Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
How good is lambert really... 08:14 - Jan 21 with 9993 viewskeanekipper

First of all i will say im happy he is here and committed to next season, as the club needs some stability during our impending relegation.

Lambert is definitely very good off the field and that is where is we have seen the improvment in ipswich since he arrived, but on the field there really hasnt been any improvment bar passing the ball more in posistions that dont affect the game. There have been postive periods in a few games where you can see and imagine what the future could be like, but im thinking by now we should be seeing more than a few periods of good play in what is now a good sample size of games.

Am i being harsh considering the mess he inherited, to expect him to have judged the squad and figure out a more effective way of playing to get points, to me it seems he's not managing to the situation and trying to play a style of football which doesnt suit the players we have in both ability and confidence.

Maybe im just overly down on us at the minute, roll on the summer!!!!
How good is lambert really... on 20:48 - Jan 21 with 841 viewswarkthisway

No better than the last 4- we need to take the Watford route

bentnkuqi

How good is lambert really... on 21:47 - Jan 21 with 808 viewsMach_foreignBlue

How good is lambert really... on 20:28 - Jan 21 by LankHenners

Ah yes I forgot the only two ways to judge people are ‘untouchable’ or ‘totally at fault’.

Trying to pin the club’s problems on those three players is laughable even by your standards.

They haven't been performing well. Take your blinkers off and you might spot it too. You are one of those who get teary every time when they are criticised.
How good is lambert really... on 22:15 - Jan 21 with 777 viewsLankHenners

How good is lambert really... on 21:47 - Jan 21 by Mach_foreignBlue

They haven't been performing well. Take your blinkers off and you might spot it too. You are one of those who get teary every time when they are criticised.

Yeah I think they've been fantastic. So great we're bottom of the league. Excellent. Outstanding.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

How good is lambert really... on 22:46 - Jan 21 with 758 viewshenley07

How good is lambert really... on 08:48 - Jan 21 by ElephantintheRoom

On the evidence of his recent jobs - not very good at all. But Town were grasping at straws having stabbed Hurst in the back almost as soon as he got his feet under the desk. Lambert's hands are tied this season - and if you exclude his excellent PR, his management technique has been a bit iffy to say the least. Rubbishing the players he inherited whilst making them worse, rubbishing them again and replacing them with highly questionable short-term duds within a week of declaring short termism madness. It would have been nice to see him manage this season with what he inherited or were out on loan. Or if he had a clear plan of action that didn't look like a cheaper version of MM. His obsession with physicality is not overly impressive either in an era when skill and ability is somewhat important. Give him time. Hopefully he will cut down the soundbites and gimmicks and start managing some time soon. Be interesting to see if anything is said about a plan when Milne exits at the end of the month (if he hasn't gone already).

Disagree with almost everything you've said there I'm afraid.
How good is lambert really... on 08:30 - Jan 22 with 681 viewsArnieM

How good is lambert really... on 10:46 - Jan 21 by HARRY10

I think he is someone we have been needing for quite a while.

He's not a miracle worker and the problems go far deeper than just turning round a poorly performing squad. The whole club has been quietly rotting from the inside for years. The squad he inherited is evidence of that.
Unless we can see the actual amounts coming into the club and going out isft is hard to judge what decisions were 'forced upon MM or Hurst.

I suspect that it was financial constraint that saw us crunch through so many old has beens looking for their last paysay. Some of whom didn't even last a season. I think MM had over 90 players pass through the club in hs time here.

Of course we all want to stay up, but if we are to go down then at least we will have a manager and a set up that will know where the -problems lie and will have had time to prepare for the new season he will have seen what youngsters can step up, which of them need to be developed through loaning out and who won't make it.

My biggest fear was not so much relegation itself but that were we to go down it would have meant a panic 'clear out' new manager coming in to try and sort out the mess. This way gives us experience and stability. A set up that should have us ready by the first game rather than the shambles of last summer.

Relegation will hurt. Hurt like hell. But maybe being a big fish in a smaller pond for a season will do us good. Get the ticket price right and a team fighting to get back up will put new life into the club, and the fans.

For that to happen Evans needs to step back. Hand over the reins to Lambert who can run the club, rather than some one like Milne trying. Return to being a community club, that involves everyone. From ex players to local businesses and supporters seen as a big part of the club not folk who are told to eff off.

We can do it.

We must make use of our own young players ( U23’s) next season with a sprinkling of well chosen senior players amongst them. I think we could have a very good season in League One and hopefully promoted. What a change to have our first “ feel good” season in nearly TWO decades!!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024