Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Poor show by fans 18:29 - Sep 24 with 5185 viewsbraveblue

Read so much damning of Hurst and Doug. It is 9 games!!!! We are Ipswich. We don’t sack after a handful of games. Calm down snd support your team. Accept the manager and the new players.
Poor show by fans on 22:50 - Sep 24 with 1306 viewsJ2BLUE

Poor show by fans on 20:18 - Sep 24 by Lord_Lucan

No.

It's a fecking mess. Worse than bad.

Believe though what you want.

Any chance of elaborating?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Poor show by fans on 23:08 - Sep 24 with 1277 viewsottovonbismark

I don’t seee the point in throwing in the towel after 9 games. Remember Leicester under Pearson a couple of seasons ago, couldn’t win an argument before Xmas, bottom of the prem at Xmas only to rally and produce some incredible results to stay up. The board didn’t panic after 9 games. We shouldn’t either.

What if Hurst is sacked and replaced by somebody who doesn’t get results within his first 10 game spell, sack him too?

No patience anymore.
Poor show by fans on 04:16 - Sep 25 with 1212 viewsharlingblue

I want Hurst to do well, but I am very disappointed by the way that our Academy players have been overlooked/sent out on loan, with a mass of new players brought in, I don't feel that is a poor show from the fans.
At the moment the team is Ipswich Town in name only.
I suggest that/and I hope that Hurst and Doug does watch our U23 team games and see so much talent on show, not forgetting the ones sent out on loan.
Hurst has hopefully hand picked the best players that he has had, and added players that have been good against his sides in the past in Division 1, but must not ignore our youth. Bobby Robson after a bad start, embraced it, and the rest is history.
Poor show by fans on 07:10 - Sep 25 with 1182 viewsCurrie10

Not this time from me.

You're correct, we don't sack normally, but this is the third thus far car crash manager in 4 we've had under Evans.

No point me going back under Jewell, but I supported him until near the end.

Keane, I was really excited about. On the shocking run at the start, at least we were winning quite a few of the games before the kick in the teeth in stoppage time. I could see where a win was coming from. With a win, I had a faith we could do something. We did do mid table, then we did get off and running well until a H loss by Cardiff - 3-0 from memory - and we never got back.

Supported Mick the entire of his stay.

As for Hurst, I'm sorry, he's done far too much far too quick for me.

I don't see where this first win is coming from.
I think the squad is poor.
I'm not convinced we'd back up a win, or go on a run under Hurst.

This is the first time I've ever been all over a new manager from the start. Could be the last, as I cannot imagine another manager doing so many things like this again.

We must have one of the lowest manager totals in our history for a club in the 92, which I am very proud about though.
Poor show by fans on 07:13 - Sep 25 with 1178 viewsCurrie10

Poor show by fans on 20:20 - Sep 24 by pointofblue

Sounds like a lot of people ‘in the know’ want it to get out - the club seems to be leaking like a sieve at the moment.

You mean like when the teamsheet wondered out pre Brentford game?

That doesn't happen unless things are a mess behind the scenes.
Poor show by fans on 07:18 - Sep 25 with 1177 viewsBenters2

Poor show by fans on 07:10 - Sep 25 by Currie10

Not this time from me.

You're correct, we don't sack normally, but this is the third thus far car crash manager in 4 we've had under Evans.

No point me going back under Jewell, but I supported him until near the end.

Keane, I was really excited about. On the shocking run at the start, at least we were winning quite a few of the games before the kick in the teeth in stoppage time. I could see where a win was coming from. With a win, I had a faith we could do something. We did do mid table, then we did get off and running well until a H loss by Cardiff - 3-0 from memory - and we never got back.

Supported Mick the entire of his stay.

As for Hurst, I'm sorry, he's done far too much far too quick for me.

I don't see where this first win is coming from.
I think the squad is poor.
I'm not convinced we'd back up a win, or go on a run under Hurst.

This is the first time I've ever been all over a new manager from the start. Could be the last, as I cannot imagine another manager doing so many things like this again.

We must have one of the lowest manager totals in our history for a club in the 92, which I am very proud about though.

Poor show by fans really?

17 years stuck in the same poxy league,people are right to vent their anger if they wish.

Me i think we are fkd and we will be in or around the bottom 3 all season.

That isnt aimed at you Currie10 btw,hava uppie lad.
Poor show by fans on 08:38 - Sep 25 with 1154 viewsGeoffSentence

10 games.

We also lost to League Two Exeter.

We are already adrift in the relegation zone with no realistic prospect of things getting any better.

It's time to change things before they get worse.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

Poor show by fans on 09:04 - Sep 25 with 1144 viewsartsbossbeard

I think that if we could see a discernable pattern or "A Hurst Way" there's a chance that more could buy into it.

As things stand, too many changes, the alienation of key ITFC figures and, from my own personal angle after viewing Saturday's performance, I simply don't believe the players have bought into things.

Let's start over and see what we can salvage over the coming months.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

Login to get fewer ads

Poor show by fans on 09:41 - Sep 25 with 1124 viewsbraveblue

Poor show by fans on 18:42 - Sep 24 by Mullet

Quite right.

https://www.twtd.co.uk/members/braveblue/comments/

What?
Poor show by fans on 07:33 - Sep 26 with 1053 viewsCurrie10

Poor show by fans on 09:04 - Sep 25 by artsbossbeard

I think that if we could see a discernable pattern or "A Hurst Way" there's a chance that more could buy into it.

As things stand, too many changes, the alienation of key ITFC figures and, from my own personal angle after viewing Saturday's performance, I simply don't believe the players have bought into things.

Let's start over and see what we can salvage over the coming months.

Exactly this.

It would help no ends.
Poor show by fans on 07:39 - Sep 26 with 1043 viewsBenters2

Poor show by fans on 07:33 - Sep 26 by Currie10

Exactly this.

It would help no ends.

The talking of salvaging the season already makes me feel sad.
Poor show by fans on 07:46 - Sep 26 with 1036 viewsCurrie10

Poor show by fans on 07:39 - Sep 26 by Benters2

The talking of salvaging the season already makes me feel sad.

Well, I would say it's possible we won't go down.

Think we'll be in a mini league with other guff all season though.

I suppose Hurst may learn his lesson January / next summer with 2019/20 having more promise with Hurst improving things.

However, this season right now feels a write off.

Take 21st, right now. Thanks.
Poor show by fans on 08:04 - Sep 26 with 1023 viewsMcCarthysReceder

Poor show by fans on 18:39 - Sep 24 by sticklegs

Totally agree with you. All this whinging is just totally embarrassing and systematic of the modern fickle football fan. Give fella a chance, we’ve only played nine matches. As for booing on Saturday ....in my opinion, if you’re going to do that don’t come to the game!

The concern for me is only really setting in now, this is an unforgiving league. Getting pumped by Rotherham and not being able to beat ten man Bolton surely raises the panic stakes when the likes of quality outfits like Derby WBA and Leeds are thrown into the mix.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024