Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
All aboard Hursts relegation express 15:56 - Oct 20 with 2125 viewsCheltenham_Blue

I know some of you thought Swansea was the turning point. But the reality is.....well, this is the reality. We aren’t good enough for this league, Hursts signings, with the exception of Edwards, aren’t good enough for this league, and our owner isn’t good enough for this club.

But, hey, on the bright side, we’re developing players in our academy to sell to Championship and Premier League clubs to offset Evans, “investment”.

So you know, praise him, because apparently without him we wouldn’t have a club and at that time, according to some, no one was buying football clubs.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

All aboard Hursts relegation express on 15:58 - Oct 20 with 2088 viewsblueconscience

You need to Honour Evans in that train name too, as he decided on the level of parts he was willing to invest into building the train with.

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

All aboard Hursts relegation express on 15:58 - Oct 20 with 2084 viewsJ2BLUE

Just had a quid on us at 54/1

Easy money. This ends 3-2.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

All aboard Hursts relegation express on 16:01 - Oct 20 with 2025 viewsreusersfreekicks

All aboard Hursts relegation express on 15:58 - Oct 20 by J2BLUE

Just had a quid on us at 54/1

Easy money. This ends 3-2.

Should have kept it and bough yourself something at poundland
Should be 540/1
All aboard Hursts relegation express on 16:02 - Oct 20 with 1986 viewsJ2BLUE

All aboard Hursts relegation express on 16:01 - Oct 20 by reusersfreekicks

Should have kept it and bough yourself something at poundland
Should be 540/1

I'll be going on a Poundland 55 item splurge tomorrow.

Truly impaired.

All aboard Hursts relegation express on 16:03 - Oct 20 with 1977 viewsjeera

All aboard Hursts relegation express on 15:58 - Oct 20 by blueconscience

You need to Honour Evans in that train name too, as he decided on the level of parts he was willing to invest into building the train with.

Give it a rest ffs.

You've said the same thing on every thread.

Poll: Xmas dinner: Yorkshires or not?

All aboard Hursts relegation express on 16:04 - Oct 20 with 1949 viewsreusersfreekicks

All aboard Hursts relegation express on 16:02 - Oct 20 by J2BLUE

Ha ha. Let's re-evaluate your fiscal planning at 16:50
All aboard Hursts relegation express on 16:04 - Oct 20 with 1951 viewsblueconscience

All aboard Hursts relegation express on 16:03 - Oct 20 by jeera

Give it a rest ffs.

You've said the same thing on every thread.

Just like all the pointless Hurst out threads

I just like to help people realise that the managers are the lesser problem, and will continue to do so on manager out threads.
[Post edited 20 Oct 2018 16:05]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

All aboard Hursts relegation express on 16:06 - Oct 20 with 1920 viewsjeera

All aboard Hursts relegation express on 16:04 - Oct 20 by blueconscience

I just like to help people realise that the managers are the lesser problem, and will continue to do so on manager out threads.

Just make your point then leave it man.

You do know the posters can't sack the owner don't you?

Blimey.

Login to get fewer ads

All aboard Hursts relegation express on 16:08 - Oct 20 with 1872 viewsblueconscience

All aboard Hursts relegation express on 16:06 - Oct 20 by jeera

Just make your point then leave it man.

You do know the posters can't sack the owner don't you?

Blimey.

So why create multiple manager out posts, just keep them all in one thread. Then all my responses pointing out the real problem will only be in one thread too.

All aboard Hursts relegation express on 16:08 - Oct 20 with 1871 viewsreusersfreekicks

All aboard Hursts relegation express on 16:04 - Oct 20 by blueconscience

Don't agree. Hurst is plainly out of his depth and was backed by Evans. He has made questionable appointments though all have been pretty much welcomed by fans
All aboard Hursts relegation express on 16:09 - Oct 20 with 1851 viewsjeera

All aboard Hursts relegation express on 16:08 - Oct 20 by blueconscience

So why create multiple manager out posts, just keep them all in one thread. Then all my responses pointing out the real problem will only be in one thread too.

That only works if it's the same poster you plum.

All aboard Hursts relegation express on 16:11 - Oct 20 with 1816 viewsNthsuffolkblue

All aboard Hursts relegation express on 16:02 - Oct 20 by J2BLUE

I doubt it. I very much hope you are but I really doubt it.

Those odds would have been fairer if they covered the draw too. I can't see even that happening.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

All aboard Hursts relegation express on 16:13 - Oct 20 with 1797 viewsblueconscience

All aboard Hursts relegation express on 16:08 - Oct 20 by reusersfreekicks

Don't agree. Hurst is plainly out of his depth and was backed by Evans. He has made questionable appointments though all have been pretty much welcomed by fans

Maybe selling the players to bring in his own was the wrong decision. I don’t view having to sell to buy as backing the manager personally.

You see other clubs owners actually backing their managers by letting them buy to add to and improve their squad.

All aboard Hursts relegation express on 16:17 - Oct 20 with 1758 viewsblueconscience

All aboard Hursts relegation express on 16:09 - Oct 20 by jeera

That only works if it's the same poster you plum.

How dare you call me a plum, you pineapple!!!!

All aboard Hursts relegation express on 16:21 - Oct 20 with 1697 viewsNthsuffolkblue

To take the OP points one at a time:

Many of us hoped it was a turning point. Not too sure how many were confident it was. It was not a convincing performance even if it was the monkey off the back of that first win.

I don't know if you can truly judge all of his signings yet. Edwards does not convince me. For all his skill he does not do it often enough to convince me yet. However, I have also seen some promising signs from some of the others too. Collectively I think it is a no, but how much of that is due to the manager and tactics? So far we do not seem to have developed the partnerships on the pitch all sides need.

Evans clearly does not desire that route for funding. It is clear he is genuinely annoyed about the inability to keep our academy prospects. Ultimately he is a businessman but getting a team to the Premier League has to be an ultimate goal. Failing that, operating it on an even keel in the Championship would have to be the next best option. There is a lack of entertainment to draw the fans somewhere along the lines. I wonder how close he was to offering MM another contract but that is history now.

Whatever you feel about Evans, we would still have a club without him. It would not be a Championship club and possibly not even a league one. If there was anyone serious about buying Evans out I am sure he would not be our owner now.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

All aboard Hursts relegation express on 16:35 - Oct 20 with 1572 viewsJ2BLUE

All aboard Hursts relegation express on 16:11 - Oct 20 by Nthsuffolkblue

I doubt it. I very much hope you are but I really doubt it.

Those odds would have been fairer if they covered the draw too. I can't see even that happening.

First goal coming any minute now...any minute now...

Truly impaired.

All aboard Hursts relegation express on 17:50 - Oct 20 with 1302 viewsCheltenham_Blue

All aboard Hursts relegation express on 16:21 - Oct 20 by Nthsuffolkblue

To take the OP points one at a time:

Many of us hoped it was a turning point. Not too sure how many were confident it was. It was not a convincing performance even if it was the monkey off the back of that first win.

I don't know if you can truly judge all of his signings yet. Edwards does not convince me. For all his skill he does not do it often enough to convince me yet. However, I have also seen some promising signs from some of the others too. Collectively I think it is a no, but how much of that is due to the manager and tactics? So far we do not seem to have developed the partnerships on the pitch all sides need.

Evans clearly does not desire that route for funding. It is clear he is genuinely annoyed about the inability to keep our academy prospects. Ultimately he is a businessman but getting a team to the Premier League has to be an ultimate goal. Failing that, operating it on an even keel in the Championship would have to be the next best option. There is a lack of entertainment to draw the fans somewhere along the lines. I wonder how close he was to offering MM another contract but that is history now.

Whatever you feel about Evans, we would still have a club without him. It would not be a Championship club and possibly not even a league one. If there was anyone serious about buying Evans out I am sure he would not be our owner now.

There were plenty who thought it was a turning point. One posted this evening about the intensity and intent in that game, where as I saw 3 shots on target which luckily resulted in 3 goals when Swansea could easily have scored 4 or 5 if they were wasting chances all over the place.

Do you really think Evans doesn't see the Academy as a route for funding? His own 5 point plan spells out the need to buy young players for peanuts and develop their talent. Knowing full well that we can't keep these players when the big teams come calling. As you say he is a business man, and currently, players are his 'product'.

How long do you want to leave it to 'judge' his signings? Christmas? May? League One? Have you EVER seen a manager buy an entire squad of L2 and L1 players in the space of just 6 weeks and succeed? Ever?

Its a genuine question, if you can think of a manager that made that amount of change work tell me, because I cannot think of anyone and I'm in my late 40's

When Hurst made his 6th or 7th signing from the lower leagues, I joked to people that perhaps he was a Norwich fan and was dismantling us, at the time I really was joking as I was so desperate to see something different from us. I'm not laughing about it at all now, because what Hurst has done, in the time he has done it, is absolutely terrifying for everyone connected with ITFC.

Change the manager now/don't change him I'm not sure it matters, as with this squad of players, we're gone.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

All aboard Hursts relegation express on 18:32 - Oct 20 with 1188 viewsJ2BLUE

I was going to buy batteries, shower gels, novelty Christmas chocolates and other assorted crap.

#gutted

Truly impaired.

All aboard Hursts relegation express on 18:43 - Oct 20 with 1137 viewsColin64

All aboard Hursts relegation express on 18:32 - Oct 20 by J2BLUE

I was going to buy batteries, shower gels, novelty Christmas chocolates and other assorted crap.

#gutted

After watching that dross in the first half, the second was slightly better after the subs. Could have stayed at home in the garden and achieved a dam site more! Now to make me even more miserable watching the Derby v Sheffield game on TV Mcgoldrick, Marriott, Waghorn and Lawrence show food for thought 🤔
All aboard Hursts relegation express on 19:01 - Oct 20 with 1075 viewspeterleeblue

All aboard Hursts relegation express on 18:43 - Oct 20 by Colin64

After watching that dross in the first half, the second was slightly better after the subs. Could have stayed at home in the garden and achieved a dam site more! Now to make me even more miserable watching the Derby v Sheffield game on TV Mcgoldrick, Marriott, Waghorn and Lawrence show food for thought 🤔

I was just thinking that. McGoldrick in particular seems to have found new levels of fitness!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024