Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bar steward ref cost us AGAIN!! 17:05 - Feb 2 with 4901 viewsArnieM

How many more times are refs going to cost us the game with poor decision making ?

There was nothing in this game between the two teams , but the ref again give the opposition the advantage .

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Bar steward ref cost us AGAIN!! on 19:00 - Feb 2 with 1351 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Bar steward ref cost us AGAIN!! on 18:49 - Feb 2 by LankHenners

Still keeping up the ‘remove all context from argument and be to Lambert what the numbskulls were to Mick’ act, then?

At what point does Lambert become even partially responsible for what his team does on the pitch then?

11 defeats in 16 now - that’s worse than Hurst
[Post edited 2 Feb 2019 19:02]

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

Bar steward ref cost us AGAIN!! on 19:17 - Feb 2 with 1341 viewsLankHenners

Bar steward ref cost us AGAIN!! on 19:00 - Feb 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

At what point does Lambert become even partially responsible for what his team does on the pitch then?

11 defeats in 16 now - that’s worse than Hurst
[Post edited 2 Feb 2019 19:02]

Who says he isn’t partially responsible? Of course he is, but to completely ignore what he’s had to deal with is stupidity.

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.
Poll: What is Celina's problem?

Bar steward ref cost us AGAIN!! on 19:18 - Feb 2 with 1333 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Bar steward ref cost us AGAIN!! on 19:17 - Feb 2 by LankHenners

Who says he isn’t partially responsible? Of course he is, but to completely ignore what he’s had to deal with is stupidity.

Who’s ignoring it?

My post was in response to a post that was blaming everyone other than Lambert today, yet again...

Bar steward ref cost us AGAIN!! on 19:28 - Feb 2 with 1327 viewswarkthisway

Rubbish

bentnkuqi

Bar steward ref cost us AGAIN!! on 19:33 - Feb 2 with 1322 viewsLankHenners

Bar steward ref cost us AGAIN!! on 19:18 - Feb 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Who’s ignoring it?

My post was in response to a post that was blaming everyone other than Lambert today, yet again...

Who’s ignoring it you ask with a straight face?

The blame for where we are today being laid at Hurst’s feet is hardly controversial is it. What specifically about today’s match would you blame Lambert for?

Bar steward ref cost us AGAIN!! on 19:47 - Feb 2 with 1296 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Bar steward ref cost us AGAIN!! on 19:33 - Feb 2 by LankHenners

Who’s ignoring it you ask with a straight face?

The blame for where we are today being laid at Hurst’s feet is hardly controversial is it. What specifically about today’s match would you blame Lambert for?

Quick thoughts on that on 18:47 - Feb 2 with 203 views LankHenners

Whole midfield wasn’t working - Skuse and Downes too keen to go sideways and backwards (though in their defence the ball took a while to reach them and the movement around them was laboured) and whilst Bishop showed some nice touches he struggled to really create anything.

Not helped by a very disjointed front 3 where none of them looked comfortable in the role and position they were playing. Chalobah and Keane coming on was a bit of a breath of fresh air but too little too late.

Thought Kenlock had a shocker - was the worst versions of Knudsen and Spence today.

Bar steward ref cost us AGAIN!! on 19:58 - Feb 2 with 1285 viewsLankHenners

Bar steward ref cost us AGAIN!! on 19:47 - Feb 2 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Quick thoughts on that on 18:47 - Feb 2 with 203 views LankHenners

Whole midfield wasn’t working - Skuse and Downes too keen to go sideways and backwards (though in their defence the ball took a while to reach them and the movement around them was laboured) and whilst Bishop showed some nice touches he struggled to really create anything.

Not helped by a very disjointed front 3 where none of them looked comfortable in the role and position they were playing. Chalobah and Keane coming on was a bit of a breath of fresh air but too little too late.

Thought Kenlock had a shocker - was the worst versions of Knudsen and Spence today.

Was genuinely interested in a proper answer but oh well.

Not all of that is to do with the manager but you know that.

Bar steward ref cost us AGAIN!! on 02:48 - Feb 3 with 1208 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Bar steward ref cost us AGAIN!! on 19:58 - Feb 2 by LankHenners

Was genuinely interested in a proper answer but oh well.

Not all of that is to do with the manager but you know that.

Not sure what else you were expecting? By your own admission the whole midfield and front 3 didn’t work - that is the midfield and front 3 that Lambert selected today, not anyone else

As I’ve posted frequently - clearly expectations with Lambert have to be managed against the situation he inherited. However, since he’s been here we’ve lost 11 out of 16, picked up less ppg than under Hurst, and results and performances look to be getting worse. The last month or so has seen our two worst defeats of the season
[Post edited 3 Feb 2019 8:31]

Login to get fewer ads

Bar steward ref cost us AGAIN!! on 09:44 - Feb 3 with 1145 viewsLankHenners

Bar steward ref cost us AGAIN!! on 02:48 - Feb 3 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Not sure what else you were expecting? By your own admission the whole midfield and front 3 didn’t work - that is the midfield and front 3 that Lambert selected today, not anyone else

As I’ve posted frequently - clearly expectations with Lambert have to be managed against the situation he inherited. However, since he’s been here we’ve lost 11 out of 16, picked up less ppg than under Hurst, and results and performances look to be getting worse. The last month or so has seen our two worst defeats of the season
[Post edited 3 Feb 2019 8:31]

Actual engagement from you rather than posting like a div? I don’t know why you keep talking to me as if I think Lambert is some sort of messiah who hasn’t and can’t do anything wrong.

Picking that midfield 3 wasn’t necessarily a bad idea, though it suggested a lack of confidence in the defence to defend unassisted, more the 3 players themselves didn’t play that well. The forward line has parallels to Mick trying to shoehorn 3 or 4 of Murphy, Sears, McGoldrick and Pitman into the team which often resulted in an unbalanced, uncomfortable looking attack. At least then those players all knew their teammates well on the pitch and were actually match fit unlike the current lot. I admire Lambert’s attempt to keep us up whilst developing the style of play but I think it’s pretty clear that the players aren’t really up to it (in terms of ability and belief and confidence in themselves) and taking Mick’s approach would have been a better bet. Saying that, I’m not convinced the players were good enough to do that and he may have felt he had to go for it as he couldn’t rely on the players to shut teams out. Kenlock being crap is down to Kenlock being crap so if you were intent on anything other than trying to be a smartarse you'd have left that out.

You don’t post frequently about the context of Lambert’s situation - you’re far more keen to bang on about ppg (which you and others went all quiet on when that briefly stopped being relevant), and other faults in Lambert’s time here whilst making snide digs at other posters trying to look at things with more nuance.

Bar steward ref cost us AGAIN!! on 09:49 - Feb 3 with 1135 viewsPecker

Were you there. Nothing between the two teams. What planet are you on. They should have won by 5 or 6. The ref didn't cost us, the players and manager did. Get real.
Bar steward ref cost us AGAIN!! on 10:25 - Feb 3 with 1106 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Bar steward ref cost us AGAIN!! on 09:44 - Feb 3 by LankHenners

Actual engagement from you rather than posting like a div? I don’t know why you keep talking to me as if I think Lambert is some sort of messiah who hasn’t and can’t do anything wrong.

Picking that midfield 3 wasn’t necessarily a bad idea, though it suggested a lack of confidence in the defence to defend unassisted, more the 3 players themselves didn’t play that well. The forward line has parallels to Mick trying to shoehorn 3 or 4 of Murphy, Sears, McGoldrick and Pitman into the team which often resulted in an unbalanced, uncomfortable looking attack. At least then those players all knew their teammates well on the pitch and were actually match fit unlike the current lot. I admire Lambert’s attempt to keep us up whilst developing the style of play but I think it’s pretty clear that the players aren’t really up to it (in terms of ability and belief and confidence in themselves) and taking Mick’s approach would have been a better bet. Saying that, I’m not convinced the players were good enough to do that and he may have felt he had to go for it as he couldn’t rely on the players to shut teams out. Kenlock being crap is down to Kenlock being crap so if you were intent on anything other than trying to be a smartarse you'd have left that out.

You don’t post frequently about the context of Lambert’s situation - you’re far more keen to bang on about ppg (which you and others went all quiet on when that briefly stopped being relevant), and other faults in Lambert’s time here whilst making snide digs at other posters trying to look at things with more nuance.

Your first post to me in this thread was:

“Still keeping up the ‘remove all context from argument and be to Lambert what the numbskulls were to Mick’ act, then?”

What exactly were you expecting me to engage with?

Bar steward ref cost us AGAIN!! on 10:29 - Feb 3 with 1100 viewssparks

Bar steward ref cost us AGAIN!! on 09:49 - Feb 3 by Pecker

Were you there. Nothing between the two teams. What planet are you on. They should have won by 5 or 6. The ref didn't cost us, the players and manager did. Get real.

Why are people so desperate to exonerate the referee?

We didnt deserve anything from the game and probably should have lost by several. But SW were lousy in front of goal, and but for some very peculiar decisions- and particualrly the blatant foul in the run up to the goal, we may have nabbed an undeserved point or more. Thats just a fact. It doesnt make refs to blame for our predicament, or change the assessment of the side. But its not a binary proposition. Both the awful decisions we have had this seaosn, and the quality of the side have contirbuted to our situation.

The presence of those seeking the truth is infinitely to be preferred to the presence of those who think they've found it. (Sir Terry Pratchett)
Poll: Is Fred drunk this morning?

Bar steward ref cost us AGAIN!! on 10:31 - Feb 3 with 1091 viewsLankHenners

Bar steward ref cost us AGAIN!! on 10:25 - Feb 3 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

Your first post to me in this thread was:

“Still keeping up the ‘remove all context from argument and be to Lambert what the numbskulls were to Mick’ act, then?”

What exactly were you expecting me to engage with?

Well are you?

Bar steward ref cost us AGAIN!! on 12:25 - Feb 3 with 1038 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

Bar steward ref cost us AGAIN!! on 10:31 - Feb 3 by LankHenners

Well are you?

LOL, exactly

Bar steward ref cost us AGAIN!! on 12:31 - Feb 3 with 1027 viewsLankHenners

Bar steward ref cost us AGAIN!! on 12:25 - Feb 3 by C_HealyIsAPleasure

LOL, exactly

So "yes" then. Very well.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024