situation properly before signing him and basically got him on loan because they thought he was a shoo-in for his visa? I also had a cursory read of the regulations around transfers this weekend (hard copy so no link sorry) and I dont see how we can make his signing permanent outside of the window anyway, there seems to be no allowances for this at all.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Who else thinks on 13:42 - Sep 17 with 906 viewsElephantintheRoom

Who at the club is there to do any diligence, due or otherwise?

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Who else thinks on 13:44 - Sep 17 with 902 views3_5_2

I think there is enough to to be worried about without having to dig for things.

The club said it will happen so let it.

I long for the days when all we could worry about about was not getting served at halftime

Hindsight is always 20:20
Poll: Which system should we play?

Who else thinks on 13:44 - Sep 17 with 899 viewsNo9

Who else thinks on 13:37 - Sep 17 by chicoazul

I was with a friend on Friday who is a football agent and was idly reading a copy of a document he had about transfer regulations in the UK (and BTW how they may change after Brexit) while he was talking with a client. I also asked him about it and he said he doesnt see how there is anything in the rules that says a club can sign a player permanently outside of the two windows.

But, a player could sign with any club a letter of intent?
Ian Milne is described as 'Legal Counsel' what you are saying is he has fcuked up ?
I understand the FA expect circa 125 PL players to leave the UK after March next year.
Who else thinks on 13:45 - Sep 17 with 887 viewsFrimleyBlue

Who else thinks on 13:44 - Sep 17 by 3_5_2

I think there is enough to to be worried about without having to dig for things.

The club said it will happen so let it.

I long for the days when all we could worry about about was not getting served at halftime

He does have a point though

I can't see how the perm signing can be made outside of the window. He's not an unattached player.

I accept the fee has been agreed and it will happen, But i think even when it comes through he will still be a loanee and we will still have the issue of having to many

Waka waka eh eh
Poll: We've had Kuqi v Pablo.. so Broadhead or Celina?
Blog: Marcus Evans Needs Our Support Not to Be Hounded Out

Who else thinks on 13:55 - Sep 17 with 870 viewsKing_ding_a_lin_g

The way I understood it is...

1) Deal done per the rules in the summer, with a caveat saying that the deal only comes in to force when the work permit is granted and Transfer HQ have said yes that's fine, deal done.

2) Working along side that already done deal, is another deal that takes him on loan until a work permit is granted.

3) The second deal ends when the first comes in to force. If the first one doesn't come into force it's because no work permit has been granted and he'll have to leave the country at some point anyway.

I seriously don't think there is any drama here, there is plenty elsewhere to latch on to if you need a fix. He is already technically signed and therefore won't be signing outside a window.
Who else thinks on 14:09 - Sep 17 with 841 viewsTheTrueBlue1878

Who else thinks on 13:20 - Sep 17 by FrimleyBlue

Also remembering

1 2 year contract

2 x 3 year contracts!

Also have a very close friend who played in League 1 last year and has played against Kayden Jackson before.

When we signed Harrison and Jackson, I obviously text him asking about the qualities as I did when we signed all of our lower league players.

He did say how Ellis Harrison was only perceived by him as average in League 1, probably shown by the fact he finished 18 top goal scorer last year.
He also said whilst Jackson technically isn't the greatest at the moment, he has speed that is just unmatchable by most so always gives him an advantage, but im not sure 1.5 million worth.

He also said Gwion Edwards was superb whenever he played against him and no surprise he made the step up.

Poll: Would you be happy with Paul Lambert?

Who else thinks on 14:11 - Sep 17 with 836 viewsGavTWTD

I'd have been more worried if we'd signed him on a perm with this hanging over him, so I think they've been sensibly cautious. Worst case is its a loan and he returns in Jan.

If you liked my post, please take the time to upvote it. It's very much appreciated.
Poll: Will you watch the Championship Play-Off Final?
Blog: Man v Fat Football - A Personal Blog

Who else thinks on 14:15 - Sep 17 with 820 viewsRobTheMonk

It looks as if they've gambled on it being cleared in time to make in a permanant signing. It's not worked out and it adds fuel to a simmering fire as it all looks a little silly having someone have to miss out.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024