Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Go and get the Cowley brothers! 09:07 - Jul 20 with 4810 viewsrugbytomc

Did anyone else see Huddersfield sacked the Cowley brothers yesterday after guiding then from 23rd to 18th and safety?! Did we miss a trick not getting them before from Lincoln? I say Marcus should go and get them right now before someone else does!

Blog: We Should Encourage the Club and the League to Stream All Games

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 16:16 - Jul 21 with 1026 viewsWickets

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 10:13 - Jul 21 by Libero

This is it, for all the West Ham/Spurs style pontification around "style of football" you know full well that if we're winning it really doesn't matter.

Results>Entertainment

That's why I don't buy this whole thing where people compare football to a cinema or theater trip.

I dont often agree with you but on this point i more or less do .If we are winning games most Fans will be happy and to be honest there is nothing wrong with playing some long balls . Yes i like to see a passing game but there are times when knocking long balls down the channels or to a big strong striker who can play with his back to goal pays dividends, especially in league 1 . What i dont want to see again is defend at all costs and if it ends up 0-0 ! well we got a point . I am not really keen on the Cowley brothers just dont see them as a upgrade and so more or less prepared to give PL another season ! Silly me ?
Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 21:18 - Jul 21 with 977 viewsRadlett_blue

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 10:51 - Jul 20 by Libero

Nigel Pearson was the last manager I wanted at Ipswich Town who doesn't already have an Ipswich Town connection, I think that was pre-McCarthy? I can't remember tbh, I know post McCarthy I wanted Burley or Mowbray.

Nigel Pearson's sister and her family do live in Suffolk though, wife went to School with his nephew, he's a good egg.

Pearson was I think 2nd choice when Jim got the job in 2006. His credentials at the time weren't strong, having narrowly kept Carlisle in the Football League & then spent most of his time as assistant or coach.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 10:30 - Jul 26 with 890 viewsmrfixit426

Reading Ipswich fans saying they wouldn't want the Cowleys because they play long ball football makes me want to tear my hair out in frustration. They are top, progressive coaches and have consistently developed systems which gain the maximum performance from the players they have available. You could see the way that Lincoln changed their style gradually over the last three seasons as the quality of players they brought in improved. I've read comments from Huddersfield fans who said they were pleasantly surprised with the style they adopted. They're also humble enough to want to continue learning from more experienced people in the game.

Alongside that, they have a record of uniting the local community and the football club with pro-active initiatives. They more than doubled the attendance at Sincil Bank.

I'm not sure who Ipswich fans think is going to bring them successful football in the style of Liverpool or Manchester City, working from this starting point, but I fear they will never be satisfied.
Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 10:38 - Jul 26 with 873 viewsBryanPlug

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 10:30 - Jul 26 by mrfixit426

Reading Ipswich fans saying they wouldn't want the Cowleys because they play long ball football makes me want to tear my hair out in frustration. They are top, progressive coaches and have consistently developed systems which gain the maximum performance from the players they have available. You could see the way that Lincoln changed their style gradually over the last three seasons as the quality of players they brought in improved. I've read comments from Huddersfield fans who said they were pleasantly surprised with the style they adopted. They're also humble enough to want to continue learning from more experienced people in the game.

Alongside that, they have a record of uniting the local community and the football club with pro-active initiatives. They more than doubled the attendance at Sincil Bank.

I'm not sure who Ipswich fans think is going to bring them successful football in the style of Liverpool or Manchester City, working from this starting point, but I fear they will never be satisfied.

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 11:01 - Jul 26 with 853 viewsHerbivore

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 10:30 - Jul 26 by mrfixit426

I don't expect us to play like City or Liverpool, I'd just rather we didn't play ugly hoofball with a fair amount of sh!t housing thrown in.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 11:06 - Jul 26 with 843 viewsmrfixit426

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 11:01 - Jul 26 by Herbivore

I don't expect us to play like City or Liverpool, I'd just rather we didn't play ugly hoofball with a fair amount of sh!t housing thrown in.

Hoofball? That just displays the level of ignorance I've alluded to. Who is the answer then? Who would want to come here? Keiron Dyer??? Do me a favour. The Cowleys have shown they are capable of achieving short term success with the tools at their disposal, whilst simultaneously working towards a long term plan of progressing a football club. Ipswich fans need to start looking forwards instead of back. It's become a club crippled by its own nostalgia.
Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 11:29 - Jul 26 with 820 viewsHerbivore

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 11:06 - Jul 26 by mrfixit426

Hoofball? That just displays the level of ignorance I've alluded to. Who is the answer then? Who would want to come here? Keiron Dyer??? Do me a favour. The Cowleys have shown they are capable of achieving short term success with the tools at their disposal, whilst simultaneously working towards a long term plan of progressing a football club. Ipswich fans need to start looking forwards instead of back. It's become a club crippled by its own nostalgia.

Yes, hoofball. Lumping it long and smashing people about. I'll take a hard pass on the Cowleys thanks.

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 11:32 - Jul 26 with 813 viewsPJH

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 11:29 - Jul 26 by Herbivore

Yes, hoofball. Lumping it long and smashing people about. I'll take a hard pass on the Cowleys thanks.

I think we might lose out on them to Barcelona anyway because they would seem to be what is needed there now that they have lost the Spanish title.
Login to get fewer ads

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 11:32 - Jul 26 with 813 viewsmrfixit426

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 11:29 - Jul 26 by Herbivore

Listen, I'm never going to convince you otherwise. You'll have to go and find the evidence yourself, which I know you won't do as it will undermine your stubborn argument. So I'm going to follow Mark Twain's timeless advice and back away from this exchange.
Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 12:58 - Jul 26 with 769 viewsHerbivore

Go and get the Cowley brothers! on 11:32 - Jul 26 by mrfixit426

Listen, I'm never going to convince you otherwise. You'll have to go and find the evidence yourself, which I know you won't do as it will undermine your stubborn argument. So I'm going to follow Mark Twain's timeless advice and back away from this exchange.

Why would I want to actively seek out watching Lincoln or Huddersfield? I'll take a pass and agree to disagree.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024