Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Congratulations, you got the job! 19:15 - Nov 30 with 1330 viewswkj

"Welcome to Ipswich Town Football Club, a club with a proud history and top notch facilities. We look forward to seeing you contribute to the goals and long term success of the club."

What is your first act as club manager?

========================================================================

The more specific your action and justification for making it would be really compelling reading.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Congratulations, you got the job! on 19:22 - Nov 30 with 1267 viewsleft_foot

Tell the fans about my excellent playing career.
Congratulations, you got the job! on 19:24 - Nov 30 with 1254 viewsSuperblue95

Release Alan Judge

My hobbies include being quiet during trips, clapping with songs, and diabetes.
Poll: Englands player of the tournament

Congratulations, you got the job! on 19:24 - Nov 30 with 1252 viewswkj

Congratulations, you got the job! on 19:22 - Nov 30 by left_foot

Tell the fans about my excellent playing career.

The board has decided to grant you a 5 year contract extension.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

Congratulations, you got the job! on 19:25 - Nov 30 with 1235 viewsleft_foot

Congratulations, you got the job! on 19:24 - Nov 30 by wkj

The board has decided to grant you a 5 year contract extension.

Amazing news... I really don’t deserve it, but why look a gift horse in the mouth. Anyone want a free pint?
Congratulations, you got the job! on 20:16 - Nov 30 with 1086 viewsPendejo

Seek out the HAMper

uberima fides
Poll: Start a new job tomorrow - which suit?

Congratulations, you got the job! on 20:20 - Nov 30 with 1066 viewsuefacup81

"Delegate all tasks"

Poll: Predictions for tonight?

Congratulations, you got the job! on 21:18 - Nov 30 with 967 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Appoint a competent fitness and physio team with a view to injury prevention first and treatment second.

Rapidly followed by the best tactical adviser I can get.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Congratulations, you got the job! on 21:50 - Nov 30 with 898 viewsHealysBackPocket

Get on the phone to Colin Healy and tempt him here to be my assistant and then have him talk through his entire performance from the Arsenal home game to the first team squad and instill that warrior mentality into them all
Login to get fewer ads

Congratulations, you got the job! on 22:03 - Nov 30 with 855 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Congratulations, you got the job! on 22:05 - Nov 30 with 844 viewsSeablu

Tell everyone Luke Chambers is the beating heart of this club and
invite Roger Osborne in for a thumbs-up threesome photo.

Use the diversion to see if ME is up for a 7 year contract extension.
Congratulations, you got the job! on 22:24 - Nov 30 with 783 viewsJ2BLUE

Reinstate Phil, call a press conference and tell them they are to hold me to account. They can ask anything without consequences.

Then i'd have individual meetings with Chambers, Ward and Skuse to get theirs views on what has gone on.

Then I would have a meeting with Holy and tell him he's my number one. The shirt is his and he's getting a long run in the team.

Then I would instruct the scouts to find me a brick sh1thouse, no nonsense CB, an experienced midfield general and LON to get on the phone to Wigan and get permission to speak to Joe Garner ASAP whatever it takes. Convince him to return.

Then I would gather the academy staff and coaches of the youth teams/U23s and tell them we are going to play a certain way and we are going to attack.

Then I would arrange a meeting with Marcus Evans and tell him we need investment. Proper investment in January. If he needs to sell someone to cover it then do it but I want my three targets because we are soft and the fans are sick of seeing us capitulate.

Then I would phone George Burley and offer him a job as a special advisor.

Then I would take a break. Eat a sandwich and drink a mug of strong tea, dash of skimmed milk, no sugar.

Then I would watch videos of Oxford all through the night. By morning my tactics board would look like Sheldon's whiteboard in Big Bang Theory.

Then we would win 4-0. Norwood, Jackson, Dobra and Woolf getting the goals.

Then I would fall asleep on the coach home, my heart filled with warmth that better days are ahead and wondering if i'll ever have a statue outside PR.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Congratulations, you got the job! on 23:45 - Nov 30 with 673 viewsjudespiveyg

Look into contracts for next season, specifically getting Andre Dozzell's agent on the phone, to know his what his contract demands are. From there work out which of our out of contract players are worth negotiating with. Edwards and Jackson are secondary priorities. Try and convince Chambers into taking a Skuse type contract when his expires. Make it clear to Huws and Skuse that they are not part of the club's future. Activate Bishop's option.

Send Bennetts back, recall Idris el Mizouni and Ben Folami.

Make Flynn Downes vice captain to emphasise his importance to the future of the club, ideally taking the captain's armband within the next 12 months.

Look for a right back on a short term deal to allow a Woolfenden-Chambers centre back partnership.

Make it clear that the team will be built around a spine of Woolfenden, Downes and Dozzell.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024