Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who’s been to and England v Scotland game? 21:02 - Jun 18 with 3096 viewsVic

1981 for me.

Poll: Right now, who would you rather have as Prime Minister?

Who’s been to and England v Scotland game? on 18:49 - Jun 20 with 527 viewsIpswichKnight

Who’s been to and England v Scotland game? on 21:56 - Jun 18 by bluelagos

99 and 2016.

99 was a playoff. We'd won 2.0 at Hampden and lost 1.0 at wembley. Everyone was happy.

2016 was a qualifier, 3.0.

Ipswich here, Ipswich there, Ipswich every feckingwhere! I was also at the 99 play-off the Scots were such happy gracious hosts after that.
Who’s been to and England v Scotland game? on 21:01 - Jun 20 with 484 viewsBluespeed225

86’, night game at Wembley. 2-1 to England. Sourness scored a pen, I was surrounded by Scots, to right of tunnel, upper tier. I just went with it when he put it away. During the anthems it had been ‘lively’. North Circular was a mess too.
Who’s been to and England v Scotland game? on 22:13 - Jun 20 with 471 viewspete81

Who’s been to and England v Scotland game? on 21:01 - Jun 20 by Bluespeed225

86’, night game at Wembley. 2-1 to England. Sourness scored a pen, I was surrounded by Scots, to right of tunnel, upper tier. I just went with it when he put it away. During the anthems it had been ‘lively’. North Circular was a mess too.

2013...Rickie Lambert scores with his first touch on his debut!!!!
Who’s been to and England v Scotland game? on 08:59 - Jun 21 with 444 viewsCoastalblue

Never football, egg chasing several times.

No idea when I began here, was a very long time ago. Previously known as Spirit_of_81. Love cheese, hate the colour of it, this is why it requires some blue in it.
Poll: If someone promised you promotion next season, would you think

Who’s been to and England v Scotland game? on 09:11 - Jun 21 with 436 viewshammo56

First one was at Hampden, May 1976. Scotland won 2-1, it was the game where Clemence let a shot from Dalglish go through his legs. Mick Channon scored for England.
Most recent was last Friday at Wembley. Must admit have always preferred going to Hampden rather than Wembley for these games.
Who’s been to and England v Scotland game? on 09:38 - Jun 21 with 407 viewsRadlett_blue

Who’s been to and England v Scotland game? on 22:00 - Jun 18 by floridablue

1973... last minute decision to go with a mate who drove from ipswich. Bought the tickets outside from the touts and as we're just about to reach our gate two older Scottish guys were offering their seat tickets for ones behind the goal, which was where ours were so we swopped! Thank the lord we did as that end was nearly all Scottish fans.. well, so was the other end! 1-0 England and can still vividly recall Shiltons famous save and the Alan Ball free kick for Martin Peters headed goal.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2021 22:08]

i haven't but a mate went to the 5-1 England win at Wembley in 1975 and he said he kept fairly quiet because he was surrounded by ravenous Jocks. As you say, somehow they seemed to get hold of over half the tickets, presumably getting many from the touts. Tickets for the game were hugely prized in those days, rather like the FA Cup final. The Jocks used to get a decent allocation in those days , but I'm sure the Scottish touts had plenty of English contacts.

Poll: Should horse racing be banned in the UK?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024