Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RIP Remain 13:25 - Jan 30 with 12586 viewsWithnail

Thoughts and prayers to the remainers at this difficult time.
RIP Remain on 17:33 - Jan 30 with 3398 viewsbaxterbasics

RIP Remain on 17:31 - Jan 30 by wkj

I respect that is the desire you might have, but I will bet you £500 in 10 years the EU will exist in some capacity or another.

As an Islamic Republic?

zip
Poll: Your minimum standard of 'success' for our return to The Championship?

RIP Remain on 17:34 - Jan 30 with 3395 viewswkj

RIP Remain on 17:33 - Jan 30 by baxterbasics

As an Islamic Republic?

I don't know, has it been 10 years yet?

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

RIP Remain on 17:38 - Jan 30 with 3386 viewsSpruceMoose

RIP Remain on 17:33 - Jan 30 by baxterbasics

As an Islamic Republic?

Very odd post.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

RIP Remain on 17:47 - Jan 30 with 3371 viewsNo9

RIP Remain on 13:34 - Jan 30 by baxterbasics

I wouldn't write them out yet, they wont quit, even after March 29th when they will have to be rebranded 'Joiners'

But yes, last night seems to make the extend/cancel A50 option less likely. The chances of either no deal or the EU accepting a different proposal, are now the front runners. EU of course currently say there is no chance, but they do have a record of last minute agreements.

This one is going to the wire I expect, which is actually the worst thing for business.

The UK is nowhere near ready to leave the EU is it?
Be honest now, how much legislation has to be put to bed before the UK can leave?
& with no agreement with other members of the WTO
How will that work?
What do you know we don't?
RIP Remain on 17:49 - Jan 30 with 3367 viewsclive_baker

I respect that is the desire you might have, but I will bet you £500 in 10 years the EU will exist in some capacity or another.

Go steady, that £500 will get you a can of pop in the UK in 10 years.

Poll: Will Boris Johnson be PM this time next week?
Blog: [Blog] Team Spirit Holds the Key

RIP Remain on 17:56 - Jan 30 with 3346 viewsNo9

RIP Remain on 13:58 - Jan 30 by wkj

5-10 years is generous, the chess game with the EU is going to continue well past any of our natural lifetimes.

There is an in the leave camp to look at reality.
As it is now the UK is heavy reliant on the EU for necessities
If they got nasty, which hey won't we give them too much cash eact month, it would be very painful for the UK
RIP Remain on 18:31 - Jan 30 with 3312 viewspickles110564

You don't have a very good track record on what you bet on, most would suggest betting on the opposite side to you.
RIP Remain on 18:31 - Jan 30 with 3315 viewsSwansea_Blue

I thought the talk this afternoon was for growing support for a permanent customs union to get round the backstop issue? Which would lead to a single market, which would lead to the 4 freedoms = ‘leaving’ in name only. Which would have made this a complete and utter waste of time.

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

Login to get fewer ads

RIP Remain on 18:34 - Jan 30 with 3303 viewsBloomBlue

I feel sorry for them, a previdged childhood didn't prepared for not getting the answer (present) they wanted. Plus on the few occasions that did happen they only had to stamp their feet and mama and papa reversed the decision and went and got them the present.
RIP Remain on 18:35 - Jan 30 with 3300 viewsSpruceMoose

RIP Remain on 18:31 - Jan 30 by pickles110564

You don't have a very good track record on what you bet on, most would suggest betting on the opposite side to you.

Evidence? Or are you squeaking out of your old blowhole again?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

RIP Remain on 18:39 - Jan 30 with 3294 viewscobboldkid

Yeah just Germany and France
RIP Remain on 18:40 - Jan 30 with 3290 viewsSpruceMoose

RIP Remain on 18:39 - Jan 30 by cobboldkid

Seems to me that most would be pleased to be part of an EU with just Germany, France and us...

RIP Remain on 18:47 - Jan 30 with 3286 viewsRyorry

RIP Remain on 13:34 - Jan 30 by baxterbasics

I wouldn't write them out yet, they wont quit, even after March 29th when they will have to be rebranded 'Joiners'

But yes, last night seems to make the extend/cancel A50 option less likely. The chances of either no deal or the EU accepting a different proposal, are now the front runners. EU of course currently say there is no chance, but they do have a record of last minute agreements.

This one is going to the wire I expect, which is actually the worst thing for business.

What you and manyl others (incl some MPs) appear unable to grasp is that they do NOT "have a record of last minute agreements" on countries that wish to leave the EU! This is a completely different - unique - set of negotiations with EU officials which the 27 other countries only get to ratify when/if the UK & the officials have worked out a deal.

The record you're talking about is for conventional EU discussions, where 28 countries' heads of states were sitting round the negotiating table. That is simply not the situation here with Brexit negotations.

Poll: Time of the annunciation

RIP Remain on 18:50 - Jan 30 with 3281 viewsLord_Lucan

RIP Remain on 16:51 - Jan 30 by clive_baker

Not so handy for their 15,000 employees in the UK though perhaps, of which I used to be one for a number of years.

You worked for them?

They are currently dealing with the administration of a large customer of mine. By the time the bastards have finished rinsing the pot I doubt I will get more that 4p in the £1

“Hello, I'm your MP. Actually I'm not. I'm your candidate. Gosh.” Boris Johnson canvassing in Henley, 2005.
Poll: How will you be celebrating Prince Phils life today

RIP Remain on 19:00 - Jan 30 with 3258 viewsBloomBlue

RIP Remain on 18:47 - Jan 30 by Ryorry

What you and manyl others (incl some MPs) appear unable to grasp is that they do NOT "have a record of last minute agreements" on countries that wish to leave the EU! This is a completely different - unique - set of negotiations with EU officials which the 27 other countries only get to ratify when/if the UK & the officials have worked out a deal.

The record you're talking about is for conventional EU discussions, where 28 countries' heads of states were sitting round the negotiating table. That is simply not the situation here with Brexit negotations.

Don't forget the EUs last minute turning on conflicts. Genocide was going on in the former Yugoslavia and they were going in with military action and then not going in and were going and not going in. The EU is always changing its mind.
RIP Remain on 19:02 - Jan 30 with 3239 viewspickles110564

RIP Remain on 18:35 - Jan 30 by SpruceMoose

Evidence? Or are you squeaking out of your old blowhole again?

You answering on the wrong account again m8?
RIP Remain on 19:03 - Jan 30 with 3237 viewsSpruceMoose

RIP Remain on 19:02 - Jan 30 by pickles110564

You answering on the wrong account again m8?

Nah given up pretending we are separate accounts now. I don't make bets very often, so what bets are you referring to?

RIP Remain on 19:04 - Jan 30 with 3235 viewsRyorry

RIP Remain on 19:00 - Jan 30 by BloomBlue

Don't forget the EUs last minute turning on conflicts. Genocide was going on in the former Yugoslavia and they were going in with military action and then not going in and were going and not going in. The EU is always changing its mind.

I think war can be described as a completely different situation.

Well, so far anyway ... ;)

Poll: Time of the annunciation

RIP Remain on 19:06 - Jan 30 with 3229 viewsIpswichChris

RIP Remain on 15:15 - Jan 30 by clive_baker

Many business are already moving operations or have plans in place to move operations out of the UK to EU countries. Belgium and Netherlands in particular will benefit from us leaving, there's no doubt about that. I can certainly see a painful few years should we 'crash out'. My fear is what impact rising unemployment will have on property prices, which is something I personally can't afford to see materialise, having remortgaged up to my balls relatively recently to do some major works that I had hoped would add value, all other things being equal. The only slight hope now is that nobody is stupid enough to let us leave without a deal.

It's interesting, I've got my first child due any day now and I can't help but think what sort of a country he / she will know when they get to my age.

The EU is so far from perfect IMO, but if ever there was an example of cutting off ones nose to spite their face, Brexit is it.

This exactly.

My company is packing up the European offices in London and heading to Ireland. I wont name it, but its a large financial player.

I live in the USA now, but FWIW I would have voted Remain.
RIP Remain on 19:33 - Jan 30 with 3181 viewsSpruceMoose

What's this Geoffrey Chester gonad spouting here other than xenophobia? It's outrageous.

I wish J2 was actively posting right now. Used to enjoy our chats about how Brexit could have been averted if only we'd listened to the opinions of folks like dear Geoffrey with respect. I'd be interested in his thoughts.

“Look at this,” he said, pointing to a paragraph about negotiating a banking collapse. “This is what’s coming.” He’d been stockpiling tins for months. A no-deal Brexit was going to make everyone poorer, he said. But it was worth it, if it meant the UK got control over immigration. That’s why he voted to leave the European Union: “We’ve got too many of them coming over here and I want it to stop.”

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jan/30/it-is-terrible-but-i-still-want
[Post edited 30 Jan 2019 19:36]

RIP Remain on 19:48 - Jan 30 with 3153 viewspickles110564

RIP Remain on 19:03 - Jan 30 by SpruceMoose

Nah given up pretending we are separate accounts now. I don't make bets very often, so what bets are you referring to?

Did you not bet we would not get relegated this season?
RIP Remain on 19:50 - Jan 30 with 3146 viewsSpruceMoose

RIP Remain on 19:48 - Jan 30 by pickles110564

Did you not bet we would not get relegated this season?

Don't remember doing so. Season isn't over yet anyway.

RIP Remain on 19:52 - Jan 30 with 3144 viewsm14_blue

RIP Remain on 13:49 - Jan 30 by giant_stow

on the bright side, it'll be interesting watching the crisis unfold.Just a a shame we can't watch from afar, although the fun might start when all those leave voters realise that none of their problems have gone away - run for the hills nige.... flee jacob..

Don’t worry, Nige, Boris and JRM will be fine.

It’ll still all be the EU’s fault. Or snowflake remoaner libtards for not getting behind their country enough.
RIP Remain on 19:54 - Jan 30 with 3140 viewsSpruceMoose

RIP Remain on 19:52 - Jan 30 by m14_blue

Don’t worry, Nige, Boris and JRM will be fine.

It’ll still all be the EU’s fault. Or snowflake remoaner libtards for not getting behind their country enough.

There are going to be an awful lot of Leave voters extremely perturbed that they still have to see brown people when they leave the house.

They aren't going to be getting what they think they are getting. Who will they turn on then, I wonder?

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/jan/30/it-is-terrible-but-i-still-want

RIP Remain on 20:04 - Jan 30 with 3125 viewsBloomBlue

RIP Remain on 18:39 - Jan 30 by cobboldkid

And it will be renamed the rebuplic of Germany, with the German flag flying along the Champs-Elysees.

Ok the second part of that was silly the French would never let that happen.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024