Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Quote from the Times. 10:55 - Nov 14 with 3920 viewscatch74

‘They reminisced about Brexit and the general election then gathered their belongings and left.’

Surely ‘reminisced about influencing a large part of the less educated population’ and ‘pulling the wool over a lot of others.’

How on earth could they reminisce, with what’s happening and what’s to come. It’s becoming a habit - Cameron scuttled off. Concerning that Theresa May seems to have been the best of a bad recent bunch.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Quote from the Times. on 10:58 - Nov 14 with 1938 viewspointofblue

I have the feeling the government is prepared to agree a deal with the EU, hence their time at number ten has come to an end. They can hardly help with Covid, after all, and I think the Conservatives will look to push Johnson out for a replacement next summer.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Quote from the Times. on 11:05 - Nov 14 with 1893 viewscatch74

Quote from the Times. on 10:58 - Nov 14 by pointofblue

I have the feeling the government is prepared to agree a deal with the EU, hence their time at number ten has come to an end. They can hardly help with Covid, after all, and I think the Conservatives will look to push Johnson out for a replacement next summer.

Gove is circling.

Poll: Who are the Numbskulls?

Quote from the Times. on 11:26 - Nov 14 with 1874 viewsGuthrum

From what I gather, their "contribution" to dealing with Covid may have been a significant issue.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Quote from the Times. on 11:27 - Nov 14 with 1865 viewsGuthrum

Quote from the Times. on 11:05 - Nov 14 by catch74

Gove is circling.

He can circle all he likes, doubt anyone trusts him enough to let him into No10.

Quote from the Times. on 11:27 - Nov 14 with 1872 viewspointofblue

Quote from the Times. on 11:05 - Nov 14 by catch74

Gove is circling.

I still fear the extreme right wingers will get behind Patel. Dare I say Gove will be a stunning example of competency compared to who we have now but I can’t see him being a vote magnet. I think Javid would be their best bet.

Poll: Who would you play at right centre back on Saturday?

Quote from the Times. on 11:55 - Nov 14 with 1823 viewsEdwardStone

Quote from the Times. on 11:27 - Nov 14 by Guthrum

He can circle all he likes, doubt anyone trusts him enough to let him into No10.

But didn't we all think this about Johnson.....the idle, feckless buffoon wouldn't be given the keys to No 10 because he is so clearly unsuitable

And now look

Someone made the point about Tory PMs being like supply teachers, here for a brief spell and then gone, never to be seen again. But they allow chaos to reign during their brief tenure
Quote from the Times. on 13:12 - Nov 14 with 1748 viewsGuthrum

Quote from the Times. on 11:55 - Nov 14 by EdwardStone

But didn't we all think this about Johnson.....the idle, feckless buffoon wouldn't be given the keys to No 10 because he is so clearly unsuitable

And now look

Someone made the point about Tory PMs being like supply teachers, here for a brief spell and then gone, never to be seen again. But they allow chaos to reign during their brief tenure

The difference being that Johnson was the "loveable buffoon", with the public profile from having been Mayor of London, darling of the local constituency parties. While he has some following, Gove does not have that appeal. He didn't even make it through to the final two in the last leadership election.

Quote from the Times. on 13:15 - Nov 14 with 1740 viewsHerbivore

Quote from the Times. on 13:12 - Nov 14 by Guthrum

The difference being that Johnson was the "loveable buffoon", with the public profile from having been Mayor of London, darling of the local constituency parties. While he has some following, Gove does not have that appeal. He didn't even make it through to the final two in the last leadership election.

Yep, think at this point even a lot of Tories have realised what a duplicitous, self-serving bellend Gove is. He's essentially Boris without the bumbling, self-effacing charm that seems to win a certain demographic over.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Login to get fewer ads

Quote from the Times. on 13:16 - Nov 14 with 1732 viewsWeWereZombies

Quote from the Times. on 11:27 - Nov 14 by Guthrum

So if they oust Johnson does that leave the only option that will be even halfway acceptable to all of the Conservative party the return of Theresa May?

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Quote from the Times. on 13:20 - Nov 14 with 1718 viewsbluelagos

Quote from the Times. on 13:16 - Nov 14 by WeWereZombies

So if they oust Johnson does that leave the only option that will be even halfway acceptable to all of the Conservative party the return of Theresa May?

Not sure why Hunt isn't getting a look in. Compared to Gove or Patel he's like a Tory Mother Theresa.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Quote from the Times. on 13:24 - Nov 14 with 1705 viewsPlums

Europe finishes Tory MPs, it’s been the same for decades. Johnson will be no different.

It's 106 miles to Portman Road, we've got a full tank of gas, half a round of Port Salut, it's dark... and we're wearing blue tinted sunglasses.
Poll: Which recent triallist should we have signed?

Quote from the Times. on 13:34 - Nov 14 with 1684 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Quote from the Times. on 13:20 - Nov 14 by bluelagos

Not sure why Hunt isn't getting a look in. Compared to Gove or Patel he's like a Tory Mother Theresa.

Which is why he isn't getting a look in.
Quote from the Times. on 13:41 - Nov 14 with 1670 viewsArnoldMoorhen

The best thing that can happen right now is for the EU and the UK Government to issue a statement making it very clear that the UK has left the EU, but because of the extraordinary circumstances of the pandemic it has both been impossible to conclude a deal this year, and also it is unwise for the safety, security and prosperity of all parties for the UK to exit without a deal. Therefore the one year withdrawal period is to be extended for another year.

And if Peter Bone or Bill Cash start wittering about about being rule takers it is agreed that the whole nation shall shout in unison, "Oh shut the fck up you colossal bellend."

That is what should happen. Anything else is dangerous, ideologicallly driven nonsense.
Quote from the Times. on 13:44 - Nov 14 with 1660 viewsHerbivore

You have to ask yourself how it's come to this, that the Tory party is in such a state and so bereft of talent that Jeremy Hunt looks like a decent option for leader.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Quote from the Times. on 13:44 - Nov 14 with 1657 viewsbluelagos

Quote from the Times. on 13:41 - Nov 14 by ArnoldMoorhen

The best thing that can happen right now is for the EU and the UK Government to issue a statement making it very clear that the UK has left the EU, but because of the extraordinary circumstances of the pandemic it has both been impossible to conclude a deal this year, and also it is unwise for the safety, security and prosperity of all parties for the UK to exit without a deal. Therefore the one year withdrawal period is to be extended for another year.

And if Peter Bone or Bill Cash start wittering about about being rule takers it is agreed that the whole nation shall shout in unison, "Oh shut the fck up you colossal bellend."

That is what should happen. Anything else is dangerous, ideologicallly driven nonsense.

Can't see a year extension but a 3 months for further negotiations isn't beyond a possibility. Especially if they point out that safely moving vaccines is dependent on it and so a matter of public health.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Quote from the Times. on 13:48 - Nov 14 with 1648 viewsHARRY10

He could be the dark horse, someone not tainted by the current infighting and seen as a moderate who could pull the party together

At the moment No 10 looks like Toad Hall where the weasels, stoats and ferrets have taken over control of it.

And this latest mess looks to be terminal, rather than another 'bump in the road' of a incompetent and failed 12 months
Quote from the Times. on 14:04 - Nov 14 with 1608 viewsGuthrum

Quote from the Times. on 13:16 - Nov 14 by WeWereZombies

Which is one reason why I think it may be a while before there is any attempt to overthrow Johnson. Cummings' departure does not really weaken his position as PM. Indeed, it may allow more policymaking agility and get more backbenchers onside.

Smiling Rishi Sunak is hovering in the wings, but I'm not sure he yet has the political weight or backers to get the top job. Javid hasn't got the following. Patel is too divisive. Hancock is too tainted by Covid problems. Hunt is too moderate. May is a busted flush. Are any of them realistic options?

Quote from the Times. on 14:06 - Nov 14 with 1604 viewsPendejo

Or perhaps a polite cough followed by a polite question:

Owing to a global pandemic and financial Armageddon, would you like to extend your stay for, say, 25 years then reconsider your position?

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Quote from the Times. on 14:11 - Nov 14 with 1593 viewsPendejo

I'd like Bluebadger's input with regards Hunt, I'm pretty sure he will hold an opinion on him.

uberima fides

Quote from the Times. on 14:31 - Nov 14 with 1578 viewsBlueBadger

Quote from the Times. on 14:11 - Nov 14 by Pendejo

I'd like Bluebadger's input with regards Hunt, I'm pretty sure he will hold an opinion on him.

Well, he did a better job as health secretary than Hancock, if that helps....

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Quote from the Times. on 14:47 - Nov 14 with 1546 viewsNthsuffolkblue

The biggest problem with this is that the worst of them are abandoning ship allowing the blame on how bad it is to be laid at "not properly leaving". Farage has already started. There is almost an argument for having the complete "no deal" Brexit and getting the massive disaster simply to show what those who still want it are really after. However, one of those who still "believes" in it recently told me it will take 10 years before we see the benefits so (in his privileged eyes) we can't assess how bad (or good) it is until that long is up.

The divisions these Brexiteers have created are going to remain whatever happens. The failures will be blamed on remainers for not believing enough and sabotaging the project. Once people stopped trusting experts or dealing in facts we were sunk. I am uncertain how the ship can be lifted off the bottom of the ocean.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Quote from the Times. on 19:34 - Nov 14 with 1451 viewsPendejo

Quote from the Times. on 14:31 - Nov 14 by BlueBadger

Well, he did a better job as health secretary than Hancock, if that helps....

I had thought he was hated, and had a rhyming slang nickname.

Or was it Gove at DfE?

uberima fides

Quote from the Times. on 19:43 - Nov 14 with 1434 viewsBlueBadger

Quote from the Times. on 19:34 - Nov 14 by Pendejo

Or was it Gove at DfE?

I fear you're associating with 'doing a better job than Hancock' with 'actually doing a competent job and not being a fact-free thicko intent on clashing with the people working for you'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Quote from the Times. on 19:43 - Nov 14 with 1434 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Quote from the Times. on 19:34 - Nov 14 by Pendejo

Or was it Gove at DfE?

You are right with Hunt. I am surprised to hear that Hancock is rated even worse. Even the staunch Conservative I know whose wife is a doctor said he wouldn't vote Conservative if Hunt won their leadership contest.

Gove had no rhyming nickname. He is widely recognised as having done so much damage to education that even successive education secretaries leaving things alone has done nothing to stem the on-going effects of Gove's utter disaster. Applauded by his Tory following to make it worse for sending education back towards the Victorian ages by changing everything without funding or notice.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Quote from the Times. on 21:17 - Nov 14 with 1386 viewsgardins01

Are you mad. Another 12 months of taking rubbish. Do a deal now or agree that's it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024