Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bitcoin, can someone help 21:43 - Feb 15 with 3443 viewschrismakin

Mother in law has 5 bitcoins, she's no idea what she's doing with them as husband bought for her, how much are the worth at the moment to sell, i've no idea how it works.

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Bitcoin, can someone help on 21:44 - Feb 15 with 3034 viewsBryanPlug

[content removed at owner's request]

Poll: What should the status of a turntable lid be when playing records?

Bitcoin, can someone help on 21:45 - Feb 15 with 3027 viewsCokeIsKey

Erm... That's like £170,000 right now - sounds like a shrewd investment from her husband.

Poll: Should Lambert continue as the Ipswich Town manager?

Bitcoin, can someone help on 21:45 - Feb 15 with 3025 viewsElderGrizzly

They are worth about £35k each!
Bitcoin, can someone help on 21:48 - Feb 15 with 2976 viewsFunge

Righto.
Bitcoin, can someone help on 21:48 - Feb 15 with 2982 viewschrismakin

Bitcoin, can someone help on 21:44 - Feb 15 by BryanPlug

Thanks, i wasn't sure i saw on google it said the value of it, but weren't sure if that was a literal thing!

Think he put in 5k in total when he got them

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Bitcoin, can someone help on 21:50 - Feb 15 with 2950 viewsBryanPlug

Bitcoin, can someone help on 21:48 - Feb 15 by chrismakin

Thanks, i wasn't sure i saw on google it said the value of it, but weren't sure if that was a literal thing!

Think he put in 5k in total when he got them

Bitcoin, can someone help on 21:56 - Feb 15 with 2893 viewsIllinoisblue

Bitcoin, can someone help on 21:48 - Feb 15 by Funge

Righto.

Someone is going to respond with a sarky “I’ve got a chest full of gold coins and diamonds, anyone know what they’re worth?” post. Not me.

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Bitcoin, can someone help on 21:57 - Feb 15 with 2888 viewsBlueandTruesince82

If she wants to sell she needs to know how or where they are held? Are they on an exchange (where you trade crypto) or on a hard drive or in cold storage (off line)..

If on an exchange she can just sell but suggest she gets some advice RE Tax implications.

Poll: Will Phil ever confirm we are actually close on a signing ever again

Login to get fewer ads

Bitcoin, can someone help on 22:00 - Feb 15 with 2849 viewschrismakin

Bitcoin, can someone help on 21:57 - Feb 15 by BlueandTruesince82

If she wants to sell she needs to know how or where they are held? Are they on an exchange (where you trade crypto) or on a hard drive or in cold storage (off line)..

If on an exchange she can just sell but suggest she gets some advice RE Tax implications.

Cheers, we're going to look into further tommorow

Bitcoin, can someone help on 22:03 - Feb 15 with 2834 viewsBryanPlug

Bitcoin, can someone help on 22:00 - Feb 15 by chrismakin

Bitcoin, can someone help on 22:05 - Feb 15 with 2808 viewschrismakin

Bitcoin, can someone help on 22:03 - Feb 15 by BryanPlug

Will do,

Bitcoin, can someone help on 22:05 - Feb 15 with 2807 viewsJ2BLUE

Someone on here posted they didn't get in at the start as they didn't think it should be distributed the way it was...

Could have done some amazing charity work with the gains...

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Bitcoin, can someone help on 22:06 - Feb 15 with 2794 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Bitcoin, can someone help on 22:00 - Feb 15 by chrismakin

Once you know where they are let me know and I can advise a little bit more as to what to do. Watch the price over the comming days, it will move.... just Google it and you'll see

Bitcoin, can someone help on 22:53 - Feb 15 with 2623 viewsBehind_Enemy_Lines

Bitcoin, can someone help on 22:06 - Feb 15 by BlueandTruesince82

Once you know where they are let me know and I can advise a little bit more as to what to do. Watch the price over the comming days, it will move.... just Google it and you'll see

Welsh man chucked out hard drive with Bitcoin on and is now worth £210 + million https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/bitcoin-landfill-newport-james-how
[Post edited 15 Feb 2021 22:55]
Bitcoin, can someone help on 00:59 - Feb 16 with 2443 viewsJDB23

Will be interesting to see how much cryptocurrency has an effect on climate change given the mass amount of energy being used to mine it. Good to see Elon "saviour of the world" Musk pushing it hard for the bantz.
Bitcoin, can someone help on 01:38 - Feb 16 with 2408 viewsEl_Fenix

I'm glad for your mother-in-law, but why is this a football thread?

You could add another sentence "How many bitcoins would it take to pay off Paul Lambert's contract?"

Fixed it for ya!

ITFC shall rise like a phoenix from the ashes of its long decline!

Bitcoin, can someone help on 07:10 - Feb 16 with 2240 viewsBryanPlug

Bitcoin, can someone help on 01:38 - Feb 16 by El_Fenix

I'm glad for your mother-in-law, but why is this a football thread?

You could add another sentence "How many bitcoins would it take to pay off Paul Lambert's contract?"

Fixed it for ya!

Bitcoin, can someone help on 07:47 - Feb 16 with 2147 viewsSnedders

Bitcoin, can someone help on 00:59 - Feb 16 by JDB23

Will be interesting to see how much cryptocurrency has an effect on climate change given the mass amount of energy being used to mine it. Good to see Elon "saviour of the world" Musk pushing it hard for the bantz.

Bitcoin is much more efficient than traditional banking and gold mining on a global scale. Traditional banking consumes 2.34 billion gigajoules (GJ) per year and gold mining 500 million GJ, while Bitcoin consumes 184 million GJ, less than 10% and 40% of traditional banking and gold mining, respectively.

https://ark-invest.com/articles/analyst-research/bitcoin-myths/
Bitcoin, can someone help on 07:52 - Feb 16 with 2119 viewsHerbivore

Bitcoin, can someone help on 07:10 - Feb 16 by BryanPlug

Yeah, those threads you started trolling everyone about how great we were during and after the Blackpool game, followed by threads doing a complete 180 just 3 days later were pretty cringe to be fair.

Poll: Should someone on benefits earn more than David Cameron?
Blog: Where Did It All Go Wrong for Paul Hurst?

Bitcoin, can someone help on 07:54 - Feb 16 with 2115 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Bitcoin, can someone help on 07:47 - Feb 16 by Snedders

Bitcoin is much more efficient than traditional banking and gold mining on a global scale. Traditional banking consumes 2.34 billion gigajoules (GJ) per year and gold mining 500 million GJ, while Bitcoin consumes 184 million GJ, less than 10% and 40% of traditional banking and gold mining, respectively.

Bitcoin is not the only currency, many others are not mined at all.

Bitcoin is a starting point and there are literally hundreds of alts outhere with real world use cases. Lots of people say BTC will fall by the wayside. Equally others say it will continue to fly.

Just in terms of the need not to mint physical currency you are reducing the impact. BTC is probabaly the less efficient but it's impact is over hyped

Bitcoin, can someone help on 08:29 - Feb 16 with 2022 viewsSparky85

I have traded a little with crypto so just a word of warning about how volatile this market can be.
I agree with a previous post about taking some of the profits and leaving some invested. Its worth keeping an eye on the price though as it has fluctuated between £5k and £35k in 2020 alone.
Also maybe take some financial advice before selling up. You can be hit with capital gains tax if you take too much profit out in one hit.

That's my 2p worth anyway. Great story and congrats to your mother in law. Have you negotiated your fee for assisting her in this? :)

I am still hoping to randomly find a few bitcoins on my old computers. The search continues...
Bitcoin, can someone help on 09:04 - Feb 16 with 1921 viewsGuthrum

Bitcoin, can someone help on 07:47 - Feb 16 by Snedders

Altho if Bitcoin becomes a mainstram currency, it will require a lot of the same infrastructure - and therefore energy consumption - as traditional banking.

Much of the world's gold mining goes into electronics and jewellery, not anything to do with currency.

Plus Bitcoin is consuming that much while it's still a fringe currency with very little actual circulation.

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Bitcoin, can someone help on 09:08 - Feb 16 with 1912 viewsGuthrum

Bitcoin, can someone help on 07:54 - Feb 16 by BlueandTruesince82

Bitcoin is not the only currency, many others are not mined at all.

Bitcoin is a starting point and there are literally hundreds of alts outhere with real world use cases. Lots of people say BTC will fall by the wayside. Equally others say it will continue to fly.

Just in terms of the need not to mint physical currency you are reducing the impact. BTC is probabaly the less efficient but it's impact is over hyped

Physical currency is still needed, tho. Bitcoin is useless in a low-tech environment with uncertain or no internet access (or power supplies, even).

Good Lord! Whatever is it?
Poll: McCarthy: A More Nuanced Poll
Blog: [Blog] For Those Panicking About the Lack of Transfer Activity

Bitcoin, can someone help on 12:51 - Feb 16 with 1741 viewsBlueandTruesince82

Bitcoin, can someone help on 09:08 - Feb 16 by Guthrum

Physical currency is still needed, tho. Bitcoin is useless in a low-tech environment with uncertain or no internet access (or power supplies, even).

It's not designed for a low tech environment. That's missing the point. Even in the poorest countries smart phones are finding there way. There are already users in such countries holding stable coins to guard agaisnt the volatilty of their local currency.

Crypto will not replace fiat, it will sit alongside and integrate with it so you will still be able to pay in fiat. If you mint bitcoin its no longer bitcoin..... just coin

Bitcoin, can someone help on 12:54 - Feb 16 with 1721 viewsNthsuffolkblue

Remarkable how much the pound has plummeted!

Poll: Is Jeremy Clarkson misogynistic, racist or plain nasty?
Blog: [Blog] Ghostbusters

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024