Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Football manager thread 07:58 - Dec 4 with 13279 viewsZakk

Just football manager thread, just started with Ipswich, brought in 3 players, Peter crouch, Liam Palmer and Patrice evra on a free, only played 3 games drew with Blackburn and beat Rotherham and beat Macclesfield in the cup 4-2 any one else playing?
Football manager thread on 15:23 - Jan 8 with 2913 viewsZakk

on 14:31 - Jan 8 by _

I like the idea of starting right at the bottom but I wanted to manage Ipswich so I just started there, may have to try that next time, what’s Lankester like on your save? Struggling to give him game time on mine and had been tempted to release him, don’t want to though, only sort of academy players I could get playing was ted bish who plays for me here and there when resting my midfield and Andre Dozzell who starts most games for me..

Trying to get my academy up to cat 1 but Marcus Evans is having none of it at the moment, I’d like to bring through my own players soon
on 15:30 - Jan 8 with 2907 views_

Football manager thread on 15:23 - Jan 8 by Zakk

I like the idea of starting right at the bottom but I wanted to manage Ipswich so I just started there, may have to try that next time, what’s Lankester like on your save? Struggling to give him game time on mine and had been tempted to release him, don’t want to though, only sort of academy players I could get playing was ted bish who plays for me here and there when resting my midfield and Andre Dozzell who starts most games for me..

Trying to get my academy up to cat 1 but Marcus Evans is having none of it at the moment, I’d like to bring through my own players soon

Football manager thread on 15:38 - Jan 8 with 2901 viewsZakk

on 15:30 - Jan 8 by _

I bet, i had a bit of luck with McKendry first season but once promoted wasn’t good enough and have loaned him out both seasons same with Downes, any luck with him? Dozzell I loaned out first season to Portsmouth and he’s come back a hellava player for me, I have clubs circling him all year so going to try keep hold of him in the summer, I have just noticed Norwich are top if the champ on mine and have a youngster scoring for fun and playing for England u19 trying to sign him at the moment, think he’ll be a good signing for me and made even sweeter taking him from them!
on 15:39 - Jan 8 with 2900 views_

Football manager thread on 15:38 - Jan 8 by Zakk

I bet, i had a bit of luck with McKendry first season but once promoted wasn’t good enough and have loaned him out both seasons same with Downes, any luck with him? Dozzell I loaned out first season to Portsmouth and he’s come back a hellava player for me, I have clubs circling him all year so going to try keep hold of him in the summer, I have just noticed Norwich are top if the champ on mine and have a youngster scoring for fun and playing for England u19 trying to sign him at the moment, think he’ll be a good signing for me and made even sweeter taking him from them!

Football manager thread on 15:45 - Jan 8 with 2897 viewsBlueBlood90

I got promoted in the first season. I signed Gary Madine on loan from Cardiff and he scored 21 goals. Andre Dozzell's value went from £500k in value to £12m in the first season. Emyr Huws and Jon Nolan also ended up really good. Bart and Knudsen will probably want to leave in January too.

Poll: How many points will we get from Coventry and Huddersfield?

Football manager thread on 16:20 - Jan 8 with 2879 viewsCanadianBlue

Have recently started an Ipswich Academy only save. Home-grown Ipswich players only (either listed in game or known former Academy). Currently midtable Prem, took two seasons to get promoted.

Re-signed Michael Crowe, Matt Clarke, Tommy Smith, Jack Marriott and Connor Wickham. Dozzell, Nydam and Downes in the middle of a 4-3-2-1 DM formation.

Nice little challenge to undertake.
Football manager thread on 16:40 - Jan 8 with 2869 viewstractorboy2000

Managed to finish second in my first season, kept largely the same squad but signed Nketiah on loan from Arsenal in January who managed to get me over the line, Spence won fans' player of the year which made me smile.

Signed Grealish, Assombalonga and a few others in the summer and managed to finish 9th in my first season in the Prem which gave me a nice budget to work with this summer.

Weirdest thing I've seen on my save so far is Pochettino being sacked by Tottenham and then being appointed by Preston, granted they were in the Prem.

Poll: Which goal was better?
Blog: Views of a Young(ish) Town Fan

Football manager thread on 07:28 - Jan 9 with 2791 viewsZakk

Football manager thread on 16:40 - Jan 8 by tractorboy2000

Managed to finish second in my first season, kept largely the same squad but signed Nketiah on loan from Arsenal in January who managed to get me over the line, Spence won fans' player of the year which made me smile.

Signed Grealish, Assombalonga and a few others in the summer and managed to finish 9th in my first season in the Prem which gave me a nice budget to work with this summer.

Weirdest thing I've seen on my save so far is Pochettino being sacked by Tottenham and then being appointed by Preston, granted they were in the Prem.

What’s grealish like for you? I need to sign a few players in the summer as I qualified for europa league.

What’s everyone record transfer fee spent - think mine 16.5 mil
Login to get fewer ads

Football manager thread on 11:11 - Apr 8 with 2564 viewsZakk

Football manager thread on 07:28 - Jan 9 by Zakk

What’s grealish like for you? I need to sign a few players in the summer as I qualified for europa league.

What’s everyone record transfer fee spent - think mine 16.5 mil

Bump this up be interesting to see what people have done, I started a new save, started at chippingham, got them promoted first season to the national league, then moved on to aldershot, signed Ben Morris on loan and he was on fire for me, scored 18 from left midfield as we won the national league, second season was a bit more difficult, brought in Danny Rowe on a permanent and loaned in Flynn Downes.. signed simmonds on a free from Man City and he was awesome, made play offs and got myself promoted before moving on to derby who has been relegated from the championship along with Ipswich! :( won league one with them and got a move to Torino! Currently sitting 4th having just beaten juventus 1-0! Want to see how many clubs I can move through..
Football manager thread on 11:21 - Apr 8 with 2539 viewsKieran_Knows

Football manager thread on 11:11 - Apr 8 by Zakk

Bump this up be interesting to see what people have done, I started a new save, started at chippingham, got them promoted first season to the national league, then moved on to aldershot, signed Ben Morris on loan and he was on fire for me, scored 18 from left midfield as we won the national league, second season was a bit more difficult, brought in Danny Rowe on a permanent and loaned in Flynn Downes.. signed simmonds on a free from Man City and he was awesome, made play offs and got myself promoted before moving on to derby who has been relegated from the championship along with Ipswich! :( won league one with them and got a move to Torino! Currently sitting 4th having just beaten juventus 1-0! Want to see how many clubs I can move through..

I finally got a new laptop and FM19 a month or so ago. I started as FC Luzern in Switzerland (I'm visiting this summer), and it's been a very enjoyable save so far. Young Boys are absolutely dominating, although I did manage to win the title in the 3rd season by beating Young Boys away on the last day to clinch the title! Them and Basel spend money like it's going out of fashion.

Now in to the 4th season and currently sit top by 3 points going in to the Winter break. I have also just took over the Swiss national side so looking forward to that too!

Poll: We’ve got super KM, he knows exactly what we need. Woolfie at the back…

Football manager thread on 11:33 - Apr 8 with 2511 viewsitfcjoe

Football manager thread on 11:21 - Apr 8 by Kieran_Knows

I finally got a new laptop and FM19 a month or so ago. I started as FC Luzern in Switzerland (I'm visiting this summer), and it's been a very enjoyable save so far. Young Boys are absolutely dominating, although I did manage to win the title in the 3rd season by beating Young Boys away on the last day to clinch the title! Them and Basel spend money like it's going out of fashion.

Now in to the 4th season and currently sit top by 3 points going in to the Winter break. I have also just took over the Swiss national side so looking forward to that too!

I've started an Ajax save, just focussing on signing young players.

The league is an absolute piece of p155, I drew 1 and lost 1 of my opening 3 games - but then dropped another 4 points all season. Had a massive fixture pile up at end of the season and ended up losing in Champions League semi final. Had 4 qualifying rounds to even get into group stage so was a long slog. Lost to PSV in Dutch Cup final which was annoying.

This year my league form is largely similar - it's March and I've drawn 1 and lost 2 games - my GD is basically +3 per game played, if not higher.

Had a shocker in 2nd round of CL against Benfica, had 2 men sent off, including De Ligt early doors and lost 3-0. Won the return leg 4-1 but just couldn't find that 5th and out on away goals. I'm 21 points clear at the top of the table and in Dutch Cup Semi.

I just don't bother selling any good players, bar De Jong who had a pre arranged one - have had bids of £40m for De Ligt but got him on a long contract - just sign 7 or 8 teenagers a year and go from there.

Ideally want to turn them into Europe's most dominant club, but will always be difficult as the big clubs dwarf me budget wise - I have starters and full Dutch internationals earning about £10-12k a week - no one is on more than £40k

Poll: Club vs country? What would you choose
Blog: What is Going on With the Academy at Ipswich Town?

Football manager thread on 12:03 - Apr 8 with 2481 viewsKieran_Knows

Football manager thread on 11:33 - Apr 8 by itfcjoe

I've started an Ajax save, just focussing on signing young players.

The league is an absolute piece of p155, I drew 1 and lost 1 of my opening 3 games - but then dropped another 4 points all season. Had a massive fixture pile up at end of the season and ended up losing in Champions League semi final. Had 4 qualifying rounds to even get into group stage so was a long slog. Lost to PSV in Dutch Cup final which was annoying.

This year my league form is largely similar - it's March and I've drawn 1 and lost 2 games - my GD is basically +3 per game played, if not higher.

Had a shocker in 2nd round of CL against Benfica, had 2 men sent off, including De Ligt early doors and lost 3-0. Won the return leg 4-1 but just couldn't find that 5th and out on away goals. I'm 21 points clear at the top of the table and in Dutch Cup Semi.

I just don't bother selling any good players, bar De Jong who had a pre arranged one - have had bids of £40m for De Ligt but got him on a long contract - just sign 7 or 8 teenagers a year and go from there.

Ideally want to turn them into Europe's most dominant club, but will always be difficult as the big clubs dwarf me budget wise - I have starters and full Dutch internationals earning about £10-12k a week - no one is on more than £40k

Very good stuff. I really enjoy saves like that where you take over clubs in 'lesser' European countries and try and get them to dominate Europe. Had a save like that with PSV 2-3 FM's ago and took me the best part of 6-7 seasons before I actually won a European competition.

Last year I done the same with Austria Vienna, and again I struggled for 6-7 years in Europe before winning it.

As I say, at the minute I'm with Luzern in Switzerland in the 4th season and I've struggled every year I've been in Europe so far (2 years I think). Even against other 'lesser; leagues such as Portugal I've really struggled, but that's what makes it a fun save IMO. Less TV/prize money in these leagues and you have to almost buy to sell/hope you get good players through the youth system to sell on and re-invest.

Football manager thread on 12:19 - Apr 8 with 2462 viewsZakk

Football manager thread on 12:03 - Apr 8 by Kieran_Knows

Very good stuff. I really enjoy saves like that where you take over clubs in 'lesser' European countries and try and get them to dominate Europe. Had a save like that with PSV 2-3 FM's ago and took me the best part of 6-7 seasons before I actually won a European competition.

Last year I done the same with Austria Vienna, and again I struggled for 6-7 years in Europe before winning it.

As I say, at the minute I'm with Luzern in Switzerland in the 4th season and I've struggled every year I've been in Europe so far (2 years I think). Even against other 'lesser; leagues such as Portugal I've really struggled, but that's what makes it a fun save IMO. Less TV/prize money in these leagues and you have to almost buy to sell/hope you get good players through the youth system to sell on and re-invest.

I thinking about staying with Torino and trying to make them a force in Serie A then Europe and see what jobs come my way.. signed a few youngsters, ojo from Liverpool, brought Chong in on loan, and trev Chalobah.. so far so good and they have already extended my contract for 2 years so looks like I’ll be given the chance to create a team.. looking forward to it, just need to find a young striker to take over from zaza
Football manager thread on 12:23 - Apr 8 with 2456 viewsitfcjoe

I want a really difficult challenge - something like Bilbao where it is coded that you can only sign Basque players.

Maybe a really small league like the Welsh one and limit yourself to those who have some for of Welsh nationality and see if you can get into CL group stage

Football manager thread on 12:25 - Apr 8 with 2450 viewsKieran_Knows

Football manager thread on 12:23 - Apr 8 by itfcjoe

I want a really difficult challenge - something like Bilbao where it is coded that you can only sign Basque players.

Maybe a really small league like the Welsh one and limit yourself to those who have some for of Welsh nationality and see if you can get into CL group stage

Yes, that's a very good challenge. Start off with some really good players too.

The pentagon challenge is also a very decent one. Have wanted to try it in the past, got never got round to it.

Football manager thread on 12:47 - Apr 8 with 2422 viewsitfcjoe

Football manager thread on 12:25 - Apr 8 by Kieran_Knows

Yes, that's a very good challenge. Start off with some really good players too.

The pentagon challenge is also a very decent one. Have wanted to try it in the past, got never got round to it.

I don't like changing clubs in a challenge, like to stick it out

Football manager thread on 12:49 - Apr 8 with 2417 viewsKieran_Knows

Football manager thread on 12:47 - Apr 8 by itfcjoe

I don't like changing clubs in a challenge, like to stick it out

Same. I always have 1 team saves, but have just always wanted to try the pentagon challenge and see how long it took.

Had a very enjoyable save back in FM12/13 where I changed clubs every 2-3 years to win every title in Europe. Ended up finishing it in Russia in about 2060! Since then though it has always just been 1 team.

Football manager thread on 12:54 - Apr 8 with 2404 viewsReuser_is_God

I think it was 03/04 I got Hibs to Uefa Cup semi final.

Linvoy Primus, Julio Arca & Francis Jeffers my best players.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Football manager thread on 13:02 - Apr 8 with 2389 viewsZakk

Football manager thread on 12:54 - Apr 8 by Reuser_is_God

Any suggestions for a striker playing up top on his own? Zaza is 30 now and although scoring goals I prefer to sign a young player and possible sell off for big money later on?
Football manager thread on 13:20 - Apr 8 with 2373 viewsBiGDonnie

Football manager thread on 12:49 - Apr 8 by Kieran_Knows

Same. I always have 1 team saves, but have just always wanted to try the pentagon challenge and see how long it took.

Had a very enjoyable save back in FM12/13 where I changed clubs every 2-3 years to win every title in Europe. Ended up finishing it in Russia in about 2060! Since then though it has always just been 1 team.

Start a new one now after the winter update. Town are a proper challenge. Finished about 18th first season, now 2nd with 8 games to go in the second.

Max Broughton from Bolton.
Pelayo Morilla from Sporting Gijon.

Sign them two 16 year olds and your game is set.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Football manager thread on 13:23 - Apr 8 with 2371 viewsKieran_Knows

Football manager thread on 12:54 - Apr 8 by Reuser_is_God

Cherno Samba ... no?

Football manager thread on 13:26 - Apr 8 with 2369 viewsReuser_is_God

Football manager thread on 13:23 - Apr 8 by Kieran_Knows

Cherno Samba ... no?

Couldn't afford him.

Evans out
Poll: Are Burgers the new Cheese?

Football manager thread on 13:33 - Apr 8 with 2361 viewsKieran_Knows

Football manager thread on 13:20 - Apr 8 by BiGDonnie

Start a new one now after the winter update. Town are a proper challenge. Finished about 18th first season, now 2nd with 8 games to go in the second.

I tried signing Pelayo Morilla in my Luzern save but blew all my budget on Dejan Joveljic (who has been worth it mind). By the time I could afford Morilla he had signed a new contract and his buyout was up to £25m!
[Post edited 8 Apr 2019 13:36]

Football manager thread on 13:33 - Apr 8 with 2360 viewsKieran_Knows

Football manager thread on 13:26 - Apr 8 by Reuser_is_God

Couldn't afford him.

Legend.

Football manager thread on 13:36 - Apr 8 with 2354 viewsitfcjoe

Football manager thread on 13:20 - Apr 8 by BiGDonnie

I've got that Morilla at my Ajax save, but am thinking of jacking that in and starting something more difficult.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024