Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When did your PH seeds of doubts start? 13:21 - Oct 24 with 13030 viewsartsbossbeard

I wasn't overly impressed with the warm up v Braintree. They looked the pro club and not us BUT a mate of mine WhatsApp'ed the group 15 mins into the season opener saying the set up is all wrong, he doesn't know what he is doing and he's got to go. Beat that.

Please note: prior to hitting the post button, I've double checked for anything that could be construed as "Anti Semitic" and to the best of my knowledge it isn't. Anything deemed to be of a Xenophobic nature is therefore purely accidental or down to your own misconstruing.
Poll: Raining in IP8 - shall I get the washing in?

When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 21:30 - Oct 24 with 2591 viewsthebooks

The Exeter post-match interview. Ridiculous over-reaction to a meaningless result where he managed to imply the experienced players at the club weren't good enough. Dropping Bart wasn't a high point.
When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 21:33 - Oct 24 with 2584 viewsSimonds92

Shrewsbury play off final players looking for inspiration and he stood there hands behind his back accepting what was going on and never really went for it. That concerned me, the transfer dealings very much worried me, the Brentford game confirmed to me he had to go despite the second half.
When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 21:46 - Oct 24 with 2553 viewsIpswin

When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 17:07 - Oct 24 by TNBlue

The day he was signed. I think our path to league one was laid out that day

As a Grimsby Town fan (don't laugh, please) exiled here in Ipswich for nearly 40 years I didn't know whether to laugh at you or cry for you when Hurst was appointed.
As someone whose team suffered for 6 years from his total lack of tactical guile, failure to have a Plan B, stubbornness, self importance and refusal to admit his mistakes I feel for you lot.
After throwing away the chance to get automatic promotion back into the football league (after 5 pathetic seasons) and losing the first leg of the playoff semi at home to Braintree Hurst deservedly came in for a lot of heavy criticism (comes with the job surely)
Basically he threw his dummy out and, after being rescued by a superb team performance in the second leg and finally winning a Wembley play off final appearance, he strode along the touchline cupping his ear to the fans.
A few months later after breaking up the promotion squad he left the club to go to Shrewsbury just two days after his mate Doig was put up to speak to the press and totally deny they were leaving.
You are welcome to him, for your sake I hope the Ipswich tradition of sticking by managers will not apply in this case. If not we'll see you in Div 2 in two years.
BTW Toto is a disaster waiting to happen but despite his dodgy start I rate Jon Nolan
When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 21:53 - Oct 24 with 2534 viewsBueller

I would say just after the Villa game. Was there for that and we played very well against a good Villa team, we even could have won that game despite the sending off. Chalobah was excellent, great passing and attacking well down the wing.

After that it was just all over the place formation and selection wise in the games that followed, just gave the impression he was throwing darts in the dark hoping for a bullseye.
When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 22:17 - Oct 24 with 2493 viewspatrickswell

Warning signs flashed with some of his early comments in the media. I was at the Blackburn game and we showed nothing from the time that Blackburn equalised until Ben Morris was brought on. But it was the 48 hours around the Norwich game that led me to conclude that relegation was a genuine threat. I was livid that Woolfenden, Nydam, Morris and Emmanuel had all been pushed out. - the latter in order to “gain the experience you need” and which he clearly didn’t get when playing his part in helping Rotherham win promotion at Hurst’s expense last season. Failure to win that game after failing to win all the others before left me realising that this wasn’t going to be a fairytale at all. It’s been garbage since the Hull game really, and what’s worse is that so many of his own signings look bewildered and inhibited out there.
When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 22:33 - Oct 24 with 2471 views78blue

The moment he brought on Walters against Bolton.

35 and played two games all season and just back from injury.

We know the rest.

Bonkers
When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 22:39 - Oct 24 with 2472 viewsWestStanderLaLaLa

When I realised Donacien was playing CB. Played out of position whilst making a big step up in class and he’d only signed a few days earlier seemed like poor decision making.

Poll: Your favourite thing about THAT goal?

When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 22:59 - Oct 24 with 2437 viewsChe

Not moving to the area and listening to one of his first interviews, he lacked any charisma seemed to have no interests in life other then walking the dog and watching TV.
I kept my thoughts to myself until after first four games I was talking to a good friend who had heard the same interview and thought the same.
He must bore the pants off the players.
Login to get fewer ads

When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 23:00 - Oct 24 with 2437 viewswkj

When we signed Jackson

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 23:31 - Oct 24 with 2397 viewssouthnorfolkblue

When he called out the players after the Exeter match. The words Roy Keane started to go through my head.

I’ve not got involved in the Hurst in/out debate until now, because I’m not one for calling for a managers head at the best of times, let alone after 15 games but I’m convinced that we are going down if he stays in charge (we may be doomed anyway). The only reason for sticking with him is if you think that we will come back stronger under him in the longer term. I don’t see it I’m afraid. The guy is out of his depth and needs to be put out of his misery.

Poll: Our final position

When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 23:46 - Oct 24 with 2380 viewsRoyKeanesDog

When he bottled the Play Off FInal with Shrewsbury.

Poll: Best Football Song

When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 23:52 - Oct 24 with 2371 viewsPrideOfTheEast

First time I saw us under him - Barnet.
When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 00:17 - Oct 25 with 2355 viewsrgp1

When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 16:44 - Oct 24 by Jonnosdreadlocks

Even though it was a friendly losing to Braintree was embarrassing and already had me thinking really? we should be beating a team like that even with the u18s.

I was at Braintree and myself alongside many others on here we're really concerned about how easily we got turned over by a conference side.
When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 05:11 - Oct 25 with 2292 viewsSomethingBlue

The starting XI against Norwich rang big alarm bells for me. We performed respectably on the day but there seemed a wider significance to such an early overhaul.

Blog: The Way Back From Here Will Be Long, But There is a Way

When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 06:09 - Oct 25 with 2267 viewsgordon

The comments after the Braintree friendly were classless, arrogant and at a fundamental level he's always sounded pretty thick and selfish to me. As soon as I watched press conferences of him in action at Shrewsbury when it looked like he was coming I thought oh great here we go again.
When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 06:38 - Oct 25 with 2261 viewsSE1blue

When he announced “some of the players are not as good as I’m being told they are”. Can’t rememebr when it was but not long after his arrival.

This toxic Keane-esque comment put every player under suspicion and seemed to jar against what we had been sold about his personality and approach on arrival...a nurturing family man who would pull us all back together again.

Not only did this statement suggest players weren’t good enough but that some of the coaching staff have no clue what they’re doing either.

If there is one shining light that hasn’t gone out yet at our club, it’s the work Klug and his staff do raising quality young players. If he, or others, were to leave because of the current set-up then all our identity would be lost.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2018 6:43]

Poll: Should VAR be scrapped?
Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 06:44 - Oct 25 with 2255 viewsgordon

When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 06:38 - Oct 25 by SE1blue

When he announced “some of the players are not as good as I’m being told they are”. Can’t rememebr when it was but not long after his arrival.

This toxic Keane-esque comment put every player under suspicion and seemed to jar against what we had been sold about his personality and approach on arrival...a nurturing family man who would pull us all back together again.

Not only did this statement suggest players weren’t good enough but that some of the coaching staff have no clue what they’re doing either.

If there is one shining light that hasn’t gone out yet at our club, it’s the work Klug and his staff do raising quality young players. If he, or others, were to leave because of the current set-up then all our identity would be lost.
[Post edited 25 Oct 2018 6:43]

I think to be fair to Hurst, while he is completely useless, lots of the supposed positives aspects we've seemingly been cheated out of were just conjured up out of the blind optimism on here before it became apparent what a tool he is.
When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 07:26 - Oct 25 with 2218 viewsblueconscience

When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 21:30 - Oct 24 by TheBoyBlue

Was slightly concerned by the goals for tally for Shrewsbury last season, I was desperate for us to get Jack Ross, but of course willing to support him. I still will as long as he's Town manager, but it is hard to see it lasting.

You honestly think Jack Ross would do any better under Evans?

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 07:31 - Oct 25 with 2212 viewsgordon

When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 07:26 - Oct 25 by blueconscience

You honestly think Jack Ross would do any better under Evans?

I'm pretty sure that with the squad we had at the end of last season where we finished 12th, finishing bottom wasn't a foregone conclusion.
When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 07:55 - Oct 25 with 2188 viewsSE1blue

When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 06:44 - Oct 25 by gordon

I think to be fair to Hurst, while he is completely useless, lots of the supposed positives aspects we've seemingly been cheated out of were just conjured up out of the blind optimism on here before it became apparent what a tool he is.

Hmmmm. I’m referring to what he told us about himself in his first interview.

Saying what he said was so divisive and stupid knowing what he knew about the atmosphere that ended MM’s role.

He said it so early on too - maybe after two or three games. On that basis, after 14 games, I can now say the same about his tenure ‘some of managers we have are not as good as I was told they were’.

I had so much hope for him but there’s not a shred left now.

Poll: Should VAR be scrapped?
Blog: D-I-V-O-R-C-E

When did your PH seeds of doubts start? on 08:23 - Oct 25 with 2153 viewstrncbluearmy

when I watched shrewsbury play off game, saw how crap Shrewsbury were,how he did not seem to care from the touchline and how bloody useless nolan was
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024