Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
I am assuming PL will be sacked next week 17:03 - Jan 30 with 1038 viewsthebooks

I feel a bit sorry for him, to be honest. Not that he doesn’t deserve the boot.

He’s obviously been suffering from COVID badly. He goes on Football Focus today and then has Stephen Warnock put the knife in. FF would have known this; Warnock’s said exactly the same thing about being dropped at Villa on Radio Five.

Also, the relentless failure. How on earth do you carry on when you underachieve week in week out? I do think he’s expecting to be sacked — it’s a bit like the end of the Keane and Jewel reigns, when they were obviously going through the motions and waiting to be put out of their misery.

Really, I blame Evans for not putting him out of his misery.
I am assuming PL will be sacked next week on 17:05 - Jan 30 with 953 viewswkj

I doubt it- We're in this with Lambert until the end of the season I fear.

Premier Poster. Too good to be elite.
Poll: Who do you want to see join us IN THE PREMIER LEAGUE
Blog: The Identity Crisis of Modern Football

I am assuming PL will be sacked next week on 17:08 - Jan 30 with 876 viewsthebooks

I am assuming PL will be sacked next week on 17:05 - Jan 30 by wkj

I doubt it- We're in this with Lambert until the end of the season I fear.

My god, I hope not.

Lots of “football was at the bottom of my list of priorities when I was ill” comments in the Football Focus interview. Seemed he was asking to be relieved of his duties for health reasons. Can’t see it going on any longer.
I am assuming PL will be sacked next week on 17:09 - Jan 30 with 831 viewsdominiciawful

I don't have the slightest bit of sympathy for him.

Poll: Which manager of the Marcus Evans era do you dislike the most?

I am assuming PL will be sacked next week on 17:09 - Jan 30 with 830 viewsParamedic

You feel sorry for him? COVID aside, he has put this club in its worst position for decades with what is probably the best squad in this division. If he gets the sack I fear he will be in a very positive financial position.

AllalallalSunderland

I am assuming PL will be sacked next week on 17:09 - Jan 30 with 798 viewsnodge_blue

What did Warnock say?

Poll: best attacking central midfielder?

I am assuming PL will be sacked next week on 17:10 - Jan 30 with 791 viewsmrshallisfit

A - dont feel sorry for him. He's a pretty unlikable individual
B - dont feel sorry for him. He's not pushed us forward for over a year now
C - dont feel sorry for him. Evans wont sack him next week anyway
I am assuming PL will be sacked next week on 17:10 - Jan 30 with 773 viewstractordownsouth

I feel sorry for him for suffering from Covid, but the reality is he's been inept since before anyone knew Covid existed.

Poll: Preferred Lambert replacement?
Blog: No Time to Panic Yet

I am assuming PL will be sacked next week on 17:13 - Jan 30 with 713 viewsMonkeyAlan

He is here until at least summer. And will probably get the chance to rebuild then too.
Login to get fewer ads

I am assuming PL will be sacked next week on 17:15 - Jan 30 with 668 viewsBlueBadger

Don't. He's been rubbish for two years and openly confrontational and contemptuous of fans and community.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: Do we still want KM to be our manager
Blog: From Despair to Where?

I am assuming PL will be sacked next week on 17:15 - Jan 30 with 668 viewsRandall

I haven’t really disliked any of our hapless managers since Magilton.

They all did their best in their own way and had short periods of relative success.

We just lack quality and have done for years now. Really, unless you spend money you are going backwards these days, and for a club with our ground and fan base, Evans isn’t up to it. There’s no point owning a club like ours unless you are trying to get to the Premier League - let someone else have a go. You can’t run a football club like a garden centre - you need some ambition.
I am assuming PL will be sacked next week on 17:15 - Jan 30 with 651 viewsthebooks

I am assuming PL will be sacked next week on 17:09 - Jan 30 by nodge_blue

What did Warnock say?

That he’s completely humourless and dropped him without any reason or explanation. They then went through his win % record (which is obviously awful) — I suspect he was just expecting an interview about COVID. “Not for me,” was Warnock’s final comment.

As most of this type of ex-player commentary is 99% bantz, it stood out.
I am assuming PL will be sacked next week on 17:17 - Jan 30 with 594 viewsthebooks

I am assuming PL will be sacked next week on 17:15 - Jan 30 by BlueBadger

Don't. He's been rubbish for two years and openly confrontational and contemptuous of fans and community.

Oh, I know. Some of the Brenner interviews, the Phil Ham episode, the blaming the fans...

Just a depressing situation that should be sorted out this evening.
I am assuming PL will be sacked next week on 17:17 - Jan 30 with 594 viewsC_HealyIsAPleasure

If he’s suffering from COVID badly, to a level where say, he hasn’t been able to fulfil his club press obligations most of the time lately, he could just not go on Football Focus

FOPRP

Highlighting crass stupidity since sometime around 2010
Poll: Would you want Messi to sign?

I am assuming PL will be sacked next week on 17:24 - Jan 30 with 492 viewsClareBlue

I am assuming PL will be sacked next week on 17:15 - Jan 30 by thebooks

That he’s completely humourless and dropped him without any reason or explanation. They then went through his win % record (which is obviously awful) — I suspect he was just expecting an interview about COVID. “Not for me,” was Warnock’s final comment.

As most of this type of ex-player commentary is 99% bantz, it stood out.

yes, it really was pretty obvious what he thought about him and not the usual platitudes. But don't feel sorry for him. He mentioned his illness plenty of times but no empathy for others in the club who were ill, or general empathy for anyone who was sick.

It was all about him which is his personality. He is actually not very good at his job and like most failures in high level positions it is never his fault.

Take aside the football for a moment and see that he genuinely is not a very nice human being and the sooner he leaves the better so we don't have to even think about him.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024