Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pitch Renovations 17:48 - May 13 with 2500 viewschrismakin

No County Cup finals on the pitch this month due to a change in pitch renovations by the new owners

Could we possibly be seeing the complete renovation of the playing surface rather than just a bit of seeding?

Never be afraid to share your thoughts.
Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?
Blog: We Need to Go Back to the Past to Go Forwards

Pitch Renovations on 17:50 - May 13 with 2473 viewsFPL_Tractor

Not sure if this is linked but I’ve heard 2 of the new owners mention a new scoreboard. May be that would render the pitch out of bounds?

For more ITFC chat and some fantasy football mutterings follow me on twitter @fpl_tractor.

Pitch Renovations on 17:52 - May 13 with 2451 viewsCheltenham_Blue

A 'change' in pitch renovations? Where have you seen this?

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Pitch Renovations on 17:53 - May 13 with 2451 viewschrismakin

Pitch Renovations on 17:52 - May 13 by Cheltenham_Blue

A 'change' in pitch renovations? Where have you seen this?

Sorry thought id put that in the OP

Poll: As TWTD polls influence Ashton.. what should he have for breakfast tomorrow?

Pitch Renovations on 17:56 - May 13 with 2413 viewsFreddies_Ears

It isn't a new pitch, though to be fair the current pitch isn't in bad nick after an easier season + fair weather. I heard the work would ideally take up to 10 weeks, so an earlier start makes it easier to do a good job.
Pitch Renovations on 17:57 - May 13 with 2410 viewstextbackup

Oh fantastic. So not only have we got every Tom dick and Harry losing their sht over coaches that are being appointed, players being kept, players being sold, but we’ll now have local footballers and clubs cnting off the club because they couldn’t play their final at PR.

We’ll be good again... one day
Poll: How many home games do you get to a season

Pitch Renovations on 17:58 - May 13 with 2402 viewslongtimefan

They’re going to make the pitch narrower and shorter to ensure our 1 forward up top gets some help
Pitch Renovations on 18:05 - May 13 with 2360 viewsstonojnr

Pitch Renovations on 17:56 - May 13 by Freddies_Ears

It isn't a new pitch, though to be fair the current pitch isn't in bad nick after an easier season + fair weather. I heard the work would ideally take up to 10 weeks, so an earlier start makes it easier to do a good job.

I actually thought yesterday it looked in pretty good nick considering it normally looks worn out at this stage, I guess we just didnt play that much football on it this season ;)
Pitch Renovations on 18:09 - May 13 with 2339 viewsCheltenham_Blue

Pitch Renovations on 17:50 - May 13 by FPL_Tractor

Not sure if this is linked but I’ve heard 2 of the new owners mention a new scoreboard. May be that would render the pitch out of bounds?

Think they said that logistically there would be a lot to do on that. I'd be amazed if they got that done for this year.

Sounds more like the drainage and the sub surface will be done, before relaying turf. Thats the time to add in a sprinkler system and under soil heating, but we'd be looking at big money for all of that. Could be that they are putting things in place for the Premier League now.

Poll: Smooth Mash or Mash with Lumps?

Login to get fewer ads

Pitch Renovations on 18:33 - May 17 with 2017 viewschrismakin

Renovations started today

Can somebody work out what the guy to the far right is doing. Looks like hes cutting the grass which makes no sense considering it's being ripped up lol.

Pitch Renovations on 18:44 - May 17 with 1971 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Pitch Renovations on 18:33 - May 17 by chrismakin

Can somebody work out what the guy to the far right is doing. Looks like hes cutting the grass which makes no sense considering it's being ripped up lol.

Well obviously we're keeping the better bits of home grown turf but ripping up the rest.

Poll: Are this group of ITFC players the best squad in the division?

Pitch Renovations on 18:46 - May 17 with 1962 viewschrismakin

Pitch Renovations on 18:44 - May 17 by You_Bloo_Right

Well obviously we're keeping the better bits of home grown turf but ripping up the rest.

Ah ok. Never seen us do that before usually a full pitch Reno.

Pitch Renovations on 18:54 - May 17 with 1915 viewsChurchman

The question is will they be using Clegg’s old box of smartprice grass seed bought off eBay all those years ago. Seems shame to waste it.
Pitch Renovations on 18:58 - May 17 with 1897 viewsPhilTWTD

Looking at the tweet it looks like the usual summer scrape and reseed. The bigger plans that have been in place for some years need to have more planning than would have been possible since the takeover. Even after promotion it was always something which would have been done the following season after going up. One of the main issues is the poor access to the pitch, via the tunnel area and nowhere else.
Pitch Renovations on 19:00 - May 17 with 1879 viewschrismakin

Pitch Renovations on 18:58 - May 17 by PhilTWTD

Looking at the tweet it looks like the usual summer scrape and reseed. The bigger plans that have been in place for some years need to have more planning than would have been possible since the takeover. Even after promotion it was always something which would have been done the following season after going up. One of the main issues is the poor access to the pitch, via the tunnel area and nowhere else.

Do you reckon that's right by bloo above that only part of the pitch is being scraped and seeded. Seems quite a cheap way to go about it...

Pitch Renovations on 19:14 - May 17 with 1842 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Pitch Renovations on 19:00 - May 17 by chrismakin

Do you reckon that's right by bloo above that only part of the pitch is being scraped and seeded. Seems quite a cheap way to go about it...

Sorry, my attempt at humour seems to have mis-fired here.

With the clamour in certain quarters for our "home grown" players to be retained in the summer cull it seemed an obvious reference to make wrt the pitch renovation footage.

Pitch Renovations on 19:18 - May 17 with 1827 viewschrismakin

Pitch Renovations on 19:14 - May 17 by You_Bloo_Right

Sorry, my attempt at humour seems to have mis-fired here.

With the clamour in certain quarters for our "home grown" players to be retained in the summer cull it seemed an obvious reference to make wrt the pitch renovation footage.

Oh lol. Sorry lol

Pitch Renovations on 19:22 - May 17 with 1785 viewsbluelagos

I feel this is my area of expertise. After they have reseeded I would suggest they hire half a dozen angry blokes, who don't like pigeons, to keep the birds away and protect the sacred ground from them.

I am of course available for the right pay.

Poll: This new lockdown poll - what you reckon?

Pitch Renovations on 19:27 - May 17 with 1773 viewsYou_Bloo_Right

Pitch Renovations on 19:22 - May 17 by bluelagos

I feel this is my area of expertise. After they have reseeded I would suggest they hire half a dozen angry blokes, who don't like pigeons, to keep the birds away and protect the sacred ground from them.

Pitch Renovations on 21:40 - May 17 with 1603 viewsfrenchblue

Pitch Renovations on 19:27 - May 17 by You_Bloo_Right

I heard that they are going to tarmac it over (soft play area) hence all the travellers in the car park

https://www.ipswichstar.co.uk/news/caravans-at-portman-road-car-park-in-ipswich-
Pitch Renovations on 00:48 - May 19 with 1331 viewschrismakin

Even more confused about what the guy with the mower was doing.

Pitch Renovations on 08:04 - May 19 with 1085 viewsdickie

Pitch Renovations on 00:48 - May 19 by chrismakin

Even more confused about what the guy with the mower was doing.

Perhaps ITFC have an amazing compost bin somewhere and wanted to put the clippings in there before pulling the turf up...
Pitch Renovations on 08:27 - May 19 with 1032 viewstivo

Aerating I expect.
Pitch Renovations on 09:07 - May 19 with 957 viewsGeoffSentence

Pitch Renovations on 19:22 - May 17 by bluelagos

I'm your man.

I actually have quite a honed pigeon scaring method which involves a bluetooth speaker hooked up to Spotify and youtube looping through a play list of sounds from predatory brds, like Perergines and Goshawks, to bangs, gunshots and other loud noises. This combined with the physical aspect of hurling conkers and avocado stones at them is generally pretty effective. I have also experimented with horrible smells to discourage them from roosting under my solar panels.

Don't boil a kettle on a boat.
Poll: The best Williams to play for Town

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024