Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Highlights 01:29 - Aug 4 with 1814 viewsLongLegs

Match Highlights on 06:10 - Aug 4 with 1614 viewsKropotkin123

We look good going forward, and whilst we did enough this game at the back, we still need better performances if we want to go up. Too many gifted chances.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Match Highlights on 07:31 - Aug 4 with 1444 viewsHerbivore

Match Highlights on 06:10 - Aug 4 by Kropotkin123

We look good going forward, and whilst we did enough this game at the back, we still need better performances if we want to go up. Too many gifted chances.

Apart from Holy nearly dropping a boll0ck I'm not sure any of the chances were gifted as such. I thought the defence looked pretty organised, considering it was a bit makeshift. Let's not forget that Burton will themselves be aiming for the top 6 this season and after a slow start they were one of the better sides in the league last year, particularly at home. A win there where we limited them to very few chances is a good start.

Of course we can get better and we will, we have our two first choice CBs to come back as well as the likes of Nolan and Edwards coming back to add strength in depth. Bring in another striker and possibly another defender and we ought to be good enough to get out of this league.

However, I struggle to see anything other than positives from a somewhat makeshift Town side winning and keeping a clean sheet in a tricky opening fixture.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Match Highlights on 08:05 - Aug 4 with 1316 viewsKropotkin123

Match Highlights on 07:31 - Aug 4 by Herbivore

Apart from Holy nearly dropping a boll0ck I'm not sure any of the chances were gifted as such. I thought the defence looked pretty organised, considering it was a bit makeshift. Let's not forget that Burton will themselves be aiming for the top 6 this season and after a slow start they were one of the better sides in the league last year, particularly at home. A win there where we limited them to very few chances is a good start.

Of course we can get better and we will, we have our two first choice CBs to come back as well as the likes of Nolan and Edwards coming back to add strength in depth. Bring in another striker and possibly another defender and we ought to be good enough to get out of this league.

However, I struggle to see anything other than positives from a somewhat makeshift Town side winning and keeping a clean sheet in a tricky opening fixture.

I'm just going by the highlights, but Donacien got the ball stuck under his feet, played it on to their player on the wing who crossed it in and then Holy weakly punched it away to their striker. In another universe that or the Holy incident goes in and we are complaining that we are still making game changing errors at the back.

I wasn't there, so I can't say how well we did containing them. But I feel the result speaks for itself on that one.

We look so much better going forward. The goal had some fortune, but the build up was lovely and deserved it.

Plenty to be positive about, but you can see why Lambert wants to bring in more more players. It could be the difference over a long season.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Match Highlights on 08:27 - Aug 4 with 1207 viewsHerbivore

Match Highlights on 08:05 - Aug 4 by Kropotkin123

I'm just going by the highlights, but Donacien got the ball stuck under his feet, played it on to their player on the wing who crossed it in and then Holy weakly punched it away to their striker. In another universe that or the Holy incident goes in and we are complaining that we are still making game changing errors at the back.

I wasn't there, so I can't say how well we did containing them. But I feel the result speaks for itself on that one.

We look so much better going forward. The goal had some fortune, but the build up was lovely and deserved it.

Plenty to be positive about, but you can see why Lambert wants to bring in more more players. It could be the difference over a long season.

I thought Donacien was a bit unlucky with that one, his positioning was good but the pass ended up being played in the one place where he couldn't adjust his feet to cut it out and even then there was fortune in how it found its way to the winger. Holy could have done better with the cross though. I don't see it as much to worry about really, all sides at this level will make errors that lead to chances and given how makeshift our defence was yesterday I'm pleased with how they performed.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Match Highlights on 08:31 - Aug 4 with 1178 viewsMullet

Match Highlights on 08:05 - Aug 4 by Kropotkin123

Donacien started like a man fearing for his career. He was sold short for his first touch and it affected him. Burton then started doubling up on him every chance they got.

Whoever spoke to him at half time from the coaching staff or players sorted him out though. He had that early blip and a moment at the end of the first where he dallied on a cross and we lost the chance to test O'Hara again.

Second half he did much better under even more pressure as Lambert got it wrong going 4-2-3-1 and not making the wingers stick to the line.

Holy has some really weird holes in his game, but is clearly a keeper Jimmy Walker has lots to work with. His presence is immense and he is clearly confident, a bit too confident. His punching is awful though, when you've got Inspector Gadget arms you catch those.

As for the bit at the end, Norris will be expecting to start soon I would wager. That sort of competition might be a good thing.

We weren't brilliant, but we won and that is bigger than anything.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

Match Highlights on 08:40 - Aug 4 with 1119 viewschristiand

Match Highlights on 08:31 - Aug 4 by Mullet

Donacien started like a man fearing for his career. He was sold short for his first touch and it affected him. Burton then started doubling up on him every chance they got.

Whoever spoke to him at half time from the coaching staff or players sorted him out though. He had that early blip and a moment at the end of the first where he dallied on a cross and we lost the chance to test O'Hara again.

Second half he did much better under even more pressure as Lambert got it wrong going 4-2-3-1 and not making the wingers stick to the line.

Holy has some really weird holes in his game, but is clearly a keeper Jimmy Walker has lots to work with. His presence is immense and he is clearly confident, a bit too confident. His punching is awful though, when you've got Inspector Gadget arms you catch those.

As for the bit at the end, Norris will be expecting to start soon I would wager. That sort of competition might be a good thing.

We weren't brilliant, but we won and that is bigger than anything.

Based on last season when we weren't in the habit of winning games, getting over the line and getting those 3 precious points are the most important thing. The performances will come, especially when the confidence builds from winning games.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2019 8:42]

Poll: Where will we finish this season?
Blog: Full of Optimism and Hope, the League One Kick Off is Finally Here!

Match Highlights on 10:24 - Aug 4 with 878 viewsMullet

Match Highlights on 08:40 - Aug 4 by christiand

Based on last season when we weren't in the habit of winning games, getting over the line and getting those 3 precious points are the most important thing. The performances will come, especially when the confidence builds from winning games.
[Post edited 4 Aug 2019 8:42]

No we weren't and that comes down to the management of the team. If we've found our level that's highly depressing, Burton were a midtable team who feel they've gone backwards a little from the way their fans talked.

We will have the usual slip ups and unexpected overperformances as you do every season, but considering the injuries we have and the imbalances in the squad it was nice to draw on the bench and improve things.

The flat and rugged 442 will leave a few scratching their heads though if Lambert persists with it. Especially the lumps over the top from the defence. Skuse and Downes really ensured we played football yesterday.

Poll: If Cook had the full season where would we have finished?
Blog: When the Fanzine Comes Around

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024