Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is it not weird 11:03 - Apr 14 with 2344 viewsArgyle_blue

That we haven’t heard a single word from the owner of the football club since the most catastrophic event in the clubs history for many decades? Deafening silence says it all really.
Is it not weird on 11:07 - Apr 14 with 2323 viewsTractorCam

Season tickets on wednesday, i'm sure (hope) we'll hear something then.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Is it not weird on 11:07 - Apr 14 with 2323 viewsDarth_Koont

I don't remember him saying anything about getting into the play-offs either. He just doesn't comment on stuff unless he's directly involved i.e. managers leaving or joining.

I imagine he'll make some sort of statement/indicate a plan for League One. That's the most important thing he needs to say rather than platitudes.

Pronouns: He/Him

Is it not weird on 11:09 - Apr 14 with 2306 viewsJ2BLUE

It's been 18 hours...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Is it not weird on 11:10 - Apr 14 with 2307 viewsGuthrum

Yes, it's been all of 18 hours, overnight on a Saturday to Sunday morning. It's entirely reasonable to expect the club's media people to stay at work organising and putting out an emergency statement on something we've known is going to happen for weeks and to which the owner has already referred in previous comments.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Is it not weird on 11:11 - Apr 14 with 2293 viewsnewcastlefan1984

Is it not weird on 11:10 - Apr 14 by Guthrum

Yes, it's been all of 18 hours, overnight on a Saturday to Sunday morning. It's entirely reasonable to expect the club's media people to stay at work organising and putting out an emergency statement on something we've known is going to happen for weeks and to which the owner has already referred in previous comments.

At least have the decency to apologise for what has been a disastrous season.
Is it not weird on 11:12 - Apr 14 with 2286 viewsFixed_It

I am sure we will hear from him this week when the details for next season's season tickets are announced. That makes more sense than blurting something out within 24 hours of our relegation when whatever he says will be jumped on by those who just want to vent their anger at the man who doesn't spend enough of his millions for their liking.

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Is it not weird on 11:15 - Apr 14 with 2271 viewsDarth_Koont

Is it not weird on 11:11 - Apr 14 by newcastlefan1984

At least have the decency to apologise for what has been a disastrous season.

He brought in the manager fans wanted and gave him more transfer leeway than we've had since Jewell was here. Then he appointed a manager fans still want and also gave him some extra funds in January, breaking the sustainable model even further.

What does Evans have to apologise for? On that score, everyone shares the blame.

Is it not weird on 11:21 - Apr 14 with 2235 viewsFixed_It

Is it not weird on 11:15 - Apr 14 by Darth_Koont

He brought in the manager fans wanted and gave him more transfer leeway than we've had since Jewell was here. Then he appointed a manager fans still want and also gave him some extra funds in January, breaking the sustainable model even further.

What does Evans have to apologise for? On that score, everyone shares the blame.

Quite.
And if he apologised he would get zero credit anyway. Best way he can 'apologise' is by getting things right for next season. I just hope that if season tickets are reduced people will back the Club by climbing on board

Ready! Steady! Cook!
Poll: Club v. Country - which comes first for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Is it not weird on 11:22 - Apr 14 with 2234 viewsRegencyBlue

Off the top of my head the last eleven years!

And before I get the ‘he saved us’ answer I’ve got one question. Saved us for what?

We are going nowhere fast unless Evans sells up or changes how he operates completely because one thing is abundantly clear. What he has been doing up to now isn’t working and more of the same will not cut it anymore.
Is it not weird on 11:24 - Apr 14 with 2219 viewsGuthrum

Moreover, upon what in Hurst's previous record could be based a rational prediction he would be so far out of his depth in the transfer market and the Championship?

The other favoured candidates (not counting Mowbray, who was always going to stay at Blackburn) are all pretty similar. Ross has done not much more than ok with by far the biggest club in League 1, Potter has struggled at Swansea.

Is it not weird on 11:25 - Apr 14 with 2213 viewsblueconscience

He probably doesn’t even know we are relegated yet!!
[Post edited 14 Apr 2019 11:26]

Poll: What % of ST holders saying they won’t renew, will end up renewing regardless?

Is it not weird on 11:26 - Apr 14 with 2201 viewsArnieM

It’s time for action, not more interviews.

The Club will be making a statement in the next two weeks ( Lambert has said this repeatedly) !!

Poll: Would this current Town team beat the current narwich team

Is it not weird on 11:29 - Apr 14 with 2190 viewsDarth_Koont

Is it not weird on 11:22 - Apr 14 by RegencyBlue

Off the top of my head the last eleven years!

And before I get the ‘he saved us’ answer I’ve got one question. Saved us for what?

We are going nowhere fast unless Evans sells up or changes how he operates completely because one thing is abundantly clear. What he has been doing up to now isn’t working and more of the same will not cut it anymore.

The last 11 years we've been a Championship side that's largely been in midtable and flirted with the play-offs. Dull, I know but not far from our rightful place in the 21st century.

Of course, he's made mistakes but whenever he's given managers money they've screwed it up and actually lowered the value of the squad (4 of them!!). So he's either been unlucky or it's a little more difficult than people make out.

Is it not weird on 11:33 - Apr 14 with 2181 viewsGuthrum

Is it not weird on 11:29 - Apr 14 by Darth_Koont

The last 11 years we've been a Championship side that's largely been in midtable and flirted with the play-offs. Dull, I know but not far from our rightful place in the 21st century.

Of course, he's made mistakes but whenever he's given managers money they've screwed it up and actually lowered the value of the squad (4 of them!!). So he's either been unlucky or it's a little more difficult than people make out.

There's more continuity with the seasons between 2002 and 2007 than people like to admit. It's too easy to look at the Evans era in complete isolation, ignoring the fact that the golden age was already well over before he arrived.

Is it not weird on 11:49 - Apr 14 with 2124 viewsTractorCam

There you go.

Poll: An interesting day for our politicians, but which one is worse?

Is it not weird on 11:50 - Apr 14 with 2116 viewsDarth_Koont

Is it not weird on 11:33 - Apr 14 by Guthrum

There's more continuity with the seasons between 2002 and 2007 than people like to admit. It's too easy to look at the Evans era in complete isolation, ignoring the fact that the golden age was already well over before he arrived.

Absolutely. This has been a 17-year hangover not just Evans's tenure or Mick's last two or three seasons etc.

I understand why people might be tempted to think relegation will help us break that cycle. But personally it could just as easily deepen our problems. In fact, for most clubs it's a clear negative.

After all, how did our relegation in 2002 help us come back stronger?

Is it not weird on 11:52 - Apr 14 with 2098 viewsBrixtonBlue

We've been relegated a matter of hours.

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Is it not weird on 11:55 - Apr 14 with 2093 viewsDarth_Koont

Is it not weird on 11:49 - Apr 14 by TractorCam

There you go.

Disappointing. A missed opportunity for this:

Is it not weird on 12:20 - Apr 14 with 2029 viewsFtnfwest

Totally agree, although no one had heard of hurst let’s be fair and the transfer leeway was as a result of selling all our best players first. I was glad, and still am, that we didn’t spunk a load of money on fees in January, relegation was a done deal by then already and we can’t really judge lambert just yet. Needs to make a decent start next year there’s no doubt and flirtation with the play offs is what I’d hope for and I think needs to be the minimum to keep the current level of interest in terms of attendances there.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024