Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Biggest artistic letdown 14:05 - Jul 20 with 3385 viewsIllinoisblue

Music, TV, books… what’s been your biggest disappointment

Season 5 of The Wire

Second Coming - Stone Roses

62 - 78 - 81
Poll: What sport is the most corrupt?

Biggest artistic letdown on 15:36 - Jul 20 with 1320 viewsmutters

Biggest artistic letdown on 14:52 - Jul 20 by ArnoldMoorhen

It's got to be most Star Wars stuff of the last 25 years, but especially the ending of that last one. I'm not even going to say the name of it, because it annoys me so much. It really takes something to make The Phantom Menace not the most sh#t Star Wars movie.

And yet I keep going back.

Rogue One was good, though. And I quite liked Solo.

Oh, and The Mandalorian is good, if you can make the shift back into "wrap up a story inside an hour" telly, after years of complex, long form box sets.

See, I told you I keep going back.

The end of season 2 of The Mandalorian has been one of my TV highlights for years, maybe decades. Totally blew me away (won't say too much as I don't want anybody to not experience it for themselves)

Poll: At what price would you sell our 32 year old Leading Scorer Murphy this summer?

Biggest artistic letdown on 15:43 - Jul 20 with 1299 viewsMattinLondon

Be Here Now - Oasis.
Biggest artistic letdown on 15:44 - Jul 20 with 1296 viewsazuremerlangus

Anything by Umberto Eco since The Name Of The Rose.

Fantastic book once you get into it but his other books have beaten me despite my best efforts.

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Biggest artistic letdown on 15:51 - Jul 20 with 1286 viewsGogs

Biggest artistic letdown on 15:34 - Jul 20 by mutters

How wrong were the critics at the time? The Second Coming is an absolute cracking album, even with Squires LedZep love fest going on. There have been a number of music critics over the years who have said that they got it wrong. It was slated as it wasn't the same as their first album, but man what an album. It stands on its own two feet in my humble opinion

Each to his own. It’s only a 6 out of 10 album for me, and was mostly a disappointment after the long wait. Some of it’s great but the led zeppelin thing was a bit too self indulgent for me and a couple of the tracks are just not good at all as far as I’m concerned. Prefer some of Ian Brown’s solo stuff personally
Biggest artistic letdown on 16:14 - Jul 20 with 1263 viewsJ2BLUE

Biggest artistic letdown on 14:41 - Jul 20 by chicoazul

She was insane and traumatised, we watched her be abused and degraded for years and she always took extreme vengeance on her enemies. And Jon was fundamentally a good bloke who knew what would happen if he let her live; more bloodshed.

*****GOT SPOILERS AHEAD*****

No issue with Dany dying. No issie with Jon killing her. My issue was Bran randomly being handed the crown when they had been fighting over it all that time. My issue was Dorne, the last ones fighting against the Targaryens agreeing to Bran's rule while Winterfell was allowed to just leave.

It made zero sense. They could have at least shown Bran convincing the others that he was a good choice and that he really did have the power to see into the past etc.

The whole thing was a giant f##k up.

Truly impaired.
Poll: Will you buying a Super Blues membership?

Biggest artistic letdown on 16:17 - Jul 20 with 1256 viewsPhilTWTD

Biggest artistic letdown on 15:44 - Jul 20 by azuremerlangus

Anything by Umberto Eco since The Name Of The Rose.

Fantastic book once you get into it but his other books have beaten me despite my best efforts.

I'd argue after Foucault's Pendulum, which is truly brilliant once you've got into it.
Biggest artistic letdown on 16:20 - Jul 20 with 1253 viewsWeWereZombies

Biggest artistic letdown on 16:17 - Jul 20 by PhilTWTD

I'd argue after Foucault's Pendulum, which is truly brilliant once you've got into it.

Sorry, but shouldn't that be 'once you've got into the swing of it'?

Poll: What was in Wes Burns' imaginary cup of tea ?

Biggest artistic letdown on 16:22 - Jul 20 with 1245 viewsPhilTWTD

Biggest artistic letdown on 16:20 - Jul 20 by WeWereZombies

Sorry, but shouldn't that be 'once you've got into the swing of it'?

Hurrah, of course into the swing of it!
Login to get fewer ads

Biggest artistic letdown on 16:29 - Jul 20 with 1226 viewsghostofescobar

ABC’s second album. From majesty to meh. What a down hearted teen I was.

GhostOfEscobar

Biggest artistic letdown on 17:00 - Jul 20 with 1201 viewsDubtractor

Hot Tub Time Machine 2.

The first was a great comedy film, but the second was lazy and unnecessary.

I was born underwater, I dried out in the sun. I started humping volcanoes baby, when I was too young.
Poll: How confident are you of promotion now? Predicted final position...

Biggest artistic letdown on 17:09 - Jul 20 with 1190 viewsRadioOrwell

Nearly everything I've seen in a Theatre ie: plays.

I know I know. Will the Bard etc etc.

But really - who falls for the tired old sight of nearly out of work actors trying to be noticed.
I saw Pacino on Broadway - Awful.
I have heard more than a dozen lines of Shakespeare without wanting an English Tutor to explain what just happened.
I used to hang out with a couple of friends ( a playwright and a director ) and I saw a million small venue plays.
I never had the heart to say it was all AWFUL.
All of it ... AWFUL.

I pissed myself laughing at 'The Producers' - Mel Brooks.
Biggest artistic letdown on 17:28 - Jul 20 with 1172 viewsIPS_wich

I instinctively thought Second Coming, but the comments on here have persuaded me to give it another crack (it must be over 20 years since I last listened to it).

GOT ending I had no problem with apart from Winterfell being allowed to secede despite a Stark being on the Iron Throne.

As a huge fan of the GOT books I’m readying myself for being being let down by George Martin - no way he lives to finish them.

The latest Star Wars trilogy collectively. I don’t mind any of the films on an individual basis, but as a trilogy they just don’t work - such a shame Rian Johnson threw away the trilogy outline that had been planned.

Recently, the last episode of Loki - loved the first five episodes and then the last one…what the hell was that??

But probably the biggest one for me - The Sisters of Mercy. For so many years we were promised new material, Eldritch has never put the band to bed, occasionally touring when he needs some money, abuses the crowd who do bother to turn up and then f**ks off for another 5-6 years of silence.
Biggest artistic letdown on 17:28 - Jul 20 with 1167 viewsArnoldMoorhen

Biggest artistic letdown on 15:36 - Jul 20 by mutters

The end of season 2 of The Mandalorian has been one of my TV highlights for years, maybe decades. Totally blew me away (won't say too much as I don't want anybody to not experience it for themselves)

I've only seen Season 1 of The Mandalorian, so am VERY grateful that you didn't add any spoilers! Thanks!
Biggest artistic letdown on 17:29 - Jul 20 with 1166 viewshoppy

Biggest artistic letdown on 17:28 - Jul 20 by IPS_wich

I instinctively thought Second Coming, but the comments on here have persuaded me to give it another crack (it must be over 20 years since I last listened to it).

GOT ending I had no problem with apart from Winterfell being allowed to secede despite a Stark being on the Iron Throne.

As a huge fan of the GOT books I’m readying myself for being being let down by George Martin - no way he lives to finish them.

The latest Star Wars trilogy collectively. I don’t mind any of the films on an individual basis, but as a trilogy they just don’t work - such a shame Rian Johnson threw away the trilogy outline that had been planned.

Recently, the last episode of Loki - loved the first five episodes and then the last one…what the hell was that??

But probably the biggest one for me - The Sisters of Mercy. For so many years we were promised new material, Eldritch has never put the band to bed, occasionally touring when he needs some money, abuses the crowd who do bother to turn up and then f**ks off for another 5-6 years of silence.

More like Sisters of No Mercy then.

Poll: Which Which nickname for ITFC do you prefer? poll do you prefer?
Blog: Graphical Blog: I Feel the Need...

Biggest artistic letdown on 17:45 - Jul 20 with 1151 viewspositivity

Biggest artistic letdown on 14:50 - Jul 20 by hoppy

I never got into that.

How did you find it?

definitely worth watching lost, liked it at the time, loved it more second time round, stands up well imho.

as for second coming; it's a great album, it's just not a "stone roses" album. i think people just wanted them to repeat the fabulous first album over and over again, john squire was never going to do that...

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Biggest artistic letdown on 17:51 - Jul 20 with 1145 viewsKropotkin123

Biggest artistic letdown on 14:21 - Jul 20 by J2BLUE

I am still so annoyed with the ending of GOT that it genuinely still makes me angry when I think about it.

Agreed, the character writing and continuity was particularly poor.

GRRM was always someone who wrote the battle scene with an idea of how they are meant to be used. Eg Stannis uses his horses to flank the wildlings or the Arryn horses encircling the Bolton troops and ending the fight.

Whereas D&D charge armourless horses head-on into mobilised units, have them all killed within a minute of the battle commencing... The Dothraki then proceed to come back to fill half of the siege force for the assault on the Lannisters.

Some of the greatest minds of Westeros - Tyrion and Varys - suddenly turn into incompetent fools.

The was nowhere near enough character development from Daenerys to suggest she would act like that. Zero pay-off for all that "learning to rule" time on the other continent.

Like you say, not enough time to go into everything and do it justice.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Biggest artistic letdown on 17:53 - Jul 20 with 1141 viewspositivity

loki was a tough one, they had to set up series 2 and the next few marvel films, so wasn't a great final episode compared to the others

Poll: do you do judo and/or do you do voodoo?

Biggest artistic letdown on 20:15 - Jul 20 with 1098 viewsazuremerlangus

Biggest artistic letdown on 16:17 - Jul 20 by PhilTWTD

I will give it another go - 3rd time lucky…

Poll: What type of manager will we get?

Biggest artistic letdown on 08:21 - Jul 21 with 1028 viewsRomeo4

Not sure I’d say it was my biggest disappointment but the way Line of Duty finished was a big let down.
Biggest artistic letdown on 08:51 - Jul 21 with 999 viewsb1079blue

the levellers and squeeze live in the last ten years living of past glories without putting the effort in.
Biggest artistic letdown on 08:54 - Jul 21 with 997 viewsWarkystache

Morrissey - I went to one of his concerts about fifteen years ago just after he bought out Ringleader of the Tormentors. He played two Smiths songs - Hand in Glove and Stop Me.... then stormed off after an hour and a quarter because he was 'not feeling it tonight'.

Any book by Dan Brown or Hilary Mantel or Sebastian Faulks.

Anything original on 'Dave' channel.

The ending of LOD.

Poll: If we were guaranteed promotion next season, how would you celebrate?
Blog: [Blog] It's Time the Club Pushed On

Biggest artistic letdown on 08:58 - Jul 21 with 994 viewsKropotkin123

Really like the last episode of Loki.

***LOKI SEASON ONE SPOILERS***

They introduce a character who is potentially a Thanos level villain at the end (Kang) and need to explain him properly. It also mirrors the Scarlet Witch season finale. So when Kang lets female Loki kill him, that is because of the Scarlet Witch nexus event (taking AH's powers). This is all likely setting up Dr Strange 2. They also pay-off that Loki loving Loki is not the big nexus event (as our Loki gets booted back). There is more aside, but they put so much in there. No doubt more than people realise at the point.

Submit your 1-24 league prediction here -https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/514096/page:1 - for the opportunity to get a free Ipswich top.
Poll: Are you happy we signed
Blog: Round Four: Eagle

Biggest artistic letdown on 09:03 - Jul 21 with 989 viewsnoggin

Jack Grealish.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

Biggest artistic letdown on 09:10 - Jul 21 with 980 viewschicoazul

Biggest artistic letdown on 08:58 - Jul 21 by Kropotkin123

Really like the last episode of Loki.

***LOKI SEASON ONE SPOILERS***

They introduce a character who is potentially a Thanos level villain at the end (Kang) and need to explain him properly. It also mirrors the Scarlet Witch season finale. So when Kang lets female Loki kill him, that is because of the Scarlet Witch nexus event (taking AH's powers). This is all likely setting up Dr Strange 2. They also pay-off that Loki loving Loki is not the big nexus event (as our Loki gets booted back). There is more aside, but they put so much in there. No doubt more than people realise at the point.

End of Loki was fantastic. Best Marvel thing since Civil War.

In the spirit of reconciliation and happiness at the end of the Banter Era (RIP) and as a result of promotion I have cleared out my ignore list. Look forwards to reading your posts!
Poll: With Evans taking 65% in Huddersfield, is the Banter Era over?

Biggest artistic letdown on 09:12 - Jul 21 with 977 viewsnoggin

I never really got the hype with The Wire. It was ok but I'm preferring Bosch.

Poll: If KM goes now, will you applaud him when he returns with his new club?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© TWTD 1995-2024