Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time for Holy again? 16:04 - Dec 13 with 2598 viewschrismakin

Not saying GK will make us score goals of course, but that's 6 games with Cornell without a win.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Time for Holy again? on 16:07 - Dec 13 with 2345 viewsWD19

Correlation isn’t causation, but we slipped down the table when Holy got dropped last year too.

It’s probably just random chance.
Time for Holy again? on 16:09 - Dec 13 with 2336 viewschrismakin

Time for Holy again? on 16:07 - Dec 13 by WD19

Correlation isn’t causation, but we slipped down the table when Holy got dropped last year too.

It’s probably just random chance.

Im suprised that whilst Holy has his limitations, he's big kicks CAN cause problems further up the pitch, but lambert is so desperate to play from back it takes away that potential threat

Cornel is even worse with ball at his feet and in each game nearly concedes a goal from passing to the opponenets.

Just stick Holy in, go 4-4-2, forget the keep ball and get the ball down the other end

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Time for Holy again? on 16:10 - Dec 13 with 2321 viewsALF

Apart from Plymouth?
Time for Holy again? on 16:15 - Dec 13 with 2301 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Time for Holy again? on 16:10 - Dec 13 by ALF

Apart from Plymouth?

Indeed, it is only 4 matches and 1 of those was a win.

I thought Holy was doing fine and didn't think needed dropping. However, what I have seen of Cornell suggests he has been marginally better.

Not sure what those who are criticising either or both of these keepers are expecting to be honest.

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

Time for Holy again? on 16:17 - Dec 13 with 2290 viewsPJH

Could play Holy upfront and keep our best keeper in goal.
Time for Holy again? on 16:19 - Dec 13 with 2280 viewsHerbivore

There was no point dropping Holy but now he's been dropped those no point changing back again without good reason. I've not been convinced by Cornell but the last few games he hasn't done a lot wrong so not sure what dropping him would achieve.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Time for Holy again? on 16:28 - Dec 13 with 2237 viewsMrTown

Tomas Holy, not good enough by MrTown 25 Nov 2020 19:28
Just saying.

Cornell the much better keeper. It’s what’s in front of him that’s a sh*t show. As Mick Mills says, can you rely on Dozzell as your anchor player in front of back four as well, nope. His qualities are not the defensive ones.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 16:29]

Poll: Would love to know the opinions on here now of Lambert genuinely?

Time for Holy again? on 16:32 - Dec 13 with 2222 viewsIllinoisblue

No.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Login to get fewer ads

Time for Holy again? on 16:34 - Dec 13 with 2214 viewsBlueBadger

Time for Holy again? on 16:09 - Dec 13 by chrismakin

Im suprised that whilst Holy has his limitations, he's big kicks CAN cause problems further up the pitch, but lambert is so desperate to play from back it takes away that potential threat

Cornel is even worse with ball at his feet and in each game nearly concedes a goal from passing to the opponenets.

Just stick Holy in, go 4-4-2, forget the keep ball and get the ball down the other end

The Fans will never stand for non-technical football in division 3!

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Time for Holy again? on 16:49 - Dec 13 with 2160 viewsBlueBadger

Time for Holy again? on 16:15 - Dec 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

I thought Holy was doing fine and didn't think needed dropping. However, what I have seen of Cornell suggests he has been marginally better.

Not sure what those who are criticising either or both of these keepers are expecting to be honest.

On my limited viewings of Cornell, he strikes me as maybe a better shot stopper than Holy but is never far away from a monumental cock-up. Holy a bit less spectacular but arguably more reliable, I'd say.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Where would it be funniest to see NCFC fans crying on the telly?
Blog: From Despair to Where?

Time for Holy again? on 16:54 - Dec 13 with 2146 viewshomer_123

Holy is a poor man's Bart and Cornell a poor man's Gerken.
[Post edited 13 Dec 2020 17:00]

Ade Akinbiyi couldn't hit a cows arse with a banjo...
Poll: As things stand, how confident are you we will get promoted this season?

Time for Holy again? on 16:57 - Dec 13 with 2136 viewsHalifaxBlue

I don't think Holy should have been dropped in the first place. But I definitely don't think Cornell should be dropped now.

I think Cornell is playing being a defence that is in much much worse form than Holy was, and frankly he has pulled off some great saves in the last few weeks. Hell the save off the header yesterday was Banks-esque.

He's been dodgy with his feet but this does take time and he does have that ability (I have a Northampton supporting mate who backs this up). Not that Holy doesn't. But he is in for now and in the last two weeks he has definitely saved us more than he's cost us.

He also cares. He'll get right in his defenders' face if they drop concentration. We need that right now.

Poll: Hurst or Ross, discounting any other candidates?

Time for Holy again? on 19:46 - Dec 13 with 1962 viewsSuperCoops

Time for Holy again? on 16:19 - Dec 13 by Herbivore

There was no point dropping Holy but now he's been dropped those no point changing back again without good reason. I've not been convinced by Cornell but the last few games he hasn't done a lot wrong so not sure what dropping him would achieve.

I was puzzled why Holy seems to have been singled out and dropped, but likewise, I don't think Cornell justifies being dropped too.

Certainly don't think that's our weakest link, just another clueless decision from a manager that has lost his way.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2020 18:41]
Time for Holy again? on 09:19 - Dec 14 with 1818 viewsHerbivore

Time for Holy again? on 19:46 - Dec 13 by SuperCoops

I was puzzled why Holy seems to have been singled out and dropped, but likewise, I don't think Cornell justifies being dropped too.

Certainly don't think that's our weakest link, just another clueless decision from a manager that has lost his way.
[Post edited 14 Dec 2020 18:41]

Indeed. Similar happened last season, changing around of goalkeepers for no obvious reason. Most successful sides have a number 1 who keeps the shirt unless injured or clearly out of form. You need that stability.

Time for Holy again? on 09:21 - Dec 14 with 1812 viewsKropotkin123

We should change our keeper weekly. No point having a settled defence that understand each other implicitly.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Time for Holy again? on 09:43 - Dec 14 with 1761 viewsKeno

you thinking of playing him up front?

Poll: Where will be finish next season
Blog: [Blog] My World Cup Reflections

Time for Holy again? on 09:46 - Dec 14 with 1749 viewsHerbivore

Time for Holy again? on 09:43 - Dec 14 by Keno

you thinking of playing him up front?

He'd probably be more mobile than Hawkins to be fair.

Time for Holy again? on 09:52 - Dec 14 with 1747 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

I presume you didn't see Saturday's game? Cornell was superb and our best player by a mile.

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

Time for Holy again? on 10:05 - Dec 14 with 1712 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Time for Holy again? on 09:19 - Dec 14 by Herbivore

Indeed. Similar happened last season, changing around of goalkeepers for no obvious reason. Most successful sides have a number 1 who keeps the shirt unless injured or clearly out of form. You need that stability.

Well, the reason clearly was that Lambert doesn't rate Holy anymore, i would think. You would never bring in Norris from Wolves after just signing a brand new keeper.

FWIW, i don't think Holy should come back, Cornell seems to be growing with each game and it does suit the way we play - albeit it isn't working right now.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Time for Holy again? on 10:13 - Dec 14 with 1696 viewsHerbivore

Time for Holy again? on 10:05 - Dec 14 by JammyDodgerrr

Well, the reason clearly was that Lambert doesn't rate Holy anymore, i would think. You would never bring in Norris from Wolves after just signing a brand new keeper.

FWIW, i don't think Holy should come back, Cornell seems to be growing with each game and it does suit the way we play - albeit it isn't working right now.

Then why did he sign Holy? Lack of due diligence? Why then start him as first choice last season and eventually bring him back as first choice later in the season? Why start him as first choice again this season? This season and last he was dropped at a point where it was hard to identify him having done too much wrong to warrant being dropped. Holy is a perfectly decent League 1 keeper, he has his faults but if he didn't he'd be playing at a higher level. The way he's been used here is symptomatic of Lambert's general lack of any clue how to manage a team.

Time for Holy again? on 11:52 - Dec 14 with 1649 viewsChrisd

Time for Holy again? on 10:13 - Dec 14 by Herbivore

Then why did he sign Holy? Lack of due diligence? Why then start him as first choice last season and eventually bring him back as first choice later in the season? Why start him as first choice again this season? This season and last he was dropped at a point where it was hard to identify him having done too much wrong to warrant being dropped. Holy is a perfectly decent League 1 keeper, he has his faults but if he didn't he'd be playing at a higher level. The way he's been used here is symptomatic of Lambert's general lack of any clue how to manage a team.

Both are average L1 keepers, nothing more.

Poll: Where are we going to finish?

Time for Holy again? on 11:54 - Dec 14 with 1644 viewsJammyDodgerrr

Time for Holy again? on 10:13 - Dec 14 by Herbivore

Well i suspect he was a good deal and was on a free so, took a punt. Then didn't like what he saw - signed Norris on loan. Then signed Cornell in the summer who clearly wasn't up to speed so had to start with Holy and then dropped him. Obviously i agree it is all symptomatic.

Poll: How many Loanees would you like in the team next season?
Blog: [Blog] What Happened to Our Star Number Nine?

Time for Holy again? on 12:02 - Dec 14 with 1627 viewsHerbivore

Time for Holy again? on 11:54 - Dec 14 by JammyDodgerrr

Well i suspect he was a good deal and was on a free so, took a punt. Then didn't like what he saw - signed Norris on loan. Then signed Cornell in the summer who clearly wasn't up to speed so had to start with Holy and then dropped him. Obviously i agree it is all symptomatic.

So we just took a punt on a first choice goalie on a free on what will likely be decent League 1 wages? I hope that's not the case as it'd be pretty rank incompetent to not have done our due diligence. I still don't think that explains adequately why he then started both seasons, got dropped after not doing much wrong, and in the case of last season then came back in for a further couple of spells. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in again once our poor form continues a bit longer with Cornell in goal.

Time for Holy again? on 12:13 - Dec 14 with 1607 viewsjayessess

Time for Holy again? on 12:02 - Dec 14 by Herbivore

So we just took a punt on a first choice goalie on a free on what will likely be decent League 1 wages? I hope that's not the case as it'd be pretty rank incompetent to not have done our due diligence. I still don't think that explains adequately why he then started both seasons, got dropped after not doing much wrong, and in the case of last season then came back in for a further couple of spells. I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in again once our poor form continues a bit longer with Cornell in goal.

When was the last time we signed someone on a free who markedly improved the first team?

Blog: What Now? Taking a Look at Life in League One

Time for Holy again? on 13:20 - Dec 14 with 1538 viewsRadlett_blue

Time for Holy again? on 16:15 - Dec 13 by Nthsuffolkblue

Far bigger issues about the team than the GK. Cornell has done well & is our player so not like rotating Holy & an inferior loanee last season.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024