Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
10 reasons why we should be in L1 23:42 - Nov 28 with 2454 viewsMattRichards4England

1. Jordan Spence.

2. Tatty, ugly stadium. Why hasn’t the outside been cleaned in 20 years!? Who’s in charge of maintaining this place!? Christ.. if you’re in the North Lower then I don’t even need to mention the bar/toilets.

3. The beer... warm IPA or flat Fosters at nearly £5 a pint. Good selection! Served kindly by a gang of brain-dead orks.

4. Martyn Waghorn is still the face of our kit advert at half time!? Ffs come on.

5. We are never going to be happy. I genuinely think if we were mid-table under Hurst we’d still be disappointed to not be closer to the playoffs. Anyone alive and reading this now... you will NEVER see ITFC in the premier league again... so we may as well enjoy being everyone’s big day out in L1, rather than a minnow in the Champ.

6. We’re a team that has 10,000 fans in the area who are available to go to games.. but only willing to turn up if the tickets are almost free. Poor from the owner, poor from the fans.

7. I can’t name one player in that starting lineup tonight that’d get anywhere near ANY other team in this league.

8. We’ve been here over 15 years fgs. Is anyone else slightly bored of the same fixture list, losing to the same teams year after year? Talk about outstaying our welcome.

9. At this rate we need 5-6 first team, championship quality players to keep us up... have you got any idea what that costs in today’s market!? We’d literally have to change owner for this to become a reality.

10. Our corners and freekicks... It goes against the law of averages to be this bad at set-pieces over such a long period of time.

Peterborough, Southend... potentially Colch and MK. Away days that will actually be a laugh so it’s not all bad x
10 reasons why we should be in L1 on 00:05 - Nov 29 with 2314 viewsstringy

Not that we have much say in the matter, but going down would be a disaster.

a) a team relegated would have their nerves shot

b) you just know as fans we'd expect to walk it and could crash and burn in our arrogance & those local-ish teams/fans would *love* to rub it in our faces (recall that home loss against Cambridge in the 90's with the Norwich fans in their end...)

c) Man City bounced back but had mad support and money; we have neither

grim beyond belief
10 reasons why we should be in L1 on 00:12 - Nov 29 with 2275 viewsAnewHop

7. Skuse. That’s pretty fooking depressing isn’t it
10 reasons why we should be in L1 on 00:13 - Nov 29 with 2271 viewsStNeotsBlue

Regarding point 6, I live 75 miles away and there are three of us who attend regularly but on the back of the WBA promotion we managed to get ten down.
10 reasons why we should be in L1 on 00:20 - Nov 29 with 2234 viewsMelford

3. Beer in any football stadium is overpriced, crap and served like that.
2. The stadium is OK, it's a proper old school 4 stand ground. Better than soulless out of town bowls and the ***tholes we'll be visiting next season.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

10 reasons why we should be in L1 on 00:25 - Nov 29 with 2205 viewsLeagueOne

10 reasons why we should be in L1 on 00:05 - Nov 29 by stringy

Not that we have much say in the matter, but going down would be a disaster.

a) a team relegated would have their nerves shot

b) you just know as fans we'd expect to walk it and could crash and burn in our arrogance & those local-ish teams/fans would *love* to rub it in our faces (recall that home loss against Cambridge in the 90's with the Norwich fans in their end...)

c) Man City bounced back but had mad support and money; we have neither

grim beyond belief

We wouldn't come straight back up, the resources and infrastructure isn't there anymore let alone the fanbase who will evaporate when we are in the third tier.

It's time to make the best of it.
Poll: Would you leave TWTD if political threads were banned?

10 reasons why we should be in L1 on 08:03 - Nov 29 with 1896 viewsbrazil1982

2) good lord, have you been to Accrington?
10 reasons why we should be in L1 on 08:07 - Nov 29 with 1878 viewsBluefish

10 reasons why we should be in L1 on 00:20 - Nov 29 by Melford

3. Beer in any football stadium is overpriced, crap and served like that.
2. The stadium is OK, it's a proper old school 4 stand ground. Better than soulless out of town bowls and the ***tholes we'll be visiting next season.

I stopped reading at number 2, clearly another sky generation that thinks stadium should be soulless bowls on the outskirts of town

Poll: Who has performed the worst but oddly loved the most?
Blog: [Blog] Long Live King George

10 reasons why we should be in L1 on 08:19 - Nov 29 with 1818 viewsSlambo

We have a fantastic ground, what're you on about...

UPPA TOWEN!
Blog: Consumer Rights

Login to get fewer ads

10 reasons why we should be in L1 on 08:35 - Nov 29 with 1764 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

2. You what? Our ground is one of the best things about our club right now. Easily a top 10 ground in the division and I say that putting my blue tinted specs aside

(1. Hillsborough, 2. Villa Park, 3. Elland Road, 4. Loftus Road, 5. Bramall Lane, 6. Ewood Park, 7. Portman Road if you’re asking)

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

10 reasons why we should be in L1 on 08:46 - Nov 29 with 1723 viewsBerlinBlue

2. Yes, the stadium exterior needs cleaning. Should have been done long ago.
3. Agree, overpriced, bad beer. Rather harsh on the staff though.
4. Yes, lazy really.
5. Never see us in the top flight again? Look at Norwich when they got relegated to L1. I bet lots of their fans were thinking the same, and we know what happened there. And look at them this season.
6. A lot of people don't have the money to spend on a ticket. 25 quid is a lot. I've said it before, football has become a rip-off past-time. Tickets, merchandise, food, drink. It drives people away.
7. Really?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024