Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chambers, Squad 12:06 - Oct 26 with 2463 viewsLanky

"Town skipper Luke Chambers called the squad, who had been given the day off, to Playford Road yesterday afternoon as news of Hurst’s departure was breaking.

Questioned on what was behind that meeting, Klug said: “You’d have to ask him that. I’m guessing that’s showing that the players are caring, I don’t know what the meeting was about. I did see them in, I wasn’t expecting them in.

“In other sports they will have a lot more say than in football, it’s not generally acknowledged that players will have a big say but if they feel they need to get a few things out in the open that’s fine by me. I’m guessing that might have been what happened, I don’t know.”"

Interesting.. a positive?
Chambers, Squad on 12:13 - Oct 26 with 2371 viewsBlueBadger

I think it speaks volumes for Chambers' character, professionalism and commitment to ITFC in how he's been trying to maintain squad morale. That his first thought was to try and generate some team togetherness in the wake of the last 24 hours' news is exceptional.
Why some people still call for him to be shipped out is beyond me.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2018 13:45]

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Chambers, Squad on 12:13 - Oct 26 with 2369 viewsGuthrum

Outstanding piece of captaincy, I think. Rallying the troops at a time of crisis when they (and we) most need it. Klug (tomorrow) and Lambert need all the help from the players they can get.

Would be more concerned if they were all sat at home looking glum, or just a blasé lack of care.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Chambers, Squad on 12:51 - Oct 26 with 2109 viewsMarshalls_Mullet

Chambers, Squad on 12:13 - Oct 26 by Guthrum

Outstanding piece of captaincy, I think. Rallying the troops at a time of crisis when they (and we) most need it. Klug (tomorrow) and Lambert need all the help from the players they can get.

Would be more concerned if they were all sat at home looking glum, or just a blasé lack of care.

Agree.

I imagine it was a case of...

....hes gone, lets start a fresh and get ready for the fight ahead.

Good lad Chambo.

Poll: Would Lambert have acheived better results than Cook if given the same resources

Chambers, Squad on 13:02 - Oct 26 with 2021 viewsReuser_is_God

Chambers, Squad on 12:13 - Oct 26 by BlueBadger

I think it speaks volumes for Chambers' character, professionalism and commitment to ITFC in how he's been trying to maintain squad morale. That his first thought was to try and generate some team togetherness in the wake of the last 24 hours' news is exceptional.
Why some people still call for him to be shipped out is beyond me.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2018 13:45]

I still can't believe he was a few hours away from being allowed to leave in January 2017.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Chambers, Squad on 13:03 - Oct 26 with 2022 viewsFixed_It

I suspected Chambo would have been behind this. We are lucky to have a captain like him at this time. Good man.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Chambers, Squad on 11:56 - Oct 27 with 1615 viewseddiespearitt03

If only we really knew what went on at this club.
Chambers, Squad on 12:08 - Oct 27 with 1563 viewsRyorry

Quite, particularly with so many youngsters and newbies in.

Think they'll respond v. well and we'll see a lot of passion and fight on the pitch this afty.

Poll: Why can't/don't we protest like the French do? 🤔

Chambers, Squad on 12:27 - Oct 27 with 1474 viewsSarge

What saddens me is he’s still going to get it in the neck, like he does every week, from the mug at PR who sits in the coop stand near the tunnel. I’m sure someone must know him, giant man child, wears a snapback which he’s about 20years too old for and is generally a cretin. If anyone does know him, kindly ask him to never come back?
Login to get fewer ads

Chambers, Squad on 12:49 - Oct 27 with 1416 viewschristiand

He might not be the best player, but as a captain he does show some excellent leadership skills.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2018 12:50]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024