Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hoof ball at kick off??? 15:52 - Sep 23 with 1477 viewsMattRichards4England

Why under every recent manager do we instantly hoof the ball out of play from kick off? Surely you’d want to have a touch of the ball if you win the toss? Hoof ball throughout the game is yet again the overriding tactic. I really hoped that would go with Mick.... but I think it’s a lack of ability thing to panic and hoof the ball.
Hoof ball at kick off??? on 16:02 - Sep 23 with 1442 viewsRobTheMonk

Mick Mills mentioned this yesterday. We never get anything out of it.
Hoof ball at kick off??? on 16:22 - Sep 23 with 1397 viewsBackToRussia

Lots of teams do it. You're not meant to put it out of touch of course.

TWTD CP. Evans Out.
Poll: Neil Young or Lynyrd Skynyrd - there is no middle ground.

Hoof ball at kick off??? on 16:55 - Sep 23 with 1359 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

Hoof ball at kick off??? on 16:02 - Sep 23 by RobTheMonk

Mick Mills mentioned this yesterday. We never get anything out of it.

Did he mention that we used do it when he was in the team too?

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

Hoof ball at kick off??? on 16:56 - Sep 23 with 1358 viewsBasuco

Most if not all teams do it.
Hoof ball at kick off??? on 17:03 - Sep 23 with 1342 viewsGarv

Every team does it pretty much. Doesn't make it right, but I think it takes the pressure off. You could start passing it around but all your players are in your own half, so unlikely to go well.

And you are so wrong about hoof ball. The one thing we didn't rely on yesterday was hoof ball. We should have gone long more often in fact. We constantly got the ball to Nolan and sometimes Edun 5 of 10 yards outside the box, the problem was we didn't have quality or movement good enough to make anything of it.

Poll: Pick a goal to win the derby in stoppage time...

Hoof ball at kick off??? on 17:27 - Sep 23 with 1293 viewsMattRichards4England

Hoof ball at kick off??? on 17:03 - Sep 23 by Garv

Every team does it pretty much. Doesn't make it right, but I think it takes the pressure off. You could start passing it around but all your players are in your own half, so unlikely to go well.

And you are so wrong about hoof ball. The one thing we didn't rely on yesterday was hoof ball. We should have gone long more often in fact. We constantly got the ball to Nolan and sometimes Edun 5 of 10 yards outside the box, the problem was we didn't have quality or movement good enough to make anything of it.

I recall a hell of a lot of hoofball from the back up to Jackson. Speaking of Nolan... one of the worst performances I’ve ever seen in a town shirt. ALMOST as bad as Chalobah in the first half x
Hoof ball at kick off??? on 17:33 - Sep 23 with 1275 viewschristiand

Is it because we are looking for terriority deep in the opponents 22 and are prepared to contest the line out? 🤔

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Hoof ball at kick off??? on 17:37 - Sep 23 with 1255 viewsDubtractor

In the first half yesterday we played long ball to a huge extent.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Login to get fewer ads

Hoof ball at kick off??? on 17:38 - Sep 23 with 1253 viewsHerbivore

First half was ridiculously hoofy, not sure what you were watching. Second half was better although we still never looked like scoring.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Hoof ball at kick off??? on 17:49 - Sep 23 with 1218 viewsGarv

Hoof ball at kick off??? on 17:27 - Sep 23 by MattRichards4England

I recall a hell of a lot of hoofball from the back up to Jackson. Speaking of Nolan... one of the worst performances I’ve ever seen in a town shirt. ALMOST as bad as Chalobah in the first half x

We were watching the same game?

Chalobah had a good first half and looked most likely to provide a telling pass forward.

Nolan takes up good positions but shows little conviction or quality when he gets the ball.

Hoof ball at kick off??? on 17:52 - Sep 23 with 1202 viewsGarv

Hoof ball at kick off??? on 17:37 - Sep 23 by Dubtractor

In the first half yesterday we played long ball to a huge extent.

First half more so, fair enough. I felt we were trying to use Jackson's pace rather than be physical to be honest. Every time Gerken had the ball he rolled short, or tried to use Pennington out wide, which worked. Chalobah played a lovely 'long' pass to an on-running Nolan at one stage which he might have done better with.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024