Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thank you Marcus Evans 12:05 - Aug 7 with 10511 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at the owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Thank you Marcus Evans on 15:42 - Aug 7 with 2063 viewsbraveblue

Thank you Marcus Evans on 14:05 - Aug 7 by BryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

If you can’t see any other response then that says a lot.

He has led us from being a club with ambition in the top third of the Championship to League 1 where we have to sign League 2 released players to put out a defence. I can’t accept that.
Thank you Marcus Evans on 15:44 - Aug 7 with 2058 viewsSpruceMoose

Thank you Marcus Evans on 15:42 - Aug 7 by braveblue

If you can’t see any other response then that says a lot.

He has led us from being a club with ambition in the top third of the Championship to League 1 where we have to sign League 2 released players to put out a defence. I can’t accept that.

What are the other viable responses out of interest?

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

Thank you Marcus Evans on 15:52 - Aug 7 with 2048 viewsElephantintheRoom

You deserve what you get. Evans is evasive with the truth and downright questionable in his dealings. His decisions on personnel since saddling the club with a debt he wiped out are appalling - and initially at least seemed more centred on the Olympics. He has had no clear strategy from day one and seems content to hive off any assets. This season is a very dangerous one for a rudderless club like Town - the strange regulations on contracts and young players greatly benefit a badly run relegated club like Town. Which makes the incompetent Evans (and Lambert) probably believe promotion is probable rather than possible. Reality may intrude in their world.

Blog: The Swinging Sixty

Thank you Marcus Evans on 15:57 - Aug 7 with 2037 viewsBrixtonBlue

Thank you Marcus Evans on 15:52 - Aug 7 by ElephantintheRoom

You deserve what you get. Evans is evasive with the truth and downright questionable in his dealings. His decisions on personnel since saddling the club with a debt he wiped out are appalling - and initially at least seemed more centred on the Olympics. He has had no clear strategy from day one and seems content to hive off any assets. This season is a very dangerous one for a rudderless club like Town - the strange regulations on contracts and young players greatly benefit a badly run relegated club like Town. Which makes the incompetent Evans (and Lambert) probably believe promotion is probable rather than possible. Reality may intrude in their world.

Another one I shall ask which "appalling" personnel decisions did you object to at the time?

I bet Bloots will downarrow this.
Poll: If you work in an office, when are you off over Christmas (not booked holiday)?

Thank you Marcus Evans on 16:06 - Aug 7 with 2017 viewsBryanPlug

Thank you Marcus Evans on 15:44 - Aug 7 by SpruceMoose

Thank you Marcus Evans on 16:10 - Aug 7 with 2013 viewsBryanPlug

Thank you Marcus Evans on 15:57 - Aug 7 by BrixtonBlue

Another one I shall ask which "appalling" personnel decisions did you object to at the time?

Thank you Marcus Evans on 16:12 - Aug 7 with 2006 viewsRegencyBlue

Thank you Marcus Evans on 14:27 - Aug 7 by SpruceMoose

How quickly folk forget the administration years.

How many years do you want that excuse to hold good?

Evans has been here for twelve years and the mess we are today is all his!
Thank you Marcus Evans on 16:16 - Aug 7 with 2004 viewsActionMan

Thank you Marcus Evans on 13:40 - Aug 7 by BryanPlug

That's not an argument, your just shouting people down. Classic attack of someone who can't defend his argument and a very sad part of the 21st century.

3rd division.
100million debt.
Not being Bolton?

You are thanking him for that?

But a 1-0 win over a average Burton side and a press statement stating "woe is me" from the man who did it is yout reason to attack the fans. "Numbskulls".

I could easily say if your so pro-Evans why don't you put your life's savings, house, car on us going back up over the next 5 years? I bet you wouldn't, so stop with the social justice counter arguments and man up, give us some real reasons why we should thank the man for taking us into the third division and having to plug a 9mil hole he created, and I don't care about the downvotes form you and the rest, the reality is you are wrong.
Login to get fewer ads

Thank you Marcus Evans on 16:22 - Aug 7 with 1996 viewsSpruceMoose

Thank you Marcus Evans on 16:12 - Aug 7 by RegencyBlue

How many years do you want that excuse to hold good?

Evans has been here for twelve years and the mess we are today is all his!

When people are flouncing about how 'we've never been in a worse state' it's fair to point out that they are talking insulting bobbins.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."

Thank you Marcus Evans on 16:22 - Aug 7 with 1996 viewsbraveblue

Thank you Marcus Evans on 16:06 - Aug 7 by BryanPlug

Not an argument with any logic. Just having a go and then describing c18 million people as intellectually inferior to you.
Thank you Marcus Evans on 16:25 - Aug 7 with 1993 viewsbraveblue

Thank you Marcus Evans on 15:44 - Aug 7 by SpruceMoose

You could address the points I made re the academy, training ground etc instead of opting out by telling people to buy the club themselves. This is a forum with different opinions which should be discussed. Too many just fall back on trying and failing to give smart answers.
Thank you Marcus Evans on 16:26 - Aug 7 with 1986 viewsSpruceMoose

Thank you Marcus Evans on 16:25 - Aug 7 by braveblue

You could address the points I made re the academy, training ground etc instead of opting out by telling people to buy the club themselves. This is a forum with different opinions which should be discussed. Too many just fall back on trying and failing to give smart answers.

I wasn't giving an answer, I was asking a question!

Thank you Marcus Evans on 16:37 - Aug 7 with 1969 viewslongtimefan

Thank you Marcus Evans on 16:25 - Aug 7 by braveblue

What do you think the issue with the Training Ground is? Buying part of the training facilities is just another way of putting money into the club. I can't remember the actual values but the money paid was ~30x the yearly rent we are charged. So for around 30 years the club is better off.
Thank you Marcus Evans on 16:51 - Aug 7 with 1948 viewsBryanPlug

Thank you Marcus Evans on 16:16 - Aug 7 by ActionMan

That's not an argument, your just shouting people down. Classic attack of someone who can't defend his argument and a very sad part of the 21st century.

3rd division.
100million debt.
Not being Bolton?

You are thanking him for that?

But a 1-0 win over a average Burton side and a press statement stating "woe is me" from the man who did it is yout reason to attack the fans. "Numbskulls".

I could easily say if your so pro-Evans why don't you put your life's savings, house, car on us going back up over the next 5 years? I bet you wouldn't, so stop with the social justice counter arguments and man up, give us some real reasons why we should thank the man for taking us into the third division and having to plug a 9mil hole he created, and I don't care about the downvotes form you and the rest, the reality is you are wrong.

Thank you Marcus Evans on 16:51 - Aug 7 with 1944 viewshaynes_toe1

Majority of our fanbase:

"Woah, Evans has said some words. And he's obviously not just saying what I want to hear because why would he do that? This is clearly what he believes and his plan is what's going to happen. I know that every time he's spoken in the past it's placated the fans for 6 months until we then realise that he's not actually achieving any of the things he listed but this time is different because, well, it's this time. And he's spoken. It's so good of him to come out and speak. I really wish he'd do it more often because that would keep me happy. It's not actually results, signing players at a good level and playing good football in a division more suitable to this clubs history that's important, it's the owner speaking and telling me stuff that makes me all fuzzy and happy inside"
Thank you Marcus Evans on 16:54 - Aug 7 with 1940 viewsfooters

Thank you Marcus Evans on 16:51 - Aug 7 by haynes_toe1

Majority of our fanbase:

"Woah, Evans has said some words. And he's obviously not just saying what I want to hear because why would he do that? This is clearly what he believes and his plan is what's going to happen. I know that every time he's spoken in the past it's placated the fans for 6 months until we then realise that he's not actually achieving any of the things he listed but this time is different because, well, it's this time. And he's spoken. It's so good of him to come out and speak. I really wish he'd do it more often because that would keep me happy. It's not actually results, signing players at a good level and playing good football in a division more suitable to this clubs history that's important, it's the owner speaking and telling me stuff that makes me all fuzzy and happy inside"

Ask your mum before going taking bedsheets.

Dear old footers KC - Private Counsel to Big Farmer - Liberator of Vichy TWTD
Poll: Battle of the breakfast potato... who wins?

Thank you Marcus Evans on 16:57 - Aug 7 with 1926 viewsBryanPlug

Thank you Marcus Evans on 16:51 - Aug 7 by haynes_toe1

Majority of our fanbase:

Thank you Marcus Evans on 17:03 - Aug 7 with 1915 viewsKeaneish

I think the point is that people need to hear it from our owner and its a very different complexion compared to his previous statements. This time, he's actually listening to what thse around him are saying and out us in the foreground, which is highly likely coming from PL and the social team given the growing animosity.

I don't think anyone ever thought he was pilfering from the club anyway did they? It may be advantageous to him in other areas of business though.

Poll: Who would be your managerial preference between these two?
Blog: [Blog] £2.65 Million and Waiting?

Thank you Marcus Evans on 17:15 - Aug 7 with 1898 viewsKropotkin123

Shame about the name-calling, as aside from that it was a really good post.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Mere soundbites and hyperbole, as ever on 17:18 - Aug 7 with 1890 viewsDyland

Thank you Marcus Evans on 15:52 - Aug 7 by ElephantintheRoom

Well done.

Poll: Does a Season Ticket include away matches?

Thank you Marcus Evans on 17:18 - Aug 7 with 1889 viewsJ2BLUE

Thank you Marcus Evans on 17:03 - Aug 7 by Keaneish

I think the point is that people need to hear it from our owner and its a very different complexion compared to his previous statements. This time, he's actually listening to what thse around him are saying and out us in the foreground, which is highly likely coming from PL and the social team given the growing animosity.

I don't think anyone ever thought he was pilfering from the club anyway did they? It may be advantageous to him in other areas of business though.

'It may be advantageous to him in other areas of business though'

So you are no longer convinced it's used as a tax loss?

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Thank you Marcus Evans on 17:20 - Aug 7 with 1889 viewsmrshallisfit

Thank you Marcus Evans on 13:58 - Aug 7 by braveblue

Well thought out response.

And the normal stale reply of the sycophants on here. Coupled with the old chestnut "Its his money, he spends it as he wants.."
Thank you Marcus Evans on 17:27 - Aug 7 with 1879 viewsmrshallisfit

Once again thank you. Can I say that I'm so grateful that I would, willingly rim your ar#ehole and allow you to f#ck my wife.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2019 17:28]
Thank you Marcus Evans on 17:29 - Aug 7 with 1866 viewshaynes_toe1

Thank you Marcus Evans on 16:57 - Aug 7 by BryanPlug

Get what you're saying, but with itfcjoe revealing that Evans isn't willing to listen to offers for the club then the claim there's 'no one else to take over' is pure guesswork.
Thank you Marcus Evans on 17:31 - Aug 7 with 1862 viewsSpruceMoose

Thank you Marcus Evans on 17:27 - Aug 7 by mrshallisfit

Once again thank you. Can I say that I'm so grateful that I would, willingly rim your ar#ehole and allow you to f#ck my wife.
[Post edited 7 Aug 2019 17:28]

I find it strange when grown adults get so weirdly obsessed and angry over football.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024