Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When did your PH seeds of doubts start? 13:21 - Oct 24 with 12995 viewsartsbossbeard

I wasn't overly impressed with the warm up v Braintree. They looked the pro club and not us BUT a mate of mine WhatsApp'ed the group 15 mins into the season opener saying the set up is all wrong, he doesn't know what he is doing and he's got to go. Beat that.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 15:25 - Oct 24 with 4054 viewsjas0999

When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 13:46 - Oct 24 by WeirdFishes

For me the Blackburn game, I thought were poor and lucky to come away with a point against a league one side.

Obviously I wasn't deciding he wasn't good enough at this stage but the seed was certainly planted.

FWIW it was the Bolton game at home where I decided he has to go.

Agree with this.

Season had been poor until the Bolton game, but that dull affair where we lacked in every area was the big doubt raised for me moment.
When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 15:27 - Oct 24 with 4053 viewsRobTheMonk

Donacien not even being in the squad to accomodate other loans who don't even play.

And starting an obviously not-up-to-speed Jordan Graham.
When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 15:40 - Oct 24 with 4015 viewscasanovacrow

Is it reasonable to expect any club to try to play attractive football with better results than we had and a slowly decreasing noncompetitive budget? starting with a squad full of incompatible players on short term deals? in 1 transfer window?
I'd doubt any manager from the start if I wasn't just so relieved by the chance of doing something different than freezing my butt off watching a team park the bus.
When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 15:43 - Oct 24 with 4006 viewsHarry_Palmer

I had some doubts from the off to be honest, having watched Shrewsbury in both of their Wembley failures last season. It wasn't just that they lost, it was the style of football that they played which really did not excite me.

Like everybody else I really hoped he would prove to be a good fit for us but for so many reasons it is looking like he isn't. I think the Norwich line up was the moment where I really thought - 'Wow, this guy is completely out of his depth'.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2018 15:47]
When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 16:00 - Oct 24 with 3953 viewsIllinoisblue

when we got rid of six Championship-quality players and didn't replace them.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 16:26 - Oct 24 with 3915 viewsLankHenners

I had some worries from the start but kept them quiet due to wanting to stay positive and it being #ANewEra and all that. As hype mentioned above, the 'I believe I can manage at this level, it's no different' etc. seemed a bit off. His first presser as a whole could very easily have been a Mick speech but some drips who had been blinded so much by hate for him were pretending it was like hearing Moses himself read from the 10 Commandments. Incidentally, Hurst's 'I think just hearing a new voice will get people on side' is the most accurate thing he's said since he's been here.

Never liked him constantly wanging on about 'fitness' all the time, especially once the season had already started. This brings Evans into it as well but putting such emphasis on having a 'proper pre-season' and then signing most of the team well after the trip to Spain and into the start of the season didn't bring about much hope for the future.

I put Blackburn down to being the first game and two teams feeling each other out. Since then my faith has gone rapidly downhill. I was hoping we'd look back on Rotherham as a blip but sadly not. The changes for the Norwich came set alarm bells off that he'd blinked and had lost the courage of his convictions, and the dire performance/result at Hull was probably the moment I said 'that's it'. He needs to go soon before he can cause any more damage which is such a shame as we're now somehow below step 1 rather than being back to it.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 16:32 - Oct 24 with 3903 viewsbluefunk

When I heard his comments on getting the job, he came across as arrogant and disrespectful to senior players. I was originally willing to put that down to trying a bit too hard to make an impression but, as time has gone on, my initial thoughts seems to have been correct.

How the players can decipher what is required of them if his team talks are as rambling as his pressers, is beyond me
When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 16:44 - Oct 24 with 3876 viewsJonnosdreadlocks

Even though it was a friendly losing to Braintree was embarrassing and already had me thinking really? we should be beating a team like that even with the u18s.

Poll: An English Anthem. Wales and Scotland use their own what should England use?

Login to get fewer ads

When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 16:56 - Oct 24 with 3845 viewslinhdi

Can't beat it, but Mrs Linhdi said, as the second goal went in at Braintree, "all my dreams have already been shattered".
When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 16:58 - Oct 24 with 3829 viewsKeno

When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 16:56 - Oct 24 by linhdi

Can't beat it, but Mrs Linhdi said, as the second goal went in at Braintree, "all my dreams have already been shattered".

but thats enough of your lovelife what did she think of Hurst?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 17:07 - Oct 24 with 3804 viewsTNBlue

The day he was signed. I think our path to league one was laid out that day
When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 18:09 - Oct 24 with 3759 viewsdavblue

Derby away. I thought we were slow with the ball, created nothing and Harrison was so isolated and had the first touch of a brick wall.
When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 18:17 - Oct 24 with 3754 viewsgazzer1999

When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 13:55 - Oct 24 by FrimleyBlue

May 9th 2018 when he was mentioned as odds on favourite for the job

Said at the time I wasn't keen, to much of a Mini Mick but without the experience.
Shrewbury for all their success, struggled to score goals and I didn't feel that those tight scorelines and attempts at goal per game would be enough in this division to win games.
Hurst teams were always based on fitness, yet in this league teams are smarter, and fitness doesn't = wins. Mick even used to say we had the fittest team in the league via stats.

[Post edited 24 Oct 2018 13:58]

I couldn't agree more, should never have been let anywhere near our club, mind you neither should the dark lord or jewell. Everything I read about Shrewsbury with regard to Hurst was negative, one season wonder. This season Shrews if they got up would have been a game we might have won, (providing Hurst stayed there). I worry about tonight that if we don't lose heavily he may survive, however I fear we will lose heavily.
I have no doubt Hurst was a good manager in the lower leagues, but it is different in the Championship. I think it would be best for him and us if he went back to the lower leagues and learnt his trade further, most preferably NOT with us.
When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 18:27 - Oct 24 with 3736 viewsTexaco73

When he said he 'didn't really like cheese'.
When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 18:45 - Oct 24 with 3703 viewsKeaneish

Not when the kit man put the shirts out or the team bus pulled up in the Braintree car park?

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 19:01 - Oct 24 with 3685 viewsVic

After about 80 of the first game of the season. What I saw was a team surprisingly slow for most of that game, no real pressing, too many long balls and clearly no real threat up front. I feared for Harrison from that game on.

But, I thought, it’s early days, and if we can get this lot to gel and get some confidence we should be able to keep clear of relegation.

Real doubts started after game 4 - it wasn’t just the results or the performances, but fears that confidence would seen become an issue. Which once started would be very difficult to change.

And so it is proving.

The project could have worked had we got a couple of wins in the first few games, but without them a team with so many young players stepping up at least 1 league was always going to be difficult.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 19:13 - Oct 24 with 3664 viewsbackwiththeboysagain

Team selection against Norwich, followed by the Hull game. So many decisions he’s made are so wrong, along with some of his comments regarding players
When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 19:45 - Oct 24 with 3631 viewsCheltenham_Blue

After Exeter, Bolton was the clincher for me

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 20:11 - Oct 24 with 3606 viewsWD19

Almost everything he has done since day one has eroded my faith. Some things small, some large.....but everything pointed to a failing middle manager. In that respect he is very consistent.
When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 20:12 - Oct 24 with 3596 viewsjaykay

on 13:33 - Oct 24 by _

what when he brought skuse straight back in after injury
or the dropping of bart

forensic experts say footers and spruces fingerprints were not found at the scene after the weekends rows

When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 20:31 - Oct 24 with 3553 viewsStochesStotasBlewe

Seeds of doubt drawing at brum after being 2 goals up.

Lost 99% of faith at 3.45 last Saturday.

We have no village green, or a shop. It's very, very quiet. I can walk to the pub.

When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 21:16 - Oct 24 with 3502 viewsfloridablue

I guess when the bookies, pre season decided we were favourites for the drop. Surprised me at the time but obviously they must of had inside info!
When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 21:23 - Oct 24 with 3485 viewsCurrie10

To be honest, pre season with his comments re players.....

I posted various stuff I didn't like the looks of on here and was shot to bits.

I wasn't hugely impressed v Blackburn however a first game and time needed.

Never, ever, did I quite see THIS coming though.
When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 21:26 - Oct 24 with 3475 viewspointofblue

I can't remember when he said it but "No, we're not focusing on set pieces in training" after our obvious weakness at them had already been brutally exposed.

Though I was still backing him and hoping he'd turn it around leading up tot he QPR game but our horrific performance on Saturday was a game too far. Tonight's not been much better, if a little bit more understandable.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 21:30 - Oct 24 with 3467 viewsTheBoyBlue

Was slightly concerned by the goals for tally for Shrewsbury last season, I was desperate for us to get Jack Ross, but of course willing to support him. I still will as long as he's Town manager, but it is hard to see it lasting.

Blog: [Blog] The Homer Simpson of the Championship

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024