Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FM2020 advice 10:34 - Jul 21 with 1172 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

Have I imagined this or did there use to be quick shouts from the touchline such as wing plays, long balls, early crosses etc and it's now been done away with?

I get that I can go onto the tactics and change this all and that I can shout encouragement, demand more etc, but have these quick tactical changes been removed or did they never exist?

Hadn't played for about 5 years and recently gone back. Got the hang of everything else and it's massively improved for me, just would be handy to shout these instructions if you still can and I am sure elsewhere I kinda stumbled on a list of them yet can't see them on the match screen.

Thanks.

Poll: How many points from 18 would Lambert need to have to actually be sacked?
Blog: Ipswich Town and the Rotten Kitchen Cupboards

FM2020 advice on 11:40 - Jul 21 with 1111 viewsthatdamgood89

You are absolutely right bud! LMA Manager also had shout outs but they had an actual voice when you clicked the button...Aw retro kicks right there

You know have instructions to use such as

Concentrate
Push Forward
show some passion

These do ( but not all ) play a part in how the game unfolds and selecting the wrong one may lose you a game etc

Hey :) Please check out my Ipswich Town F.C podcast 'Talk Of The Town' https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPhPy_79sSvPSugh32vN8qg?view_as=subscriber Available every Wednesday on; YouTube Spotify Buzzsrpout Google Podcasts Itune Podcasts

FM2020 advice on 12:08 - Jul 21 with 1084 viewsDecageBruce

Unfortunately, they are no longer there.

The shouts from the sidelines, as mentioned above, can be very useful but also at the wrong time can be a right pain. I have found that using them on individual players at times can really help, i.e. your CM keeps hoofing it out of play or mislaying passes then 'Calm Down' or 'Encourage' can turn their game around.

However, pressing 'Praise', the opposition scoring before it is shouted can caused confusion etc and negatively effect the players
FM2020 advice on 13:08 - Jul 21 with 1015 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

FM2020 advice on 12:08 - Jul 21 by DecageBruce

Unfortunately, they are no longer there.

The shouts from the sidelines, as mentioned above, can be very useful but also at the wrong time can be a right pain. I have found that using them on individual players at times can really help, i.e. your CM keeps hoofing it out of play or mislaying passes then 'Calm Down' or 'Encourage' can turn their game around.

However, pressing 'Praise', the opposition scoring before it is shouted can caused confusion etc and negatively effect the players

Thanks to you both.

I'm always very careful to pause it between highlights and praise it then (partly as I don't want to miss any action) so that, as you say, I don't praise them for being 1-0 up but it actually comes out as praising them for the sloppy equaliser we've just conceded.

To be honest I think it's evolved way beyond needing those shouted instructions anyway and it's easy enough to change, switch formations, encourage and so on.

Enjoying it beyond belief. About 5 late nights in a row since I bought it!

FM2020 advice on 23:44 - Jul 21 with 864 viewsMelford

FM2020 advice on 13:08 - Jul 21 by WarkTheWarkITFC

Thanks to you both.

I'm always very careful to pause it between highlights and praise it then (partly as I don't want to miss any action) so that, as you say, I don't praise them for being 1-0 up but it actually comes out as praising them for the sloppy equaliser we've just conceded.

To be honest I think it's evolved way beyond needing those shouted instructions anyway and it's easy enough to change, switch formations, encourage and so on.

Enjoying it beyond belief. About 5 late nights in a row since I bought it!

I started a new game last week as Ipswich, Kept the players exactly as they are but used the data editor to give me the best coaches,scouts,physios that the game can offer. Recruited the very best in every position non-playing wise.

Dragging TWTD into the gutter since 2009
Poll: What do you call this site?

FM2020 advice on 09:59 - Jul 22 with 771 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

FM2020 advice on 23:44 - Jul 21 by Melford

I started a new game last week as Ipswich, Kept the players exactly as they are but used the data editor to give me the best coaches,scouts,physios that the game can offer. Recruited the very best in every position non-playing wise.

I started a career last week and got to October and Lambert was sacked.

Spoke to a couple of my mates who play it and found he'd lasted to October and November respectively.

I'm now in December and GARY MEGSON has been appointed as manager. Ipswich are 15th. In my mates go we finished 13th and 18th! Our managers in their saves are Chris Hughton and Mike Newell!!!!

Every other league has pretty much what you expected to happen pre-season to start so wonder why it's got it in for us so much.

Good luck getting us into the playoffs!

FM2020 advice on 11:53 - Jul 22 with 730 viewsDecageBruce

FM2020 advice on 09:59 - Jul 22 by WarkTheWarkITFC

I started a career last week and got to October and Lambert was sacked.

Spoke to a couple of my mates who play it and found he'd lasted to October and November respectively.

I'm now in December and GARY MEGSON has been appointed as manager. Ipswich are 15th. In my mates go we finished 13th and 18th! Our managers in their saves are Chris Hughton and Mike Newell!!!!

Every other league has pretty much what you expected to happen pre-season to start so wonder why it's got it in for us so much.

Good luck getting us into the playoffs!

In my current save (Oct 2032) Town have had 10 managers since PL (sacked 12/11/2019) and have finished no higher than 3rd in League One
FM2020 advice on 12:10 - Jul 22 with 719 viewsollie_smith2001

Yeah, you can still do this - it's on the top right hand side during gameplay. I'm playing desktop version.

You didn't ask, but I won the Europa League with ITFC in 5th season recently. Only Woolf, Huws and KVY remain.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2020 12:12]
FM2020 advice on 12:12 - Jul 22 with 715 viewsBiGDonnie

FM2020 advice on 11:40 - Jul 21 by thatdamgood89

You are absolutely right bud! LMA Manager also had shout outs but they had an actual voice when you clicked the button...Aw retro kicks right there

You know have instructions to use such as

Concentrate
Push Forward
show some passion

These do ( but not all ) play a part in how the game unfolds and selecting the wrong one may lose you a game etc

I particularly love it when you shout for them to 'tighten up' just for them to instantly concede.

COYBs
Poll: Is it too soon to sack Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

FM2020 advice on 12:59 - Jul 22 with 681 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

FM2020 advice on 11:53 - Jul 22 by DecageBruce

In my current save (Oct 2032) Town have had 10 managers since PL (sacked 12/11/2019) and have finished no higher than 3rd in League One

There's a video on YouTube where someone simulated 100 years.

It took us something like 60 years to get into the top three in the Championship and we then had a couple of yo-yo seasons between that and the Premier League about 90 years from now.

Sounded about right.

FM2020 advice on 13:01 - Jul 22 with 680 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

FM2020 advice on 12:10 - Jul 22 by ollie_smith2001

Yeah, you can still do this - it's on the top right hand side during gameplay. I'm playing desktop version.

You didn't ask, but I won the Europa League with ITFC in 5th season recently. Only Woolf, Huws and KVY remain.
[Post edited 22 Jul 2020 12:12]

The top right, couple across from the settings, is just the bit where you shout generic 'Encourage, Praise, Get Creative etc'.

It used to be that you could be specific and tell them to attack down the left, play long balls, offside traps etc.

FM2020 advice on 13:28 - Jul 22 with 665 viewsollie_smith2001

FM2020 advice on 13:01 - Jul 22 by WarkTheWarkITFC

The top right, couple across from the settings, is just the bit where you shout generic 'Encourage, Praise, Get Creative etc'.

It used to be that you could be specific and tell them to attack down the left, play long balls, offside traps etc.

Ah I see, sorry.
FM2020 advice on 13:30 - Jul 22 with 661 viewsWarkTheWarkITFC

FM2020 advice on 13:28 - Jul 22 by ollie_smith2001

Ah I see, sorry.

Easy mistake to make. You probably had European Glory on your mind.

Much easier to notice during a turgid 0-0 draw at Dorking Wanderers.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024