Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"I can't wait to get going" 16:21 - Feb 1 with 749 viewsprozach

This phrase absolutely does my nut in. I know it's irrational, and I don't know why.

Why does every player say that these days?!

Blog: [Blog] Striking Issues

"I can't wait to get going" on 16:24 - Feb 1 with 732 viewsSpruceMoose

I reckon it's because they all get the exact same media training - How to speak without actually saying anything.

It's a change from "It's a great club, Premier League Facilities".

Don't hear that much anymore.

Pronouns: He/Him/His. "Imagine being a heterosexual white male in Britain at this moment. How bad is that. Everything you say is racist, everything you say is homophobic. The Woke community have really f****d this country."
Poll: Selectamod

"I can't wait to get going" on 16:35 - Feb 1 with 688 viewsprozach

"I can't wait to get going" on 16:24 - Feb 1 by SpruceMoose

I reckon it's because they all get the exact same media training - How to speak without actually saying anything.

It's a change from "It's a great club, Premier League Facilities".

Don't hear that much anymore.

Very true, could very well be the case. Player/manager interviews are all very dull and interchangeable these days.

Blog: [Blog] Striking Issues

"I can't wait to get going" on 16:36 - Feb 1 with 685 viewsSwansea_Blue

'I can't wait for him to be gone' is presumably ok though?

Poll: Do you think Pert is key to all of this?

"I can't wait to get going" on 16:37 - Feb 1 with 678 viewsBlueBadger

What he means is 'I've met the manager, I can't believe what a fraud he is, I can't wait to be going away from him'.

I'm one of the people who was blamed for getting Paul Cook sacked. PM for the full post.
Poll: What would be the funniest relegation on Saturday
Blog: From Despair to Where?

"I can't wait to get going" on 16:38 - Feb 1 with 668 viewsWD19

Because they are a bit dim and they are just parroting common phrases they have heard other people say.

What he means, which is fine, is that he doesn't much like standing around talking to the media. He would much rather just be playing football, having a laugh with his teammates and/or texting his bird
"I can't wait to get going" on 16:49 - Feb 1 with 640 viewsmonty_radio

There's so much passing that needs to be thought about before he can get going. It's certainly obligatory to say it, but also slightly sad. Has he studied the videos, I wonder? And, if so, it's youthful optimism of the highest order to imagine you're going to be able to make a difference.

Blog: Too Many Suspects? – A Swede Ramble

"I can't wait to get going" on 16:50 - Feb 1 with 635 viewsBluedanW

Pretty much what Luke Thomas said, i'm guessing he will be 'going' back to the bench on Saturday
[Post edited 1 Feb 2021 16:51]
"I can't wait to get going" on 17:57 - Feb 1 with 584 viewsThe_Flashing_Smile

"I can't wait to get going" on 16:38 - Feb 1 by WD19

Because they are a bit dim and they are just parroting common phrases they have heard other people say.

What he means, which is fine, is that he doesn't much like standing around talking to the media. He would much rather just be playing football, having a laugh with his teammates and/or texting his bird

Alright, enough with the parrot puns now!

Trust the process. Trust Phil.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024