Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? 17:28 - Dec 2 with 3678 viewsWickwar_Blue

I’ve been moaning about Town since Scott Duncan left
When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 19:07 - Dec 2 with 1221 viewsYallop

When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 18:58 - Dec 2 by delias_cheesy_flaps

You're brave with no alcohol being sold....

Hip flask!
When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 19:23 - Dec 2 with 1208 viewsAce_High1

2005, last time we were decent on a semi-regular basis, scored goals for fun. Following the team all over the country you felt we could win every game. Quality players, good youngster players, a strategy and identity.

All down hill since then.
When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 19:30 - Dec 2 with 1197 viewsheavyweight

Not sure about being truly happy - but the last time I had genuine optimism watching town was those few games when Klug was caretaker .
When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 19:31 - Dec 2 with 1189 viewsPJH

When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 19:30 - Dec 2 by heavyweight

Not sure about being truly happy - but the last time I had genuine optimism watching town was those few games when Klug was caretaker .

Oh yeah, we won one of them as well,
When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 19:39 - Dec 2 with 1177 viewsbrushhand

under mm, we beat reading 2-0, still on the edge of the play offs in mid december.
we wasn't great, but at least we had a go. decent forward line that knew where the goal was.
November 2007 on 19:43 - Dec 2 with 1174 viewsDebsyAngel

November 2007 on 18:28 - Dec 2 by unstableblue

Ipswich 6 - Bristol City 0

And when an away manager stated: "They were rampant from the start and outplayed us in all parts."

Yes Magilton was failing away from home, and clearly was a little mad in the management style.

But what people forget - and just think of the poor younger fans who've only witnessed Macus' cack appointment - is that Town used to attack in waves, relentless, for long periods. We bossed the visiting team.

Even under Mick, our best period since 2007, we were often second best, and were reserved. Visiting managers would often bemoan not getting the result they deserved.

Teams used to sh!t themselves coming to PR.

Sighs

That would be the one for me too - funnily enough had this very match on an old video a couple of weeks ago. Used to love going then. Also other games from that time, had totally forgotten Velice Sumulikoski! Really loved going then.
When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 19:48 - Dec 2 with 1162 viewsMalcolmBlue

When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 17:43 - Dec 2 by ArnoldMoorhen

Scott Duncan? Don't get me started on Scott Duncan! He fielded a team with 4 Half Backs once!

Didn't Keane once field a team with 4 CBs and 4 CMs?

Poll: Is Theresa May the "Paul Hurst" of politics?

When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 19:48 - Dec 2 with 1162 viewsjudespiveyg

Bit of a left field one but losing 2-1 to West Ham in a friendly in summer 2018. The midfield of Downes, Nydam and Dozzell inspired hope for the future, Hurst's new signings of Edwards and Harrison having really promising debuts against a full strength Premier League side. I didn't think it was a team ready to challenge but it felt like a real fresh start after the log jam of the previous two seasons. The future actually looked bright.

I survived Ipswich 0-0 Burton

Login to get fewer ads

When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? (n/t) on 19:52 - Dec 2 with 1145 viewsbrushhand

When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 19:48 - Dec 2 by judespiveyg

Bit of a left field one but losing 2-1 to West Ham in a friendly in summer 2018. The midfield of Downes, Nydam and Dozzell inspired hope for the future, Hurst's new signings of Edwards and Harrison having really promising debuts against a full strength Premier League side. I didn't think it was a team ready to challenge but it felt like a real fresh start after the log jam of the previous two seasons. The future actually looked bright.

that team would off put up a better fight than the one he then put out.
we played some really good football that day.
dismissed because it was only a friendly.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2020 19:55]
When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 19:53 - Dec 2 with 1141 viewsunstableblue

When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 19:39 - Dec 2 by brushhand

under mm, we beat reading 2-0, still on the edge of the play offs in mid december.
we wasn't great, but at least we had a go. decent forward line that knew where the goal was.

Reading had 75% possession.... these weren’t the wins to enthuse the town fan base!!

But as you say at least we had decent strikers

Poll: How many points will Town get from 5 (Wat, Boro, Hull, Cov, Hudd)?

When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 19:58 - Dec 2 with 1133 viewsunstableblue

When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 18:47 - Dec 2 by jeera

There were some excellent times under Joe, and Jim and Mick.

It's a shame all that gets forgotten sometimes and a generalisation becomes the norm for some of those tenures.

Heck, there were even a few fun performances under Jewell.

The rest: Keane, Hurst,Lambert, have all been c***s with few redeeming features.

That West Ham away win under Jewell was a truly fantastic performance one of the best of the Marcus era.... we passed the ball so so well

When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 19:59 - Dec 2 with 1132 viewsbrushhand

When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 19:53 - Dec 2 by unstableblue

Reading had 75% possession.... these weren’t the wins to enthuse the town fan base!!

But as you say at least we had decent strikers

we at least attempted to play some football at that stage.
what followed was a home game on boxing day,where i frize my nuts off and we didn't have a shot on goal till about the 70th minute.
When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 20:01 - Dec 2 with 1125 viewsunstableblue

When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 18:39 - Dec 2 by HealysBackPocket

I think it was probably Chaplow’s goal at Watford away. Nearly everything after that has been a mixture of disappointment, anger and/or apathy.

The first half of that game was drab. Mick out thought Watford, and we deserved it.

Last minute goals always good.

But I’ve always felt that the way that victory was lauded sort of summed up how the standards of fans at Town have just forgotten what a true Ipswich performance is!

When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 20:14 - Dec 2 with 1112 viewsSwailsey

Play off semi final, Anderson. Wow.

Who said: "Colin Healy made Cesc Fabregas look like Colin Healy"? | We miss you TLA

When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 20:56 - Dec 2 with 1081 viewsParamedic

Any time from 1975, my first Town game, to the last time we beat Norwich under Magic. The denominator here is it was all prior to Marcus Evans, nearly 15 years of utter doom and false hopes.

AllalallalSunderland

When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 23:26 - Dec 2 with 1033 viewsblueasfook

Ironically during the Jewell era. Feb 2012. We were hovering around the bottom three and I went along to PR that evening to watch us play West Ham expecting more tripe. But ending up leaving overjoyed after we beat the Hammers 5-1. For 90 minutes, I was proud to be a town fan again. But sadly it didn't last. I think we then went on a losing streak again after that, and the Jewell Out feelings returned.

Elite Poster. TWTD Hottest Poster (1999, 2000, 2001).
Poll: How do you think season will end for us?

When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 23:48 - Dec 2 with 1005 viewsArthur_Hayes

Helsingborg away
When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 00:06 - Dec 3 with 999 viewsrkc123

Large parts of the 2014/15 season under Mick, it was a team that obviously didn't always play the best football, but that you could be properly proud to support. I remember loving the story in the press (avoiding the word narrative) of this hard working team assembled for £10,000, and amongst the gritty hard working types there were some really lovely players to watch.
When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 02:01 - Dec 3 with 978 viewsStNeotsBlue

The away game against the Sister Worriers when Chambers banged in a last minute header for what surely be our first win against them in an age. This wonderful feeling lasted for about 90 seconds till they equalised with just about the last kick of the game. Sums up being a Town fan for too long, as soon as it becomes enjoyable you get a kick in the balls instead of the hand job with a happy ending that were hoping for.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2020 2:07]
When was the last time you were truly happy as a Town fan? on 07:48 - Dec 3 with 921 viewsMetal_Hacker

Truth be told I can honestly not remember

Most recent times I really cannot remember

As sad as it is regardless of the fact I was fortunate to witness the FA Cup Final , UEFA Cup FInal and the Play Off Final in person ...I always go back in my mind to standing in the North Stand watching Mathie smash his first half hat-trick

Recent years (last 15) sorry but I can't

Poll: If it were one or the other

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024